main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Viscretus

Lady Viscretus Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Of course. *nods*

*tosses her cloak to the side and stands clad in a simple red and black light armour*
    *draws her two blades and leans into a ready stance, ready to ignite the twin 'sabers*

Whenever you're ready.

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Lady_Viscretus ((I completely forgot about that way to RP... [face_laugh]!))

*warily takes a battle stance, clearly looking the part of the Febrayasi in a brick red dress and short hood with faint gold edges*
    *brings her ignited blue lightsaber blade up to chest level, holding on tightly to prevent the light itself from trembling*

"...I'm ready!"

Lady_Viscretus likes this.
  3. Lady Viscretus

Sep 4, 2012
    ((RP however you'd like! I just prefer this way!))

Excellent. This will be fun!
    *grins and leaps forward, igniting her deep violet 'sabers at the same time*

4. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    ((Heh, no problem! :) My lightsaber suddenly feel a bit boring, though...purple, yellow, orange blades... XD I'm tempted to change the color up a bit...))

*Jumps up, briefly stunned by the violet lightsaber pair, but hurries into a defensive stance on the ground*
    "Heh-heh, fun? I'll focus on staying in one piece!"

Admiral Volshe, Lady_Viscretus

Lady_Viscretus likes this.
  5. Lady Viscretus

Sep 4, 2012
    *laughs and lunges behind Alisha, crossing her lightsabers into an x as she spins around to face her*

Padawan4687

6. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    *Resists the urge to spin around immediately, and brings her blade up behind her head to deflect the crossed blades*
    *Attempts to slide past the blow, and takes a swing to Viscretus's side while debating on igniting her heirloom saber and duel wield*

Lady_Viscretus Admiral Volshe

7. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I haven't given up, guys. Sorry :( I'm really busy with having to go home on Monday and my health hasn't been the greatest lately :(

Padawan4687 likes this.
  8. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Shira A'dola [:D]It's okay, I'm just glad you said something.

Shira A'dola likes this.
  9. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Darth Dreadwar stands upon the sands of the Korriban arena. They are crimson not only by virtue of the planet's reddish soil, but stained by the blood of countless Jedi and Sith that have fought and died here. "Are there any who dare stand against the might of Dreadwar of the New Sith Order, Dark Lord of the Sith?" he arrogantly shouts. Jedi, Sith, or Sage of Dwaarti, he does not care; Dreadwar is itching for a good fight.

Padawan4687 likes this.
  10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Robyn Shaire sat in the stands on the opposite side of the arena with a Holocron in her lap. She wanted nothing more than to get off world, this atmosphere was terrifying! The sooner my Master's ship arrives, the better! Everywhere around her was the faint stench of death... she could practically feel it in the soil.

Her eyes stayed firmly shut, until she suddenly sensed a darkened presence. The young Zeltron involuntarily shrank back against her seat when she realized the man who walked in was a Sith Lord. She'd had enough run-ins with the likes of them! Closing her eyes again, she took a deep breath to hide her Force Signature.

((Maybe I enjoy RP's a little too much... :p))

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  11. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    A scent carried on the wind. Stench of the sands, freshness, a doll to be played with, light accursed light EXTINGUISH IT... Is there sport to be had? Yes, yes? Sport? Yes, sport indeed, in merry very deed! A cold laugh, high and crisp, belching forth thrilling anticipation at the thought of imminent bloodshed, all pellucid hatred and no mirth. An act, of course, of madness and bloodthirst, for buried beneath the caked on layers of insanity and rage was something callous and calculating, that balanced in measure what personas to project in what circumstances... And the arena called for a persona very specific, and well crafted by virtue of constant use... Dreadwar, Nemesis, Venomis, Ku'ar Danar, Azgath N'Dul... I am all these, and many more. Whoever you are, I will devour, and you shall become another mask unto me. Your life serves me better than it serves you. The old, old man wrenched his thoughts from ruminating on his many identities, to those of his prey. Come not between the Sith Lord and his prey. Old lessons, taught to him before Palpatine was yet swaddled in his cradle, bubbled up. They always did. No matter how many lives one has led, there will always be echoes of the earliest, the passage of millennia not dimming their brilliance.

