main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official *Star Wars Insider and Official Magazines* Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I have been granted authorization by the moderators to create a thread pertaining to Episode 3 information and pictures released in Star Wars Insider and other official international star wars magazines. But before the posting begins, I need to lay a few ground rules. Please note that failure to abide by these rules could possibly result in banishment from the 3NS private board.

#1. ABSOLUTELY NO (AND I MEAN NO) HYPERSPACE RELATED MATERIAL IS TO BE DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD.

#2. NO PICTURES OR LINKS TO PICTURES FROM INSIDER OR THE OTHER MAGAZINES IS TO BE POSTED ON THIS THREAD. AT THE MOMENT, LUCASFILM HAS REQUESTED TFN NOT TO POST THE MAGAZINE PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE.

#3. DISCUSSION AND SPECULATION IN THIS THREAD WILL BE BASED SOLELY ON THE INFORMATION RELEASED IN THE MAGAZINES. USING OTHER OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL SPOILERS OR INFO AS BASIS FOR SPECULATION IS UNACCEPTABLE.

#4. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. IF YOU WANT TO USE A DIRECT QUOTE OR FACT FROM THE MAGAZINE, PLEASE PARAPHRASE IT INTO YOUR OWN WORDS.

#5. POSTING ABOUT SPOILERS IS FINE, AS LONG AS THE SPOILERS COME FROM THE MAGAZINES.

#6. ALL NORMAL RULES ON THE 3NS BOARD APPLY AND THE MODERATORS HAVE THE FINAL SAY IN ANY DECISIONS REGARDING POSTS ON THIS BOARD.

#7. HAVE FUN!

WELCOME TO THE STAR WARS INSIDER AND OTHER OFFICIAL MAGAZINES DISCUSSION THREAD! :)

2. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Good idea Cap'n.

3. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    This is a good idea, this way those of us who want to avoid ANY kind of spoiler info, even that which comes from official sources, can just avoid this thread.

4. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Okay, so to begin our discussion, the most recent issue of star wars insider had a picture of obi-wan and anakin on the bridge of a trade federation cruiser. Any speculation as to what they may be doing there or how they get there?

My guess is they are sent there to turn off a droid army of some kind. (Like Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon tried to do in the episode 2 deleted scene.)
    Or maybe they are sent there to assasinate the viceroy. Or better yet, Count Dooku himself.

5. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    They might be there to capture the Seperatist leaders.

6. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I like the idea of capturing Seperatist leaders. But I doubt they'd go after Dooku. He almost killed them in the last fight they were in, so why would the Jedi Council have Obi-Wan and Anakin try to fight him again?

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I think a mission like that would end the film quickly. Dooku did beat the crap out of both Anakin and Obi-wan in Ep 2. Another intentional face-off would be redundant. Especially with the loose-canon additude that Anakin had in their first battle. He'd easily get Obi-wan and himself killed if he did that again.

As for the photo though, I think they'll just be traveling to somewhere. Likely to Alderaan for some reason. I imagine Bail Organa's introduction into Ep 3 will be at a quicker pace than in Ep 2, so, that could be where they're going.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Look at Typho - he has delusions of moderation. ;)

Yeah, I'm guessing it would be capturing either my friend Nute Gunray or possibly Dooku.

My personal belief is that Dooku will be killed in the first 1/3 of the movie, but that's just my gut instinct with no info backing it up.

And the purpose could be to show just how advanced Obi-Wan and Anakin have become over the past 3 years - surviving the Clone Wars will do that to you (not to mention playing a leading role in the combat).

9. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Good idea for a thread Typho!

I can't speculate on the Trade Federation thing, because I think I already know what's going on there...

But I will say there was a quote I found especially interesting... it was about Anakin being suspicious of everyone and everything... but not quite suspicious enough!

Palpidious! You're a bad man :p

10. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    nah, with my schedule now, I'd never have the time to be a board moderator. However, I do plan to keep an eye on this thread and monitor it and inform the mods if anyone acts up. I'm really thankful to the mods though for letting me go ahead and do this. One of the big problems in the 3NS lately was there was nowhere to talk about official stuff like this. I figured that now that stinrab and windy have made this private, the trolls won't be coming in here to this thread and posting spoilers relating to the star wars insider stuff. That way it's a much safer thread than it would have been if I had made it under the public board. By the way, I think the 3NS has a board pertaining to official site and hyperspace material as well (I'm not too sure) but I noticed that the magazine stuff was missing. In the future, I may look into creating an official literature thread pertaining to episode 3. After all, in the coming years, we are bound to see a lot of official publications that may contain hints pertaining to episode 3. I'll see how this thread goes first. Glad everyone likes it. By the way, what do you all think of that picture with Anakin and the Chancellor smiling at each other? ;)

11. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Yep, they exist. Here's the thread that contains the links to all the OS threads like Hyperspace and other official OS ones.

