main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official SW:TCG Support Poll

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Kleff_Rixxard, Feb 20, 2002.

?

The Official SW:TCG Support Poll

Poll closed May 21, 2002.
  1. I will support WotC's New SW:TCG

32 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. I will NOT support WotC's New SW:TCG

42 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. I have not (or will not) taken a side on this issue

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    All I said was that you didnt need the old cards to be competitive in a tournement. That is true. Also Wizards does not ban cards. That is DCI the people that run the tounements. They are affiliated with Wizards but not a part of it. And you know something? When you win a Magic tournement if the prize is a foil rare, you get it that day not six months later.

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    That's some pretty bad misinformation there, Kenix. The SWCCG tourny foils are sent to the director in plenty of time to be given out the same day as the tourny.

You're referring to the Ep1 foil incident: That occurred because they were on the same sheets as the Reflections 3 foils. And the R3 foil printing got delayed due to a mechanical error.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Look at the first SWCCG Luke. He's playing with a toy for GS<<

Actually, the first SW:CCG Luke to come out was the premiere one, which is still used heavily today. The one you refer to was a premium card from the Introductory 2-player Set, which was released later on (around or just before ANH's release if i recall correctly).

>>Still the fact is with Magic and Wizards other games you dont need the old cards.<<

Great for all those people who bought the old cards.

Decipher at least made the older cards more readily available to newer players through the reflections products.

You could literally buy just 1 box of a Reflections set, and you'd have a large enough card selection to create several different viable deck types- particularly Reflections 3, in which you were almost guarenteed to get at least one of the lightsaber combat objectives and a jedi/dark jedi.

4. Kleff_Rixxard

Kleff_Rixxard Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
    I sure hope Wizards DOES NOT do what they did with Magic, wherein as the game progresses, the older cards are worthless to gameplay, because the newer cards are so immensly powerful by comparison, that now, someone playing with a "Tempest"-themed deck would be blown out of the water by someone who has all the newer up to date cards.

In SW:CCG, however, cards like Surprise Assault and Sandwhirl are as offensive & defensivly effective than when they were first introduced.

5. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    WotC, Magic, and Star Wars TCG are terrible, just plain terrible. Long live Decipher and Star Wars CCG!!!!!!!!!!

6. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Decipher went to great lengths to make older cards stronger, while Magic just replaces with either stronger cards or reprints.

7. Kenix Kil

Feb 7, 2000
    Right. Wizards puts out reprints so that you dont have to go and buy an older set to get the card you need that no one wants to trade for.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Right. Wizards puts out reprints so that you dont have to go and buy an older set to get the card you need that no one wants to trade for.<<

How is that different from a reflections set? In both your getting new cards and old ones.

9. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    Actually if I remember correctly there are NO new cards in the base sets for magic...so therefore if you already have them from previous sets you need not buy the base set (base set meaning stuff like 7th edition)

10. Kenix Kil

Feb 7, 2000
    No new cards in the base set no so you get a few months without spending money on new cards. Plus you can use older cards as long as they are reprinted.

And with the comment about Reflections, you are paying five dollars to get older cards when you could get newer cards, with different art, for less money. I'm not saying Reflections was not a good idea, far from it, but I still think that the CCG went wrong in making it difficult for new players to get in the game.

11. Corran-Horn-Rogue9

Corran-Horn-Rogue9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    2 to 1 against with 2 abstaining come people show WOTC how yu really feel.

P.S. I am in the majority.

12. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
  13. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm slightly optimistic that the new game could be fun.

SWCCG will always hold a special place in my heart and I honestly can't see this game becoming as cool and in depth as SWCCG, but its the only game in town for new cards (I love the virtual set, but they won't be making a Count Dooku card in that set)

My hope is TCG becomes a fun game with simpler gameplay than SWCCG but does not become stagnate like Young Jedi did.

14. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    The numbers for will go up after it is released. As long as people take the time to vote in between playing the new game. :)

15. Darth_Shadow

Darth_Shadow Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm gonna give it a shot, so I voted to support it for now. If it sucks, I'll chuck it in with all the other games I've tried over the years. I will not, however, support the virtual cards. I think they leave alot to be desired. Last time I went to a tourament for SW:CCG, it reminded me of the end of Titanic...A bunch of people holding on to the rail of a sinking ship.
    It's kinda sad, I really liked the game and me & my friends will still play it occasionally.

16. Corran-Horn-Rogue9

Corran-Horn-Rogue9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    just to keep this on page one.

17. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    Since this thread got brought back up to the top, I was looking at it again, and I noticed this. Both quotes are from Kenix Kil.

>>>Right. Wizards puts out reprints so that you dont have to go and buy an older set to get the card you need that no one wants to trade for.

>>>No new cards in the base set no so you get a few months without spending money on new cards. Plus you can use older cards as long as they are reprinted.

Okay, care to explain how buying a reprint of an older set is any different than buying an older set? The two products are exactly the same.

18. Kenix Kil

Feb 7, 2000
    They dont reprint the entire set just the most used cards. I can tell from reading some of these posts that most people here have not played Magic before. In the using new cards as they are reprinted I am refering to the tournement system in Magic. You have different types of tournements with different sets of cards that are legal to use. One tournement only lets you use the latest set of three or four expansions to build a deck in a tournement. Others let you use almost any cards at all. It all depends on what tounement you want to play in.

19. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    "Okay, care to explain how buying a reprint of an older set is any different than buying an older set? The two products are exactly the same. "

It also serves as a great jumping on point for new players. So they don't have to go hunting down cards from 5 different sets which went OOP 3 years ago.

20. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Hmmmm.... numbers in support climbing up I see. Not bad considering this forum is visited mostly by SWCCG players.

21. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    where did you find any info on it?

22. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
  23. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    info on the wizards TCG?

24. VongLah

VongLah Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    SWTCG rocks!

25. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh. :)
    Go to TFN SWTCG Page. There is quite a bit there. WotC has not had the clearance to get their own site on the net yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.