There was someone here. It-no,she-she stank of the light, accursed light... no, twilight Why twilight for she was attempting to conceal her presence Yes. Dreadwar stalked forward, his armoured form a silhouette against the sun, rendered crimson as it sank beneath the canyon walls of the Valley of the Dark Lords. I will have my sport. I will scrape her mind over the dead rock, give the sands their deserved sacrifice... Be revealed. "I know you are here. Be revealed!"

Padawan4687

Padawan4687 likes this.
  12. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Robyn let out a silent string of curses, before shrinking back further. He knows! I must have been too slow... She bit her lip, and continued hating her luck. I'm but an Apprentice, though. Surely he w-wouldn't waste his time on me, once I reveal myself, right...? Robyn doubted it would be true. Eyes had been on her through her childhood, for her "power", they always said... As hard as her Master tried, she couldn't be protected from the Sith forever... "He" had forged a bond with the child, cloaking himself with old light to keep her fooled. He had trained her only by night, but the signs were evident by morning... She shook slightly forcing her mind back to the present.

Robyn kept herself mostly hidden through the Force as she finally stood up, with her holocron in a pouch. "H-here I am..." she spoke softly, almost certain he'd never hear her from there. His silhouette was clearly visible against the redness of the sand, and Robyn blinked. His armor looks...familiar, but his aura definitely doesn't.

Darth Dreadwar

13. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    A whisper. From the corner of the misshapen area, there, behind the rocks? What the Force could not tell him, his eyes could. A young girl ...Even the wisest centenarian is young to me... yet with the look of soft, quiet assurance buried beneath... Fear? I smell fear... that spoke of power. Power, and fear. A fine mask to don, after he ripped that face and that soul off its current owner, he chuckled to himself. "Speak louder, child! Do not quiver before me, or your death shall last an aeon! Come, get out here, GET OUT FACEMEYOUTWILLTWISTINAGONY TWIST TWIST" The snap-hiss of a lightsaber, accompanied by an abrupt change in demeanor. "Yess... Child, do not fear. I am no one to fear. Death is the great respite." Soft, sibilant now, to accompany the slithering sound of his cloak bearing across soft sand as he paced evenly yet gently towards the girl. "I am your salvation through destruction." Halting, a sneer, as the lightsaber rose to point towards her heart. "Embrace me."

Padawan4687

14. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Who, what...is this man?! Robyn asked herself, taken aback by the abrupt change in tone. If she fell back, her skin could have probably blended in with the light red color of the dust around her. Heh, too late for any more attempts at camouflage, he'd already seen her. ...and now his weapon could see her. Robyn knew the telltale snap-hiss a mile away.

Robyn kept her eyes shut, she refused to look at him nor his blades. It's probably red, like that of any other Sith she'd had the honor of facing before... He was coming closer, priding himself to a Grim Reaper. "Death is a great respite," ha! Now, Robyn could hear his slow and deliberate footsteps as he approached, alongside the sound of something slithering slowly along the ground...a cape? She lifted a trembling hand to her wrist. "M-Master, can you hear me?" she whispered into the old comlink, "I've b-been spotted!"

"Spotted, by who? ...the guards?"

"No, a...a Sith Lord," Robyn gulped, hearing the slithering grow closer. "I'm in the arena, like you asked..."

"...Robyn, stay calm, okay?" her Master's voice kept deceptively calm over the line, "All you have to do is survive him, for a few minutes. We're coming to get you!" Robyn had no reply, because a saber angled itself to her heart from where he stood. Force, help me...

"I'm not running," she finally spoke, to the Dark Man that faced her instead of her Master, "I, I will never embrace you, Reaper!" She had faced down death more than enough times already. What would once more do?

