main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official STAR WARS: CONTEXT Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    (Previously, Context was discussed on a thread on TFN Fan Films' forum. Those original thread is now directed here.)

STAR WARS: CONTEXT
    Discussion Thread
    Projected Release Date: Early 2004

"DAWSON'S CREEK MEETS STAR WARS."

Yup, that's how we're billing this thing. Sad, I know, but it's also accurate. This time around, Rayzur's Edge Audio is bringing you a series of short fan audio dramas in one growing storyline, like the season of a television series, featuring the "real world" exploits of a group of Star Wars fans caught in their college years. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll want to slap Habib silly.

Don't worry, you'll meet Habib soon enough . . .

Visit the CONTEXT WEBSITE for more information and to download the serious fan audio drama:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/context/

Starring (lead roles):
    Nathan Butler
    Ian Bowie
    Krista Kolesar
    Brian Bisetti
    Matthew Gordon
    Michael Haspil

2. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Status Update:

Well, of the 6-episode first "season," 5 are written, and I'm holding off on the cliffhanger season finale. I want to make sure I get that "right."

As for parts, I haven't asked the others to record yet, since I want a lot of Anthology done before I start mixing Context, but the part of Cameron has been entirely recorded, as has a director's file for all five of the written episodes.

3. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Update: I've been contacted by a gent with audio experience in college who is wanting to branch into Star Wars fan audio to get some experience. There's a possibility that it'll be him, not me, mixing the Context series. That'll leave me time to focus on Anthology and on writing future episodes of Context.

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Welcome to PART IV of EAGLET: BUMPING NATHAN'S THREADS... ;)

I am very much looking forward to Star Wars: Context. This sounds like we're finally moving away from in-universe audio dramas, and into real-world audio dramas, where I think we're going to see a lot of cool things.

Don't get me wrong, I loved 2S, Parelells, Dreamscape, ect., but I can't wait to see some real-world audio dramas done as well.

This is where I want radio to go in the near future. I know I'm probably dreaming, but my local talk station did a Christmas special that was very good, and I LOVE all the old shows, like 'X Minus 1,' 'I Love Lucy,' 'Amos and Andy.' Those were the good old days of radio. And now, we have better editing equiptment, we can do more edgy stories, there is (overall) better acting, and I think audio dramas could do very well comertially on the radio, or at least on the Internet.

?Eaglet

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Well, here's hoping all goes well. The cast is set, but somewhat on hold right now, as I try to focus on Anthology. I figure I'll end up mixing all of Context at once, as if it's one big project, so I want to wait until I can give it plenty of time. Probably, my guess: mixing next summer.

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
  7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    It is with a heavy heart, but an eye toward priorities, that I announce that Star Wars: Context . . . has now been cancelled. I'm archiving away the five scripts and director's recordings, just in case I decide to go ahead with it again in the future, but, for now, it's dead.

8. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    That's too bad, Nathan. Hope you'll be able to dig it out later. :)

9. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I know the feeling of having to kill a project because of having too many projects. It's a sad thing, I know.

I hope that Context can be ressurected at some point in the future.

-Eaglet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.