main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Official Superhero Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I am going to see Batman tonight at The Majestic. I got a poker tournament tonight runs till 11:30-11:45 giving me barley enough time to make it to the movie.

2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    So this was the best movie of the summer. In fact, it is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow...or today now....whatever.

DAMN THIS RULED!!!!!

3. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah I agree. I may in fact be the biggest doubter in this movie. It blew me away, simply the best Superhero movie ever. It has NO competition in that genre. They should not make another Batman movie, it would just detract from this one's greatness. As for this Summer's best movie, I will wait until after Clone Wars to make that assessment, That is the SW Fan in me talking...I do highly doubt it could top TDK but again that is the Star Wars fan in me. BTW I am seeing it in IMAX tonight, was it cool in that format?

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    IMAX made it all the more spectacular! Like the chase scene, utterly fantastic!

5. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I did enjoy the movie As well. Heath did a good job playing the joker but i still think Jack was the better of the jokers. They did a great job telling the story, was cool to see the Scarecrow in the begining. I also wonder if Two face is dead? I can understand if they say Harvey Dent has passed away as a symbol for Gotham but two face is alive and locked away someplace, for possible future use.

I agree this movie as of yet is the best for the summer will wait and see what is still to come before passing judgement. Hellboy 2 was very good as well.

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Disagree about Jack. He was good, Ledger was better.

Two-face is alive. Dent is dead, died after he took his first life in the bar.

Yeah, I think the point is Dent died, as the city doesn't know about what happened to him, or what he did, hence pinning it on Batman. That is how I understood it.

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I am a huge Jack fan, but ledger blew him out of the water.

8. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Well to be honest IMO "Why so serrious?" is not a better line than, "have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?" and Directors have the actors perform the way they want it, Remeber Jack in one who flew over a coo coos nest. If tim burton would had jack act crazy like that and more like a nut he would be better. But the whole licking his chops thing really did not make any since to me. I agree Heath did a good acting job but i think he really tried to over act it in some parts. Plus Jack was trying to Portray Cesar Romero. and Heath Ledger was portraying a Crazy nut case.

but then again it is all about the directors how they want you to act!

but nonetheless the true best Joker is Mark Hamil, He plays it well voice actinng is tuff and he has had more experience performing the Joker than anyone.

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
  10. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

opinion oh well its just a movie 8-}

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Every knows my opinion that Ledger is an overrated actor for his other roles. Honestly TDK will make alot of extra $$$ because his death. But the bottom line is he did so well I forgot who was playing the part of the Joker. When a actor makes you forget who he is in real life, then he has acheived something that doesn't happen very often. BTW IMO Micheal Keaton is still the best Batman. Bale and his voice need work....BTW someone at work told me that the prisoner who tossed that detonator out the window was supposed to be Bane (a symbol on his neck being the identifer) is that true?

BTW The IMAX scenes were truly awesome!!!

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    BTW TDK made an insane 66.8 million in one day...WOW!

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Wow that blows ROTS out of the water.

I'm not sure if that was bane or not i kinda felt that Zeus was bane. Zeus being the actor i call him that cause that is what he went by in the old WWF now the WWE

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well per IMDB he is just listed as Tattooed Prisoner

15. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I agree with all this. Although Keaton's Batman was great, his Bruce Wayne was awful.

16. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Thats a good point, because Bale is a better Bruce Wayne...well anyway TDK is awesome.

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    As for Jack, yeah, he was good. But he was essentially playing himself in clown make-up. We love it because "it's JN in clown make-up acting like a prick!" He was far more campy, but that was more of the "silver age" Joker being portrayed. I don't need dialog like "pale moonlight and enema's." I much prefer, "I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one!"
    Ledger makes the character psychologically scary, and yet also humorous. I found myself laughing sometimes and thinking, "wait, should I really be laughing at this?" TDK is a far more intellectual film, and I like that there is no established origin for Joker. Batman 89 could have been renamed "Joker 89" seeing as he was given the entire spotlight, even distorting the continuity of the comics to say HE was now the killer of Batman's parents. Yet, I could have sworn the film was called, "Batman."
    I liked Keaton, but much preferred Nolan's Batman. He is far more intimidating. Dropping Maroni off the balcony on his legs..dear Lord, now that is Batman! His Batman is far more interesting, that is mostly due to the script being far superior to any previous Batman film, actually giving Bruce Wayne the backstory and motivation to do and become the Dark Knight. Not just show up on the scene with a lousy flashback near the end of the film which ultimately gives more development to Joker. Not to mention Keaton's Wayne is dry as cardboard. You're yawning waiting for him to put on the cape and cowl. Also, the supporting cast of Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Cane, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhall, and of course Ledger, who give the best performance of his tragically short career. No, TDK is brilliant. Ebert says it best when he says:

?Batman? isn?t a comic book anymore. Christopher Nolan?s ?The Dark Knight? is a haunted film that leaps beyond its origins and becomes an engrossing tragedy. It creates characters we come to care about. That?s because of the performances, because of the direction, because of the writing, and because of the superlative technical quality of the entire production. This film, and to a lesser degree ?Iron Man,? redefine the possibilities of the ?comic-book movie.?

This is truly one of the best films ever made.

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    TDK made an impressive 158 million over the three day, knocking out a certain other hero:

[image=http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s306/kasey_kenobi/owned1.gif]

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah it sure made alot of money, my guess it will end in the top 5 of all time. Probably around #4 or 5. After seeing it again I decided it bothered my that Gotham's "White Knight" would put a gun to a 8 year olds head. But stress and what not could do that to a man. Just a little gripe, still a great film.

20. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ummmm, you do remember that he had become Two-face at that point right? The whole point of Batman taking the blame for everything Harvey had done in the end was so that Gotham would still have their white knight.
    Remember him killing 5 people beforehand? Not to mention, it was his wanting revenge on Gordan for what happened to Rachel. It was now his turn to "play the odds."
    Yeah, it was disturbing...but it was SUPPOSED to be disturbing.

21. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    As I said a minor gripe not a movie ruining experience by any means.

22. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    That's cool. I would also add though that having half of your face blown off might add to your stress levels a bit.

23. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    yeah probably. As far as top 5 movies 1 is Titanic 2 is Star Wars 3 is Shrek 2 4 is E.T. 5 is Phantom Menace. I think TDK will end up anywhere between 3 and 5. Just a thought.

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Wolverine News

Sounds very cool, although after TDK will any superhero movie seem that good? I'd hate to be Marvel and still have to release the new Punisher movie this year....

25. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I think "Wolverine" might just make up for the disaster that X3 was. Sounds great...and yes, every "superhero" film will be hard pressed to ever top TDK. But that's ok. Why not have our cake and eat it to?=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.