main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official SW-C3 Guest Of Honor List

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    *wires $10 to Sebulba*

Sign me up.

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    *hums "Viva Las Vegas" whilst counting money, dropping the occasional fatherly smile to my 3 year old son who thoughtfully forges all the Sebulba-X signatures*

3. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    DO THINK GEOGRE LUCAS THE MAN WILL MAKE IT?

4. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Well Mr. Maul, while I think everyone here would commit various illegal acts for the chance to meet The Flanneled One, I doubt he will make an in-person appearance. There are too many reasons to list, but let's limit it to 2: The incredible chaos it would cause as the entire convention tried to crush into one room to see him, and the simple fact that he will most likely be too busy finishing E3 to attend.

However, I would not rule out a live-via-satellite address or a recorded introduction.

And keep in mind that they are considering doing future celebrations after this one. Perhaps to increase attendance during non-movie years he will attend, but logic dictates that GL will not be there.

Unless, of course, we get the Jorg Sacul - Jedi Knight exclusive figure!

5. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    STILL,WOULDNT IT BE SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    [image=http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~masato/images/fj_swkb_cap.jpg]

7. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    It would be great If George Lucas came to CELEBRATION II, but I don't know that he will have the time.

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "It would be great If George Lucas came to CELEBRATION II, but I don't know that he will have the time."

[face_laugh] You either forgot an extra I or your forgot to add "machine" at the end of your sentance. :p :p

9. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Oops. [face_blush]

CELEBRATION III. Yes, CELEBRATION III.

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    DO THINK GEOGRE LUCAS THE MAN WILL MAKE IT?

Well, this is the last star wars movie, I would hope so. I don't know if it would be possible to meet him though.

11. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I think he'd be too busy. I mean it will be like a month before Episode III comes out. He'll be doing last minute stuff.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    At Jedi-Con this weekend Amy Allen talked about how much she is looking forward to C3, so I guess she will definetly be one of the guests.

13. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Don't expect GL to make an appearance. He will definitely be tweaking the film for the 3,000th time (probably to make sure that Jar Jar is showing his best side). Even if he did show up, can you imagine the onslaught of questions by wannabe film makers if he were to attend? They would be camping outside of his hotel room in the hopes that GL would give them a job working for Lucasfilm, their lucky break, or impart some kind of life changing wisdom in one sentence. If he were to be involved in one of the events, the 6 hour lines for Carrie Fisher's autograph from C2 would seem reasonable compared to the lines to see the great and powerful George Lucas.

I would however, expect many actors from both trilogies as well as artists & production people that won't be needed to finish the film.

14. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    they need to find a way to cut down the wait time for lines this year.

15. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Jan 14, 2004
    Wait time is relative to the person signing, and all in all C2 wasn't too bad. Was the Carrie Fisher line obscenely long? You bet, but consider who she is to SW fans, and how often she signs. I fully expected that line, and considering all that they did a pretty good job of keeping it moving. Same goes for the Billy Dee Williams line, and he was in with the rest of the signers, not off in his own room like Fisher!

Organization is the key. They need to move the auto area into a bigger part of the center to allow for neater, easier-to-recognize lines. That confined space was way too difficult to navigate, especially when the bigger names were all there at once. The lines for Baker, Mayhew, Prowse, Davis, and Bulloch started to get very long and twisted because of the small space allocated.

Hopefully, someone who works for GenCon was at C2 & recognized the problem. But, to be honest, I expect the length of the lines to be the same or worse, not because of poor orginization or chaos, but simply because I expect a higher attendance.

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd expect Jan Duursema to be there as well.

17. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I did not go to Celebration II, but plan on going this year.
    I wonder, what kind of line system did they have on Celebration II?

In the micro-scale conventions that I have been to, there has been a queue-number system where only ticketholders with numbers within a certain range are allowed in the line. When a percentage of the ticketholders within a range has entered the line, the next range is allowed to enter.
    This has allowed ticketholders to roam the convention area during the day and you would not have had to stand in line for more than 20 mins.

Edit: BTW. I have heard that they are planning on using a queue number system. :D

18. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Jan 14, 2004
    It is a hard question to answer, because you specfically ask what kind of "line system" was used at C2. The answer, really, is no system. Some lines were cordoned off, some were scattered down mutliple hallways. Basically, first-come, first served.

Just want to be sure I understand the queue number system, because I have not been to a con where they use such a system. Is is like boarding a plane? First everyone rows 1-10, then rows 1-20, then 1-30, etc? And where, exactly, do these numbers come from in a typical system? Sounds a bit dodgy to me, because you are talking (more than likely) at an attendance in the tens of thousands. I cannot see a number system working fairly at that volume.

19. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    talked to peter "chewie"at starfest Den. he said he is more then likely,was going to c3.

20. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Bib_Un-Fortuna: Yes, like boarding a plane. Each ticket was color-coded and numbered. One color per guest, but then there were only four guests.
    It was first come-first serve for tickets, but once you had one you could roam the convention freely.
    Example PA announcement: "Red tickets up to 400 can now enter the line to Dave Prowse".

21. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I didn't get Fisher's autograph but did hear the line was up to 6 hr wait at one point!
    All in all, I don't think the other lines were bad. I think the longest wait we had was for Prowse/Bulloch and that was maybe an hour or so. But it's not that bad. You're surround by other SW fans from around the world, it's a good time to make a few new friends :)
    My only line complaints were getting in to the con every day and events where you had to wait in line to get a ticket so you could go wait in line to go to the event.
    Autographs, no big deal I expect to wait for those.

22. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    that would be a problem,before you know it the weekends over,and all you did was stand in line.

23. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Jan 14, 2004
    DarthLars - That's what I figured. I'm not too sure that would work at a con of this size. There are so many events every hour that I want to be able to be flexible. I don't want to worry about their schedule - I want to do thing when I want to, not when I am allowed to do them. Plus, who wants to be sitting in an auditorium listening to Hayden talk and have him be interrupted by "Attention please - tickets seafoam green 12,300 through 13, 000, you may now enter the autograph area."

I understand your concern, and yes it is a shame that a vast majority of time is spent in lines, but that is the nature of the beast. I think the best thing that they can do is schedule all the big events 2-4 times during the weekend so that we can all attend. The way the events were scheduled at C2, many people were trying to get autos at the same time because there were no big events going on, then during a "big event time slot (because it seemed they scheduled them all at the same time) the auto area was quieter. Check out the "reserved seating" thread for some ideas on this as well.

As far as autos go, only Fisher was a problem. The other lines moved pretty quickly, and some of them had no lines at all so we just chatted with them for a few minutes. Billy Dee was the 2nd longest wait, but that was because they were patting us down to make sure no one wanted a Colt 45 can signed. Then the 5 guys I mentioned last post were all about even. The thing which will cut down on the lines is a larger autograph area.

24. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Instead of having one "big" celebrity they should have like 3 or 4. It will diverse the fans and each line won't be THAT long.

My celebrity wishlist coming soon.

25. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    I talked to Warwick Davis today, at a small convention in Malmö, Sweden. He said that he would go to Celebration III if he will be invited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.