main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The Ongree's eye stalks raise in irritation at the outside interference. But after a calm breath he regained his posture. He preserved his defensive stance, but switched to a two handed grip. Mando's could be tricky, he had read enough of their history to know they always had something up there sleeve. Both literally, and figuratively.

Though he was impressed at this Mandalorians restraint, in not charging in head first she had proven herself wiser than many. But he would not be the first to move. That was not his way. Instead he would watch, and learn. His patience was inexhaustible.

Tags: TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence and Sarge like this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    *I breathed deeply, watching ConservativeJedi321 before I started to step forward, moving to circle him. He was patient, but if if we kept being patient with one another this spar would go nowhere. When I moved behind him, I raised my blade and swung it down for an even strike, not to trick him; but to test him.*

ConservativeJedi321 and Sarge like this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Semajj saw it coming, and with a swift move he twirled his blade to intercept it, nocking hers safely to the side. He took a moment to reorient his stance to face his opponent. The movement was direct, and to the point. He would not waste any of his endurance on pointless flashy moves. Instead he drew the strike out, testing her in return. With a careful stride he feinted as if to drive his blade at her right, before turning to aim at it instead at her left shoulder. There was no strength behind the attack. The spar was still in its early stages, and it was not in his nature to expend any energy he would probably need later.

4. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Sarge, I'll have the strongest on the menu

The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I'm not from around here and I have no idea what's on tap. You order, I'll pay. Cheers! And thanks for the fight. I won't be forgetting that one anytime soon."

Master Vo'Un'Var

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent smiled before raising the blade up to counter, quickly noticing his feint. He was testing them too? Good. It showed he wasn't quick and hot headed. Silent held their blade up, locked with his before jumping back, letting their own blade slip away before holding it off to their side, watching ConservativeJedi321 with amusement.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  7. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Semajj smiled at the patience and skill of his opponent. "Impressive." He granted. "You certainly know what you are doing."

He slowly walked forward, holding his blade before him, ready to intercept any strikes, though avoiding launching forward into an attack himself. He held back, preserving his energy, and forcing Silent to make the next move. It was to the advantage of his chosen form to wait, let his opponent tire herself out and seek openings then. It would do him no good to overstretch himself. Though by closing the distance he limited her ability to delay her assault. Were she to back up she would be boxed in, and if she attacks in an attempt to move forward she would be playing into his hands as well.

Sarge and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    "I've had good teachers." I reply, tilting my head in aknowledgement. Silent watches him carefully, before ducking under his arm and blade suddenly; popping up behind them as the blade comes back down quickly.

9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    "As have I." he said turning to face his opponent, arms locked in defense. Committed to not fall into the trap of a blind attack. "They taught me many things. Above all patience."

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    "That's important." Silent nodded and swung the blade to the side with more force then before, removing one hand from their blade to distract ConservativeJedi321 with a punch.

11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Semajj jumped back, just out of range of the virosword, and far enough out of range of his opponents punch. As the blade began its recoil, maybe in preparation for another attack, or maybe just to return to its previous position, the Ongree launched forward with a strike towards her mid section.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent brought their own blade up to counter before jumping back themselves. Once they gained their footing, Silent swung their Viroblade back ConservativeJedi321 before pulling back at the last second to move around them, feinting.

13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Trusting his instincts Semajj did not fall for the feints, and drew his blade close to him preparing for an actual strike that would inevitably come. As his opponent circled him, as if he were some sort of prey, the Ongree followed her gaze, turning and never letting her out of his sight. Though he hardly had to, it would be a waste of energy were he to sit still, and be forced to block at an awkward angle were she to attack in any odd direction.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent laughed slightly before turning and leaping towards him with their blade raised high, bringing it down hard before raising their leg to kick ConservativeJedi321 in the stomach. They wanted to get them off balance enough to get the upperhand.

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Semajj saw how this spar was beginning to get serious, and as the Mando launched forward in another duel attack, the Ongree crouched down low, he held the blade in his right hand high, ready to block any attack from that vector. And as she raised her foot, ready to kick him, he moved his left hands under it, and yanked up hard intending to off balance her.

Sarge likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent yelped, twisting their foot and moving over ConservativeJedi321 as they punched him in the side of the face as an attempt to stun him before yanking themselves free; hitting the ground hard before jumping back up; breathing heavily and gripping their Viroblade tightly. They didn't give up easily.

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The somewhat off balanced punch hit the Ongree in the side of his large chin. And it hurt more than he expected, ouch, these madno's take these kind of spars more seriously than the Jedi do apparently. Still he maintained his grip until she toppled over. Then he leapt back, rotating his jaw in an attempt to regain feeling. At least it wasn't full force, as the Mando herself had not had the proper footing to maximize its strength.

He couldn't waste to much time though, the moment he noticed her beginning to leap back to her feet he struck his blade toward her again. It was unfortunate he had been unable to take immediate advantage of her collapse, but he still had some momentum, and he wasn't about to give it up.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent dodged away, awkward and off balance before flipping backwards on their hands. They charged forward suddenly, swinging left and then right before jabbing towards ConservativeJedi321 to see if they could bring up their Viroblade to disarm them.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Defense was core to Semajj, and far more natural than offense by the very nature of form III. He smoothly nocked her strike to the side to create an opening, before lunging an aim at her abdomen again, not too powerful as this was just a spar, but quick enough he hoped he might be able tap her out.

TheSilentInfluence

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent dodged again, muscles straining. If only they could find a good enough opening to strike. Or make things even? Silent moved quickly, twisting themselves out of the way of ConservativeJedi321 's Vibroblade before they could strike them and lifting their own, placing it inches away from their stomach. If Silent couldn't win, a draw would make things better.

21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The offensive strike was beginning to wear on Semajj, as his opponent narrowly avoided it, he tried to twist the blade to follow her escape. Only to bear witness to her placing her own blade inches from her stomach. He knew what she was doing, and if this were a real duel he probably would avoid it. Force himself to withdraw from his attack, and ultimately extend the duel in hope of coming out victorious.

But this wasn't for real. Just a friendly spar, on a diplomatic mission in an attempt to earn some new allies. And the Ongree was not so arrogant as to demand absolute victory in such a circumstance. Yes perhaps a draw would be the best case for all.

And with that he followed through, thrusting down in an even parallel with his enemy's blade, aiming home for the draw.

22. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    You there, human. Bring any more companions with you? If not, don't drink too heavily, it appears you have another duel scheduled today.Sarge

Shuk'la approached the edges of the Battle Circle, taking in what seemed to be the last moments of Silent's duel with the Ongree jetii. She had fought well, better than he remembered her skills. TheSilentInfluence

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Silent breathed heavily, and a laugh escaped their lips when ConservativeJedi321 moved his Vibroblade in to the draw. This had been fun, challenging. And Silent was sure they had learned from this fight.

"Gar akaanir pirusti par a jetiise." Silent nodded with a grin. "Your not horrible for a Jetii, maybe a little more challenging then I thought."

24. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: *jaw drops*

We HAVE one of these?!?!?!?! =P~ This is AWESOME!!!

*has to remind herself she has little time for yet another dueling thread*

Kudos to all of you!!!

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    The Ongree smiled, choosing to take the words as the compliment they were probably intended to be. "Thank you, you are very effective in combat as well." He offered a slight bow to her, before moving to the sidelines and taking a drink from a near by water fountain. Then he took a seat next to his folded robes, turning to face his fellow Jedi he declared. "I believe it is your turn @Sarge".

TheSilentInfluence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.