main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Official Star Wars Exhibition Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    *Cough Cough* If you are successful my friend, if you are successful. ;)

Okay, a little gauge:
    Who think he/she is available on most weekend to help out at the exhibition in costume/armor? Unless you are employed, this will be on a volunteer basis.

2. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    i think i can, but saturdays onli. volunteer.

3. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Hee. I would love to volunteer. But I have no costume at all. Muahaha. OH well, just wistful thinking on my part I guess.

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, basically costumes is actually optional if you are serious about volunteering on regular basis. It is highly recommanded if you own one to wear it to increase the SW atmosphere in the Exhibition Hall BUT you must consult with the SSC Staff In Charge of Volunteers and the Showhosts FIRST.

1. Volunteer Explainer
    This is for working adults and I think students from private schools.

The minimum commitment asked for is 3-hour shift once per month or negotiable from Tuesday-Sunday & holidays, 10:00 am - 1 pm, 2.30 pm - 5.00 pm.

This is available to interested parties who are 14 years and above.

2. Student Explainer
    This is for students from Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges, CI and Polytechnics. The minimum commitment asked for is 10 volunteer hours (excluding 2 hours orientation).

The timing allowed is 11.00 am - 5.00 pm on holidays and weekends, and 2.30 pm - 5.00 pm on weekdays with lunch is from 1.00 - 2.00pm.

Students can have this recorded as their Community Service (does it still exist?)

Check out SSC's Volunteer Page for more infos or to apply. ;)

Remember, the exhibition can use people who can be helpful to both the visitors and staffs. :)

5. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    Heh I guess I qualify for the second category. So we have to sign up at the SSC webpage?

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    If only interested for the SW Exhibition, do the registration when pretty close to the opening day of the exhibition.

7. darshaassant

Mar 13, 2005
    So you mean we can't choose what events we want to volunteer for?

8. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    cool...am i qualified for the second category?

9. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    So, what if you sign up, but you are assigned to Science Center itself and not the SW exhibition?

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You are to notify the Staff where you're interested in volunteering at. From my experiences with the LOTR Exhibition, we are seeing the same old volunteer faces.

Anyhow, will check with them and Fiona (she is one of our regular LOTR Exhibition Volunteers) about how volunteers can exactly state to which exhibition they want to be hooked to. ;)

11. starwarssg

starwarssg Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    The first major publicity launch of the Art of Star Wars Exhibition begins TOMORROW 6th August 2005 at the National Day Carnival @ Marina .

For the FIRST LOOK at the beautiful official poster for the Art of Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore, and the full details of where to get the mini-poster, check out www.starwars.sg .

12. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    Wow, cool! When does the exhibition/carnival end? Cause my school is bringing my class to go to the National day carnival on the 11th of August(2.00pm-6.30pm). So will the exhibition of the Art of Star Wars still be on by that time?

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Actually, there is nothing much there other than our costumed talents (under the care of Movie Mania). Just distributing the pamplets promoting the exhibition.

But, from what I saw on Wed, there are other unrelated stuffs that can keep the public entertained so just enjoy the carnival as it is. ;)

14. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Ahem, semi-offical news from Movie Mania inside sources. 11th Aug will have Star Wars costumes parading ard. However, since it's a weekday and all, there will only be 2 costumes on duty. And yes, they'll just be walking around distrubing pamplets. Weds will most PROBABLY be Darth Maul and either a Red Guard or the Emperor. That is still been discussed. They will be there from 5pm-8pm. Most probably be around the Robot World area also.

Please do come by and support. =)

Out.

15. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    HAHAHAHAH disturbing pamplets
    I meant distributing

16. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    ohhh, great!
    hahaha...i think i'll force all my classmates to take one...o_O
    do they allow me to take photos with them?

17. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Er...sorry major wrong info. For 11 Aug, the timing is 2pm to 4pm. And confirmed that it will be Darth Maul and Emperor that will be appearing.

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes with your camera but check with people like DarthCrovus on where exactly the Talents will be hanging out at during the timing. Think around the Robot World (Family) Tents? ;)

19. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Photo-taking is much encouraged. Gives the guys something to do. But you need to bring your own camera. And the place is most probably near the Robot World entrance. Don't think they'll venture far from there. Have fun, and stay safe.

20. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    Roger! Roger!
    Thanks for all the information!:)
    But i don't have the slightest idea where is that Robot world thingy...hmm never mind i'll find it for myself..thanks again.

21. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Update: Today was Red Guard and Maul, so tomorrow might change again. Possible list of characters: Mual, Emperor, Red Guard. In any possible combination of duo. =)

22. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I want to volunteer!! But see first, might have a busy schedule this end of year.

23. starwarssg

starwarssg Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    I think you costumers have been doing such a great job at the Carnival ! I can hardly imagine how you must feel in the hot sun and drenching rain at the Carnival as you distribute those thousands of pamphlets .

Good job , you all , and thanks for all the hard work put in ! :)

24. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahah hot, hot and very wet, and stinking to the max too. =p
    No probs man, enjoyed myself with the kids there. =)

25. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    So all of you volunteered to dress up in the hot sun to give out the flyers eh? So cool, but i didn't have the chance to see the ppl in costumes when i was at the carnival...only saw loads of students like me lost in the hot and humid place...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.