main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official *Star Wars Insider and Official Magazines* Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Obi-Ewan, I understand your point and where you're coming from, but here's the situation. In the 3NS, as a courtesy, we have always had a thread specifically for hyperspace discussion and official site discussion. I really had no say in the matter. stinrab instructed me that when I created this thread, there could be no hyperspace discussion involved. The main reason for this I beleive is that those that find Hyperspace too spoilerific may still find Insider not as spoilerific so it really was an executive decision by the mods to keep the discussions pertaining to the two official sources in seperate threads. I hope this helps clarify some of the ruling. Try sending stinrab or windy a private message and they can probably give you a better explanation than I can.

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Ok well if thats what Stinrab wants.

Hmmm well how about we change the HS thread so it encompasses all official material as well as HS stuff?
    So we discuss OS, Insider and HS details, it would certainly increase the discussion there which seems to be at zero because its used as an updating tool.

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm with you Terrious.... but I think that OS, Insider and HS stuff are ok in the HS threads. It's only in the OS threads that HS stuff isn't allowed. I find this all very confusing and so do others probably, that's why they don't get used that often.

I have brought this up with Stinrab a few times... he says we'll look at it after the Private trial run.

4. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Feel free to start a thread on that issue now, if you want.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hmmm...the only real spoilers in Hyperspace so far are from the Before the Helmet pics.

Perhaps any Hyperspace info EXCLUDING the BTH pics and captions should be free for discussion in any OS threads.

The stuff from BTH, particularly today's, (trust me) is info that most people here do not want to know.

6. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    There have been lots of spoilers on the OS and Hyperspace... going back to before filming. They haven't been what I'd call huge... just tantalizing, some more than others.

But with the webcam, set diaries, official chats, post production diaries, documentaries, Insider and BTH photos, that's a lot of information that's hard to keep track of.

7. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for so long. I'm at home for the holidays and on a 56k modem I hate getting on.

Anyways, I got my latest star wars insider and was amazed. Those photos are incredible. It looks as if the Jedi Starfighter has been adapted somewhat and looks closer to the ships from the original trilogy. Cool looking. But what was most interesting was that picture of a lone figure sitting at the end of "the generals quarters". I tried using a magnifying glass and was able to determine that it was not Count Dooku sitting in that chair. It looks like we got a new episode 3 character who seems to be a confederacy general of some sorts. If you read the republic holo net news section later on in the magazine, we learn that Asajj Ventress has placed bounties on several Jedi's and politicians heads. In that article, there is also mention of a confederacy leader merely referred to as the general. I have a good feeling what this character's last name is cause i heard it over on the 3SA several months ago before I went spoiler free. It appears the spoilers i doubted when i first heard them will turn out to be true after all. [face_plain] Why on earth did I ever look at any spoilers all those months ago. :( Looks like Harry Knowles and Aint it cool news has it right.

However, looks like we'll have a flooded generator room scene which should be fun to watch. :)

8. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Just the title of those picutres is too much spoilers for me. Seems as though hyperspace isnt' exactly spoiler free, or not as spoiler free as the insider and trailers and stuff. I think hyperspace stuff should be limited to one thread and have the magazine stuff kept in another, cuz i feel spoiled already.
    Unless of course I'm overreacting. I just don't want this movie spoiled.

9. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    the stuff i wrote in my last post was all based on insider info just in case there is some confusion. Also, I'd like to point out that our very own RebelScum77 got published in insider under the name spi77rit on the hyperspace update section of the magazine. She's on the trisha biggar chat. Well done! (except you didn't really had to do anything) :D

10. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    OS update:
    Cover of the new Insider is up here

Great new look for the Clonetroopers and its cool how its so much closer to the OT in terms of look.

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't think I like the eyepiece. I wonder if it is an attachment or standard issue for clones.

12. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I think it's an attachment.

The new design looks great. It definitely bridges the Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers.

13. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    I really like the new Clonetrooper helmet.

Perfectly bridges the two designs. Keeping the T shaped Visor but including the "mouthpiece" of the OT Stormtrooper helmet. Notice also how rounded at the top the helmet which is more like the Stormies one but still keeping the fin.

And as Kanathan said its definitely an attachment. Probably because of a certain atmosphere (of a new planet maybe) they have to use it.

14. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! It is awesome! It is no longer a clonetrooper in my opinion. It is an Episode 4 stormtrooper. Well done George! You're pulling it all together!

15. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I like how the top of the helemt is much more rounded, and it doesn't look like they are trying to look like shark heads

16. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Like the helmet (good PT-OT bridge).

Hate the visor thing.

I hope that eye-visor-binoculars thing is a one-time deal for one scene, and not something every trooper wears all the time.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Thanks for the nod Typho. I was finally able to get my issue today... see my question in print.. lol.

I agree with Adam... I like the helmet, but I do hope the visor thing is a special extra attachment or something. It does look a bit odd, but I'll keep an open mind.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what I found most interesting is that in Pablo's answers to SW Questions he said that we'd see what actually happens to Palpatine that makes him look so awful in the OT. Hmm... I'm going to have to ponder that for awhile.

18. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    As close as that is to the stormtrooper helmet, it leaves little room for doubt that stomtroopers are clones.

19. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    In terms of the thing that makes Palpatine so messed up looking in the OT...I wonder if the event that destroys Anakin's body is the same event that causes Palpatine's damage. Doubtful...but it certainly would bind them together in an interesting sort of way. Perhaps by saving Anakin, Palpatine suffers less serious injuries of some sort.

After all, Vader is pasty white, as is the Emperor. The Emperor appears to be bald, as is Vader. The wrinkling of the Emperor could be due to his extra 50 years of age over Anakin. The only thing this doesn't explain is his eyes.

Just a thought.

20. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    That raises the question of Darth Maul's eyes as well.

21. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Well, Darth Maul is a different creature altogether. Palpatine is a regular human being and his transformation needs an explaination. I'm willing to bet that it isn't an actual physical injury that causes the change, but more of a symptom of using the Dark Side. Say Sidious fights during Ep. III and pulls out all the nasty Dark Side stops. We see just how powerful he is with it but as a result he starts degrading (if you will) physically as he's reaching further in. Something like that rather than a "human" injury. You know, I have a feeling GL is going to surprise us with a little something here.

22. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Did anyone notice the webcam image on page 24? The one that has the sign that says "LYMIRN" on it? The scene being filmed in the background is very interesting. It is filmed against a greenscreen. There are several cloaked figures, and a strange platform in between some of them. To me the platform evokes the visual of Han Solo's frozen carbonite slab being whisked through Cloud City. Could the thing in this picture be something similar? Perhaps a stretcher of some sort to carry the critically wounded Anakin? Or perhaps a funeral procession for Padme or a dead Jedi? Maybe Mace Windu? There are wheels clearly visible on the bottom of it, so maybe it is intended to move, with the wheels coming out during editing.

Also...the sign says "a clue LYMIRN" has anyone tried to figure out what that means?

23. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Maybe it stands for something. I can't remember the word, you know what I mean...an abbreviation, yeah.

As for the new clonetrooper look, the visor's goofy but the grille modification is great! I also hope that the visor part is just for a few troopers rather than all, and I suspect that'll be the case to keep it more in line with the OT look. That will conclusively show how the PT Clone Troopers end up as the OT Storm Troopers.

24. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    LYMIRN is nothing but a crew member sending a message to his wife who was watching the webcam. Pablo stated this on starwars.com. And that is not a spoiler. :)

25. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    stormcloud I believe you are referring to a scene that, during the webcam days (oh so long ago), we all speculated that it was Padme's funeral procession. It was just a guess but it seemed to make the most sense, and the box does look a bit like a coffin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.