main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* Support thread for AU writers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lonewolf89, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    There really isn't a thread specifically for AU writers. So, this is for them. The people who keep our favorite characters and plots alive!

2. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Well- I'm going to take a stab at one, in RR fashion- here's the synopsis:

The basic idea is "Lost Tragedy"- what if Leia's ship had never been captured
    by Vader?
    Basically, a filmmaker from a different time and universe is playing games with
    the Force and past events to see if they could be more interesting. He fixes
    the engine and shields, and Leia's ship escapes to light speed.

Now, although Leia feels that she's been saved and spared from a long
    tragedy, it may mean the end of the Rebellion. Quite possibly, Alderaan
    wouldn't be blown up, the Death Star wouldn't be blown up, Owen and Beru
    would be alive and Luke would still be trapped on Tatooine...
    However, this filmmaker doesn't bring the Force into account and the Force
    might make it so that Luke and Han meet anyways...

Any takers, or anyone interested?

3. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    PeterTutham27 - The premise sounds interesting. I don't have the time to write, but I'll likely check it out. :)

So anybody else got any OT AUs in the works? I just love dark Luke AUs. :D

4. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    I have a dark Luke AU set about twenty-five years after a battle of Endor where one little thing went differently. This fic is something of an OC fest, as it's told mainly from the next generation's many points of view. However, one of it's main themes is how much a quarter-century serving the Dark Side has changed Luke -- and how some things have remained more or less the same. I've received a lot of wonderful compliments on this fic. It's called "The Circle" and the link's in my sig if anyone's interested. (plug plug :) )

I also have an AU OT fic called "Another Point of View" that's on hold at the moment. This one's a lot less complicated, as there's less back history to invent. Basically it shows what might have happened if Luke and Leia had both been raised by Owen and Beru on Tatooine, and although it mostly follows the ANH plotline, it's more about how the twins relate to and support each other than anything else. I'll be resuming work on this when Darth College stops holding me prisoner.

Can you tell I'm an AU junkie? :)

5. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I've got a million and half AU Lukes (OT, of course) going around...no interest...

OMG!!!! CUD!!!!!!! //runs to check CUD

can't believe I forgot all about it!!!!!!

6. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Lisse - I just started reading "The Circle" and I gotta ask... Are you a professional writer, or an aspiring one? 'Cause, stang you're awesome! Most certainly one of the very best I've found on the boards, and your fic is hands down better than the novelizations and EU on depth of plot, character development, and writing style. I've only finished the first page & it'll probably be forever before I'm caught up, but you got a new fan. :D

Go check out her fic, folks!!!!

7. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    I'll check out Circle as soon as I can...

Thanks for showing interest in my project... But I'll need a lot of help!

8. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    [face_blush] I'm an aspiring college grad. Most of my writing tends to be papers and other essays. I'm very glad you like the story, though.

BTW, do you mind if I borrow "stang"? I've been looking for appropriate curse words. :)

9. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    You're half my age and twice the writer I'll ever be, short of a miracle. :_| There's something horribly despressing about that. My only comfort is that writing is not my chosen profession, but you should definitely consider it. ;)

Feel free to use "stang" - it's not mine. I'm pretty sure it's from the EU, but I might have inadvertantly stolen it from someone's fanfic. :eek:

Can I use your "frag"? :D

10. Skywalker Ranch Security

Skywalker Ranch Security Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    VERY good idea. AU is what fan fiction is all about if you ask me...

My AU is called Machiavellian Jedi Council - A strange and terrible place where the Council has decided that young Anakin must be killed. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I need some ideas...

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4646086

Many thanks.

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  12. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I've one AU in mind. I'm hoping for it to be a co-write.

Dark Obi-Wan TPM AU

Basically, Obi-Wan kills Darth Maul and Qui-Gon survives being skewered. When Qui-Gon recovers, he keeps arguing for Anakin to be trained. Obi-Wan, in the meantime, hasn't been Knighted because the Council senses something dark in him - he's angry and jealous of Anakin. So Obi-Wan sorts of wants to prove that he's worthy, etc. in Qui-Gon's eyes, especially since he - from his point of view - isn't as good as the Chosen One. He works on tightening his shields and so the Council can't sense his jealousy and anger any more. Obi-Wan is Knighted, and Qui-Gon takes Anakin as his Padawan. After that, some things happen that cause Obi-Wan to turn to the dark side.

I have two or three endings in mind, but let's see what you think of it.

So, any takers?

= Clare =

13. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Come on, I KNOW there are more AU's out there than this!!

14. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Shameless plug of Lisse's behalf: The Circle is one of the best fics on the boards. It's awesome! Everyone read it!

Mine AU is Almost Family. What if Han lost the bet at the end of the Courtship of Princess Leia and she married someone else? It has disastrous consequences. The first part in on the Archive (with horrible ratings, even though people seemed to like it-- go figure). I'm working on the requested sequl, Retribution, and hope to submit it sometime in the next few weeks. It's here on the boards (but waaaaay dow there), but not revised or beta'd or anything.

Mcily

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm working on a An Anakin and Tahiri fic, and an original character one about bounty hunters called Dead or Alive. I've got the links to my fics in my profile.

16. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I just started an AU a few days ago. It's about the future of the SW galaxy had the Vong not invaded.

17. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    My first three stories (and only 3 [face_blush] ) are all a part of a sort of AU trilogy. I had Qui-Gon adopt a little girl, who grows up as a Jedi, but turns with Xanatos. She ends up training as a dark Jedi, and coming back to avenge Xanatos's death later.

Not too AU, but kind of. :) I've also got an ending where she stays and trains under Yoda, but I haven't written that yet.

I love AU stories!

JediClare: Your story idea kinda reminds me of a fic Red_Rose_Knight did called An Uncertain Path. Now there's an awesome AU! :D I loved that story. I highly recommend it. You should check it out. Oh, and if you ever need help with ideas or beta-ing when you get your story started, just PM me, I'll be more than happy to help out. :) I'm not sure about co-writing, though. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.