Darth Dreadwar

15. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Reaper? Ah yes, he supposed his mask had portrayed that. Take care, lest in the throes of an act you become that which you feign to be. More old 'wisdom.' More voices. You cannot live for as long as Dreadwar and prowl worlds such as Korriban without gaining at least a few spectral... parasites. Thankfully he had learned to bind them, and sap their strength - although that side of him he dubbed Paranoia warned him that the spirits of Korriban long had a history of playing with their victims, what if they're playing one level higher than you, what if that is exactly what they want you to think - but he did not need the power of psychic necromancy to destroy this little one.

"Brave girl. Foolish girl. If you will not acknowledge my superiority by your own volition, I shall have to tear it from your throat before I gut you. Or perhaps I will settle for converting you to the dark side? Or merely leaving you here without all your limbs for a stray Tuk'ata to find?" Mocking laughter. "You see, I can do anything I want to you. Anything. Make you into anything I will, just as all Korriban answers my power. Because there are no limits to my power." Dreadwar casually gestured, then, and two large chunks of rock rose lazily into the air, behind the girl. "Because I answered an ancient riddle of the Sith, that mere Dark Jedi, all fire and rage incoherent, could never answer... What is deadlier than hate, but flows without limit?" The rocks shot forward, whistling through the air. Dreadwar found he did not care whether she was crushed under them like the insect she was, or not. When one has lived as long as he, one grows... bored. "Indifference."

Padawan4687

Padawan4687 likes this.
  16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Robyn instinctively reached for her throat, willing herself to stop trembling. "I, I won't...be another victim to you!"

"What is deadlier than hate, but flows without limit...?" Quite a riddle...What if her Jedi training really wasn't enough to survive him, even for the few minutes her Master asked for? The crew would be disappointed, for sure...but as long as she didn't give in to it. I...probably shouldn't risk it, if I use anything, he'll pounce on m- all thoughts flew out of her head at the sound of heavy cracking somewhere behind her. Rocks!

Robyn gasped, and allowed her muted aura blaze back to life as she shot in the air to avoid the projectiles. The man's indifference was obvious, but Robyn hoped to dent it as she gave the flying rocks a burst of extra speed. Would either one land a blow? She doubted as much, but it was a start.

Darth Dreadwar

17. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Clever girl. Using one's own power against the enemy. Reductionist, efficient... Annoying and undignified for the victim, who must ungainly leap out of the way of his own projectiles. Which he did so, his cloak falling around him as the rocks smashed into the back of the arena. No more time for games. With a roar, Dreadwar leaped again, propelled by the Force, towards Robyn, his spitting crimson lightsaber arcing down toward's Robyn's neck.

Padawan4687

18. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Robyn watched the rocks fly, but didn't expect them to just keep going! They finally smashed to a stop, on the opposite end of the arena. Don't get cocky, you know that was all of his strength. she reminded herself, as the Lord sank to the ground after dodging his own stones.

She was still falling when he landed, and had no way to evade when he came flying in again with her in his sights. Just a few minutes, just a few minutes! she desperately thought as she watched his ignited saber come closer. She whipped out her own saber hilt with seconds to spare, and watched her shimmering violet blade emerge to counter red. The force behind his blow sent Robyn back in mid-air, and she roughly landed back on solid ground.

"Is it too much to ask for a name?" she asked, standing back up amid the swirling dust. I could practically blend in, without my hair anyway... "Who are you?" As she spoke, she held her saber up and prepared a lunge.

Darth Dreadwar

19. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Dandelo *Sits beside Charn and watches match.*

20. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Dreadwar grinned as sparks flew. The first point of contact had been made. Violet, interesting... A colour favoured by Revan. Regal. Not so far from crimson. Dreadwar would turn that blade red, whether by seducing the girl to darkness, or if not, by infusing her very blood within the crystal of the weapon he was determined to retrieve from her corpse. Perhaps this one called for a different mask. "I have had many names, child, over the millennia. But you may address me as Darth Dreadwar, Dark Lord of the Sith. And who are you, girl?" Dreadwar stalked forward powerfully, sand shifting under the weight of a Sith Lord clad in ancient alchemically reinforced armour, hilt and blade twirling between loose fingers. "And who will you become? My servant or my victim?" He came to a halt two meters away from where Robyn stood.