That is a nice picture of Anakin and Palpatine. I wonder what they're talking about? ?[face_plain] Maybe it's like the AOTC scene where Palpatine just tries to make Anakin feel powerful.

12. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I just realized from a previous Insider picture that R2-D2 must also be aboard that Trade Federation Vessel. My guess is he's the one who helps Obi-Wan and Anakin get through all the security and onto the bridge.

13. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I reckon they are after Dooku.

They may have got beaten last time but Anakin & Obi-Wan have changed now, and I think they will be more focused (especially Anakin, he hasn't the worry of Padme like he did before).

Mind you it kinda sucks that they take Dooku on together, I would of wanted Anakin to do it himself.

By the way have you seen the look on Anakin's face (its not very easy to make out) but its like he is so focused with the Force he can really sense where Dooku is, whereas Obi-Wan is unsure of where to go.

EDIT:

That is a nice picture of Anakin and Palpatine. I wonder what they're talking about? Maybe it's like the AOTC scene where Palpatine just tries to make Anakin feel powerful.

Nah something tells me, their "friendship" has gone beyond ego boosting.....I think Palpatine is on a different charm offensive.

14. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Remember last issue when McCallum was asked if a character would be appearing naked and he replied by saying there would be a topless character. Any thoughts? My guess is it will be Anakin. In which case, all of my gals over at my shattered glass thread in the amphitheater will be very happy I'm sure. I'm hoping it will be Padme, or better yet, Genevieve O' Reilly (Mon Mothma)! :D

15. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    lol.....if only you had Hyperspace :p

Then you'd know...

16. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Indeed... that's an easy answer Typho ;)

17. Obi-Bob

Obi-Bob Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 1999
    Nah, Chewey will be the topless guy.

18. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    lol Obi-Bob!

Another thing to bring up. We know from Insider that there appears to be more wookies in this film than just Chewbacca. Does anyone have any ideas as to why there are all these wookies. I'm guessing perhaps we may see Chewbacca's family or see a battle between wookies and someone else. Hey, maybe Palpatine plans to subjugate Kashyyk so the wookies fight back?

19. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm assuming the Wookiees will have a very small cameo in EpisodeIII. Perhaps they are involved in one of the last battles of the Clone Wars? Afterall, we should get to see some of that Wookiee strength in action ;)

Another possibility is that we see the Wookiees become enslaved by the Empire. Heck, we could see Chewie escape from it.

Or it could be all of the above. ;)

20. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Heck, we could see Chewie escape from it.

It wouldn't make sense for him to escape from it according to the EU. But after all, when did Lucas ever pay attention to the EU? :D

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Wasn't Han supposed to rescue him, which is why Chewie owes him the life debt?

Anyway, why not have Chewie lose at that chess-type game and then have the Wookiee rip his opponent's arms off - then we'll know Han's not joking. ;)

22. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Han would be too young to rescue Chewie in EpIII

23. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yes, and if another OT character makes a cameo appearance in E3, some fans will have to cry.

:_|

Have the wookiees fight. Or have them work on construction of the first Death Star or something. ;)

24. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I think Stinrab is right... small cameo, probably in a battle of some sort. There's a whole Sydney basketball team playing them ;)

And if I'm not mistaken, the majority (if any) of Wookiee scenes haven't even been shot yet. They are scheduled for pick-ups, which tells me that they're not of the utmost importance to the overall story.

25. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    From the forum rules:

2) Anything said by Lucas, McCallum, or any other individual ranking high in the Lucasfilm hierarchy is not a spoiler.

5) Any information taken from the official site, including the Select pics, is not a spoiler.

Looking at #2 and #5, it seems that anything from LFL directly is NOT spoiler. Hence, Hyperspace is not a spoiler. Disallowing Hyperspace news is therefore an inconsistency in enforcing the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.