main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Star by Star discussion thread (Spoilers from EOV and SBS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by anyueman, Aug 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    maybe it's settled by NEITHER winning?

2. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    And why do you say Kyp is so safe? Because you like him? But I know it's not him...Jaina would be rejoicing, not out for revenge! ;)

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I still think Jag is safe til Dark Journey, I don't think they'd kill Kyp yet since I think he's gonna stay around to cause friction between the two sides of Jedi, would Corran's death REALLY make Jaina that mad?

Ugh, this is too hard.

4. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Kyp's meant to have a part in Dark Journeys. Dying might affect that :)

5. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Cheeky boy. You just wait! :)

6. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well, it's not actually confirmed, I don't think. If it is confirmed Kyp is in DJ, tell me, but where did you see that?

Still, I think he'll stick around so that he and Luke can have conflicting opinions. Makes things nice and interesting.

Greg Keyes says Kyp's ultimate fate is decided. Whatever that fate is. It could be death. Maybe it's not.

Jacen just seems likely to die, but he's a Solo, I don't know if they'll kill a Solo.

Edit: And I think the title may still be Dark Journey. That was the title listed in the preview. Publisher's Weekly is usually pretty accurate.

7. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    maybe he follows Dorsk's example, and Kyp 2 appears :)

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    And maybe he's a Jedi spirit which is more likely than the cloning idea.

9. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Kyp is a good foil for Luke, whatever else I may think of him. Oh...who is it?!

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I guess we'll know on October 30. Which is 2 months and 10 days away, BTW.

11. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    oh good, fills trhe time waiting for Jay and Silent Bob and WIndtalkers :)

12. DarthGanner

DarthGanner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    The one thing I don't understan is LFL's bloodlust. They seem to be following the idea that "if we kill everyone the fans will love it!" No! Bad! Wrong! I think that there should be a little character development before killing them off. Most of the characters i've seen mentioned all seem to be my favorites. However(as much as i hate the idea of killing off another major character) I have a theory of my own. They will be driven into the unknown regions and be forced to ally themselves with the chiss and ssi-ruuk and remnant. That would be good. I also miss not seeing the war from the perspective that Stackpose showed us in the x-wing books. Hey! maybe the NR will retake coruscant in the triliogy Allston is working on. Keeping in tradition, hopefully, coruscant will be infiltrated by the wraiths who seemed to disappear after solo command.

maybe i'm just making up yet more crackpot theories. :(

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think that Luke will be the one to die. After all he's brother to Leia, brother-in-law to Han, uncle to Anakin, Jacen and Jaina, husband to Mara, father to Ben, teacher to all Jedi as well as the main representative for most of the Jedi so I consider him to be a MAJOR charcter. I don't think Leia, Jaina, Jacen or Anakin will die because that would probably drive Han insane. Ben is too major of character for them to kill off after just being born in Rebirth. C3PO, R2D2 and Lando aren't large enough charcters to get killled.

14. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    reaperfett-nice analysis, r.i.p jacen

I'm 99% sure it'll be jacen but if not it could be jagged. Maybe she visits the chiss and the vong follow and he dies. Or maybe jacen is only kidnapped and someone else dies. Either way jacen+suffering=good.

15. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    Fun guesses but look at the range.

16. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Think about it. Zekk dies in SbS, jaina is devastated in DJ, and it leaves the door open for Jagged to make a move.

hey? hey?

17. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Okay, this death has to be really damaging to Jania("deep personal loss" and something harsh enough to cause her to go on a "dark journey"). I'd say the only ones who qualify that we know at this point are family. Zeek seems to have been left out of NJO, so I don't expect him to show up now, half way through. Jag hasn't been seen in ages. So, going on all the other stuff that's been stated, I'd have to say it'll be Jacen. He seemed to come to a decent conclusion of his personal quest in BP, and the remaining issues could be solved with how he dies(giving his life for the cause). Jania would be devastated, and possibly be driven to take Kyp's path. It would fulfill the story idea Keyes set up in Rebirth, and IMHO make for really interesting reading.

18. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    interesting reading? heck, I'll post the whole death scene on my bio!

19. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    First off, I'd like to say that I never liked the implications of the title, and now that they gave a cover summary of it, I'm even more concerned. Bad enough for everything to be going straight to hell for the galaxy, and that the Skywalker/Solo family have endured so much, but now to have one of the kids go off the deep end and turn to the dark side? That's the last thing they need.

I don't know who's going to get it, but I'm almost positive it won't be Jacen. I think I heard somewhere that a future NJO book's going to be focusing on him. The same way Conquest focused on Anakin and Dark Journey will focus on Jaina. Maybe Destiny's Road, the fourth hardcover.

20. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    no, dont give him a HC! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

21. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I love it when they let people snuff it(die).
    I hoped Mara would die when IO read Rebirth. Just after the birth of Ben. People should die, that's what they do in war.

22. Schildawg

Schildawg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 1999
    I think Jacen makes the most sense. DJ summary mentions that she takes a deep personal loss, but it doesn't say that it was a loss exclusive to her.

It would make an interesting story line. Jacen dies in a situation where he is hesitating to fight in combat against the Vong. (Look at the way he didn't even want to fight the skips in Rebirth) Jaina is deeply hurt because he was her twin brother, and at the same time rejects the pacifistic philosophy that got him killed. Like father like daughter, she goes off the deep end, except she is Jedi and goes to the Dark Side.

So what will happen with Han? He was already crushed by the loss of Chewie, and of course losing Jacen would probably be even worse. So does he flip out again? No. This time he realizes that to follow that course will be a sure way to lose his daughter to, and he pulls himself together and sets out on a quest to try to save Jaina.

Now this could be a great plot to have Han help redeem Jaina back to the Light side, the same way Luke did for Anakin.

Typical Star Wars redemption story. But this time Han isn't left out of the elite Jedi club!

23. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    JediAlly, I'm with ReaperFett here. Please don't give Jacen his own hardback!!!

Really, if you look at Balance Point, Jacen was one(if not the) main focus. His whole vision of the galaxy, and his resolving to fight the darkness and all that. His character's been fully developed and now the best think he could do is die. It would really move things along, and it would stir people up in a way similar to Chewie's death. Like with Chewie, we will be angry at first, then we will be sad, then we will get over it, and understand why it was done.

24. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    ReaperFett, Corran, I'm only guessing here. I know I heard that he's going to be the focus of an upcoming NJO book. I'm just guessing it's Destiny's Road. It sounds appropriate because I'm hoping that in the book where Jacen's the focus, he finally finds what he's looking for, and he'll be able to take on Tsavong Lah, no contest.

25. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    You are saying not to give him a hardcover, but at the same time, SbS is a confirmed hardcover. I agree that BP was his book though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.