main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo The Official Star Wars Trivial Pursuit for FanForce!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    We are signed up and good to go. :D

2. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Oh thank goodness, for your sake Marold. :D

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Was that sarcasm? I don't think in the mornings. Course I rarely think at all. Okay I'll shut up now before I put my foot even further in my mouth.

4. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    No seriously!! I actually felt bad for you having to post so much, especially early in the morning. ;)

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's okay, I'm up at 4:45 and I'm wide awake all day till midnight. I'm used to it, but now I can finish that Gender Communications book for class.

6. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I'll be cheering you guys on!

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    *whispers* if you guys wanna help, I won't tell. ;)

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well guys, we came in fifth. I blame myself. I should have double checked on things, but there is always next time. So team are we still on? Or should we give others a chance?

Of course, we got all the hard questions right and the easy ones wrong. techinically they aren't wrong, they need to specify if they want the model numbers. sheesh, some people and rules.

9. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'll relinquish my slot to anyone else. Since I didn't even know what half the questions were talking about...
    I'm not an EU guy

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We'll miss you Spoo.

So who else wants in?

11. WhitelightX

WhitelightX Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    I'll give it a shot. I'm not huge into EU, but I know the basics. I've read the X-wing series, the Han Solo Trilogy, Darth Maul:Shadow Hunter, and the Approaching Stormm, as well as a bunch of others. Not saying I remember minute details, but I can for the most part get things right. If you need the help, I'm in. However, I do need to know how this thing works. if someone wants to drop me a line at MatteoPHX@hotmail.com, that would be great. Thanks.

12. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey, sign me up. The last time I played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, I won without giving anyone else a turn!

-Corrin

13. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Well, I won Trivial Pursuit at the last FanClub meeting, and I won Star Wars Jeopardy at the sci-fi weekend thing in February...but I didn't even know what these questions were asking me.

P.S. Hey Marold (I think) were you right about the question about teh circles on the Millenium Falcon?

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I now those are heating ducts, I want to know what book Rox has and how acurate those answers are. I think all of our answers were right, to a point.

But I'm in the for the next game if that's okay with everyone else.

15. WhitelightX

WhitelightX Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    The biggest problem is that EU is a sloppy mess and every author has their own take on details from the movie which they expound and adjust to fit their plots. Just look at all the different "factory-stock" specs exist for the a-wing. There are at least four different models according to different EU sources, all of which have drastically different capabilities. About the only thing they do agree on is that theyre fast. There are a few writers (Stackpole and Aliston to name a few) that at least check to make sure their stories match up, but for the most part as long as the boks good, the writer doesnt care if it makes a half dozen other sources obsolete.

PS - I love that we now find out everything we ever knew about Boba Fett (Jaster Mareel) is now worthless. Thanks Georgie... now I have to wait for a whole new series of books to figure this guy out.

16. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    yeah, that really bothers me too... I used to be the only person I know who knew his real name, now his real name is Boba Fett.
    Why did he let them write about Boba Fett if he was just gonna change it anyway? Or maybe he should have just gone with what everyone already knew.

And another thing, as far as I can tell, Jango Fett is the only connection to the Mandelorians in the whole movie... I thought the Clone Wars REVOLVED around the Mandelorians, that they were on a mission of galactic conquest.
    I had always likened the Mandelorians to Predator, now I guess they're just some unknown "mystery people".
    Geez George, if you were gonna keep something a secret, Boba Fett should have been it.

How exactly does a caring father/bounty hunter raise a child? "Son, I want you to be the best darn soulless killer you can be."

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well this really went off topic of the Trivia game.

I do enjoy the EU, but I can't stand Andersons writtings. Everytime they turn around there is another superweapon that they need to destroy. I think they've been there and done that how many times? Sheesh.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I guess the new team for next week is

Captain: Marold
    Corrin_Wyndryder
    Andakin

Unless someone else wants to join in. but that is the team I will be signing up with.

and we need a name quickly.

some people are so picky about their names. Go figure. :p

19. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey, It's just a little thing, but I get it all the time.

It's spelled Corrin Wyndryder

It's Corran Horn that as an 'a' in it. I'm not that character.

I just don't want to get disqualified for a typo. (It's happened before with another project!)

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well the Jello Knights are signed up once again. If you think you know the answer, please, don't hesitate to give me the answer in PM's. :D

21. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Good luck team!! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

22. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Whistle yoda's theme for us.

We'll need it.

23. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Sorry team, we only got 9 out of 10 this time. That's it Andakin, you're captain now. You were right on all of those other ones, you should be captain.

There's always 2 weeks from now people. I'm sure we'll get it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.