On his left hand, the bloodlight gem of a golden gauntlet began to glow ominously, as he gathered power into his Sith amulet. Her response will determine the method of her doom. Watching eagerly, two powerful Force users, beyond convention of Sith and Jedi, waited with him. And further away still, buried beneath the soil of a faraway world, an old, old man... dreamed...

Padawan4687

Padawan4687 likes this.
  21. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Robyn fought to keep her breathing even amid the settling dust. The man seemed pretty interested in her lightsaber, what about it? The hilt was nothing particularly special, the blade maybe? Her Master definitely was impressed when her Padawan's chosen crystal had erupted with purple light, instead of the standard blue or green. Her friends seemed pretty shocked too!

"Darth... Dreadwar," she whispered the name, shaking her head. I'd say it fits, she thought, just looking at you is enough to fill me with dread! She backed away as he stalked ever closer, with her saber angled to the ground. "My name is Robyn Shaire, Lord Dreadwar...and I plan on being neither your slave, nor your victim!" The brief burst of bravado melted at the sight of the gauntlet across the Sith's arm. Gauntlets aren't supposed to glow. He must be charging it for something, but what?

Robyn continued to nervously back away, noticing more presences within the arena. Come to watch the slaughterfest? she bitterly thought, eyeing the blood-red gem as it continued to glow with energy. "What is that?" she thought aloud, "Dark Side magic?" As long as she kept her distance, she could jump whatever blast he intended to throw her way...or at least, attempt to deflect it.

Darth Dreadwar

((It's funny that you mentioned Darth Revan in that last post! :p))

22. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Dreadwar tasted bitterness in the Force. Bravado, the most common mask donned by the fearful. Fear and bitterness. Mine. But sense, too, a strategic mind guiding this neophyte Robyn Shaire backwards. Interesting.

"Slave? Never. It is the Jedi, and other Orders built on lies, that enslave. To be Sith is to know freedom and taste victory, the ancients would say, but I prefer to be more grounded when speaking of the Force." Dreadwar raised his hand, but not towards her, no. He had planned on unleashing the fearsome might of Force Destruction, but the narrow focus of that power meant Robyn's retreat had closed off that option. So instead he unleashed the amulet's power towards the canyon wall, bloodshine light shooting forth in a concentrated beam capable of atomising bones and even destroying spirits. And suffice it to say, rock as well.

"A question, young Shaire. Please, do me the honour of humouring my philosophical inclinations... Is the dark side more powerful than the light?" He knew this more reasoned approach would reveal the secret, of course, that his prior pretense of madness and bloodthirst were just that - pretense - but courting a potential ally, and stimulating his eternally bored mind with rational conversation, was more than worth it. But nor could he ignore the role he must play, now, of dreadful enemy...

He seized upon the boulders that exploded from the energy's impact crater with his mind, raising them in the air and directing them towards her with blasterbolt speed, while his right, clutching his lightsaber, pointed at her and unleashed a storm of electrical energy. Nothing too lethal, for a swift victory would be boring. This girl was interesting, she deserved better than a swift death.

Padawan4687

Padawan4687 likes this.
  23. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    She was already a good eight yards away from the Sith Lord, but Robyn still jumped at the sight of his gauntlet. Instead of aiming it at her, the beam raced through the air targeting the nearby wall. She watched with wide eyes as the entire section crumbled and fell apart from the blast, and she almost missed him saying her last name. "Which is more powerful...?" she softly repeated. The Light! Any other pure student of the Jedi would probably have that reply ready on their lips. She couldn't quite shout that out, though. She never felt more powerful, than while training with the false Jedi. She never forgot how much she had impressed her Master in those days, even in hindsight. Odd, the Lord that seemed to be raving mad a few moments ago, was now speaking so eloquently...? Was that a front?

