main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Official Star Wars Exhibition Outing Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    With the Opening Day of The Art of Star Wars Exhibition drawing near, FanForce Singapore will be having a couple of Official FanForce Outings to the Exhibition as a group.

FFSG Members are thus encouraged to nominate a Date, Time and maybe even Theme if necessary for our Outings. o_O

For our First Nomination, we should have an Outing to the SW Exhibition on [b]Sunday, 11th December 2005[/b] to corresponde with [link=http://myscififan.proboards40.com/index.cgi][b]MySciFi[/b][/link] Members Visit to the Exhibition:

[b]DATE:[/b] 11th December, Sunday

[b]MEETING TIME & PLACE:[/b] 12.30pm at Singapore Science Centre McDonald

[b]NOTES:[/b]
    - [b]NO[/b] Photography, Video Recording, Handphone Recording and Sketching in the Exhibition Hall [b]At All Time[/b]
    - Members unless Volunteering or Working at the Exhibition or Have Free Tickets, are to pay for their own Admission Tickets into the Exhibition Hall
    - Members are [b]Encourage[/b] to wear [b]SW Costumes/Armor[/b] or Apparel with SW Props
    - Members are responsible for their own belongings at all time unless put into the care of authorized places such as Locker. [face_tongue]
    - Latecomers or Early Birds are to make their own way to The Annex Building, Singapore Science Centre

So can we have a rough list of who can make it this [b]Sunday, Dec 11th[/b]?

Thank you. :)

2. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    U think we could work out with SSC to convince them in giving us a room / some kinda refreshments when We all go in costume?

We get a place to change and put our stuff, while we parade around the premesis and draw the crowds for them.

what u think?

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm trying to think of something for our FanForce Members only but it can only be done when the exhibition hall had been seen in real life (can't tell which "rooms" are accessible by the online Maps) and this must be be agreed by the other Showhosts as it may go into our "Green Room". :p You all want a room easily accesible too rite? ;)

Anyway, we'll talk about that after the Exhibition open as things can easily change from my experience. ;)

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Count us in! :)

5. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003

6. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    uh...i have archery comp on that day. :S

if you guys can't change it, it's fine...just carry on. :)

7. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    A Sith Lord who shoots arrows? :confused:

8. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    you gotta admit, as powerful as the lightsabre may be, sometimes operating in secret requires something more than a melee weapon. :)

besides, Clare's in it too! haha.

9. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    What! U guys take Archery!? COOL!! I stopped after graduating Beginners, as i cannot find comrades to go shoot some round boards! Also, ranges are too far to go alone!!

fill me in!

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So can we have a rough list of who can make it this Sunday, Dec 11th?
    1. JediJean
    2. GetzJedi
    3. CoOLv1rus
    4. Darth_Eagle

I'm not too sure what time the MySciFi Contigent that are going to China Square first will arrive but whatever it is, all members are free to leave at whatever time you need to if got other commitment after that. ;)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Our First FFSG Outing in on 19th Nov, Sat. ;) Members are encourage to wear costume or at least SW T-Shirt.

Please add your name to the list at our other Forum if you can attend it. ;)

12. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    So what time and where are we meeting on Saturday, 19 Nov 2005 for the Opening Day of "The Art of Star Wars" exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre??

DE, pls help to clarify.

13. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hi guys,

not sure what you guys have decided, but here's what SSC has requested in regards to those with the free entry, and those who are interested in meeting up with the hong kong and taiwan fans who will be going to the exhibition on the 19th too. Please be at SSC by 945am as that's when the "activities" commence.

For more information, please refer to this thread:

Cheers

14. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    ANy more outings? I wanna make myself a costume if there's free entry... :p

15. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    There's likely to be one or a couple more from now till the end of the exhibition... But we're hoping to get more than just free entry cos several of us had already entered free more than once... :p

Get started on your costume, I say! [face_peace]

16. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Got CIP points? den can skip cca... :p

Heh shall go spotlight tommorrow... i have to hand sew it!!! :mad: :mad:

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ugh! [face_tired] Most types of cloths you can actually get from Arab Street and People's Park Shopping Centre (think most of the cloths shops had moved back) at a much lower price. Tho' Spotlight give the assurance of good quality cloth, their real name and content, pricewise, they are still pretty expansive.

I only get my cloths from Spotlight when only them have it in the color I want like for Panne Velvet or Cotton Drill or the cloths no other places have.

18. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Heh... had to go spotlight cos i have no idea how to get to those places beyond taxi... :p Got them...now trying to measure myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.