main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official *Star Wars Insider and Official Magazines* Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Can you post them here?

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    A lot of the artwork looks very neato. :D

The pictures of Padmé are also interesting. ;)

3. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Don't tease about Christopher Walken being the voice of Grievous -- this gets me too excited for words!

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    There is an interesting quote in the article about the artists of Episode III. Ian McCaig talks about how it was fun to design the character transitions between II and III for Anakin and Obi-Wan. The most interesting part is where he says "but Padme's final incarnation was one of the most emotional creative challenges I've ever had to face."

This is a very intriguing quote. What could he be talking about? Perhaps a burial costume for Padme's funeral? Something else?

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    FYI:
    I just got my new Star Wars Insider in the post & was noticing that in the Episode III update that TODAY, MAY 17th was the day that they supposedly shot the Wookie footage for EP3 with our favorite fuzzball, Chewbacca, played by actor Peter Mayhew. He was to be accompanied by seven Ausie basketball players who also donned Wookie costumes. Remarkably there were no scenes filmed with Wookies during principle photography, as the costumes were not ready. This is the last bit of shooting they will do until August when they pickups.

6. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    but Padme's final incarnation was one

Don't tell me its that "Predator" look? [face_devil]

7. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing Stormcloud: "final incarnation" sounds very ominous.

Jon

>> The most interesting part is where he says "but Padme's final incarnation was one of the most emotional creative challenges I've ever had to face."

>>This is a very intriguing quote. What could he be talking about? Perhaps a burial costume for Padme's funeral? Something else?

8. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I think for this movie to truly have weight and depth, Miss Padme is going to have to take one for the team. Perhaps that quote is a hint that she will.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Oh. A funeral. That's a possibility, I never really thought of it like that.

I thought it was a general comment on this time, Padme is pregnant and married to Anakin - and pregnant with Luke and Leia.

So it was emotional b/c it's the Skywalker twins in there, and a challenge because the outfits had to hide(?) her pregnancy from the Jedi.

But you're probably right.

10. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    All those who are posting in the tantalizing Insider 77 photos thread...did you get your issue in the mail, or buy it on the newsstand? I don't have mine yet, and I'm holding out on reading that thread to preserve the surprise of whatever is getting you all in an uproar.

I just want to be sure my Hyperspace/Insider subscription didn't get screwed up when I renewed.

11. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    You know what is goofy? I recieved Insider #76, but I hadn't recieved the two issues prior to that. I haven't been able to figure out what is going on. I was all but sure that my subscription had run out, and then I get another issue.

So...now I am waiting to see if I'll get this issue #77 (crosses fingers). If not, I'll just assume that my subscription had run out, and I may just sign up for hyperspace, which I've been thinking about for quite a while now.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    five years of windiness!

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I saw the pics through the use of other sources. My...friend...got his #77 early and I was able to see the pics.

I assume everyone will be getting their copies in the near future, or there will be many upset SW fans.

13. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    LOL...I can't beleive this thread managed to survive..... Anyways.....all the Episode 3 pics are now online at hyperspace...

14. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I just got my SECOND copy of #77 in the mail...

????

15. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    LOL.....I better not get a second copy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.