"It's clear to me that the Dark Side has its power," she finally answered, slightly timid, "It has raw and destructive power, unseen by the Light. However, it has its drawbacks." she continued, with some pride in her voice, "Followers of Light have to learn restrain, before they fall prey to that power, and lose themselves in it!" Robyn suddenly stopped, detecting heavy movement. Blasterfire? But, there was no sound! She opened her eyes, realizing this was an attack from both sides. She couldn't simply jump to avoid the flying rocks without getting utterly fried by the oncoming lightning storm! Robyn stayed where she was, staring at the rocks as they grew bigger and bigger within her field of vision.

An idea was taking shape...Holding out both her hands, Robyn piled her own energy against the momentum of the projectiles. I know it's too late to stop it completely, but if I could just slow it down...! She took several steps back as the rock's speed continued to drop, and it crossed paths with the field of deadly lightning. A proud smile briefly appeared across Robyn's features as the lightning bounced against the new barrier into the ground.

@Darth Dreadwar

24. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Clever girl! the thought repeated itself. A weaker opponent, surviving if not thriving by using his own titanic power against him. She was not prideful, charging against him with cries of making him pay for the Jedi he had killed or some such as he had encountered before, but surprisingly rational for one who had never, he assumed, been specifically trained in the methods of rationality. She clutches at anything to survive.

"The Lords of the Sith learn restraint, young one. We do not deny our emotions as the Jedi do, but nor are we Dark Jedi thugs enslaved to them; we control them, use them as you have already seen me do in my... acting... All for greater power. And it is greater power, Shaire." Dreadwar gestured, and before him a Rancor shimmered into being. A Sith illusion, of course, but if young Robyn had not encountered such a concept before, the phantasmal beast would surely harm her as if it were real, if she did not fathom its true nature.

"Count Dooku was able to fight evenly with Master Yoda. The most powerful Jedi Grand Master, eight hundred years trained in his art... could not overcome one Sith Apprentice. Sith Lords, not more than two in number, have repeatedly crippled the entire Jedi Order. And another thing. Tell me why it is that Jedi fall to the dark side. Does a boy become a master criminal the moment he steals a loaf of bread? I think not. But a Jedi... let them slip, let them strike one innocent in a moment of passion... and they will begin slaughtering children within the hour. Sith Lords make elaborate plans to lure Jedi to strike once in hate, and then take them as apprentices upon the spot, in a way that defies all sense. Why is your kind so peculiarly... vulnerable?"

As he spoke, the Rancor staggered forward slowly, until it came into striking range. With a roar, the creature brought its vast clawed forelimb down towards Robyn.

Padawan4687

25. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    What is that?! Robyn stared up at the creature that seemed to materialize out of the air. He just...summoned it?! No, no that's impossible! It has to be fake, right? Robyn kept backing away as the hulking Rancor drew closer. It lifted a claw to the air, and Robyn quickly decided against finding out the hard way.

"We don't deny our emotions, we'd be as good as droids if we did!" Robyn called out as she ducked the flailing claws. She jumped back to her feet, and faced down the summoned beast. It swung again, and Robyn's raised blade sliced through claw, right down to what should have been bone. "The line we walk is a fragile one, as Jedi." Strangely, talking like this seemed to help her focus on the new fight. "It's often treated as unshakeable, so once a Jedi makes a mistake--" She jumped over a new set of claws, and swung her blade down on top of them with a yell. "--they lose faith in themselves! At their most vulnerable, you lie in waiting like vultures, to swoop down and tear at what remains of their resolve!"

Robyn glared up at the beast, and back to the Dark Lord that summoned it. "It must be so entertaining, watching us and waiting for a moment of weakness... It's sickening!"

Darth Dreadwar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.