main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Shuk'la Ruus
    Arena

Feeling himself draining, he quickly tilted up the front of his buy'ce and took out a beast-jerky stick. Shoving it into his mouth he chewed hard and fast. Mmmm...he hummed to himself as he re-secured his dome piece.

"I hope you two are learning about the others strategies." the Cabur chimed in on the comms. Shuk'la wanted to answer but didn't. Stealth was his current weapon.

Remaining quiet with rifle at the ready, Shuk'la waited within the smoke from behind a pile of broken balcony-stone as cover and watched for red-clad to make the first move. Hearing the clanking of several thermal detonators, he braced for impact. Luckily, Kyr'am overshot his target by throwing the detonators "past the curtain of smoke" he himself was also in. Hmph.

Now spraying and praying that he would hit something, the human gave away his position in the smoke by blind firing in all directions. Tracing the blaster bolts point of origin, Shuk'la broke cover and began to charge Galaar. Two stray bolts grazed his armor as they flew near his shoulder. He steeled himself. He could feel the sweat pooling down his back as he got closer. Blaster fire continued to streak in random directions at a faster pace.

Shuk'la slung his rifle back behind his shoulder and tightened the sling that held it. He was committed. Now, only meters away from his opponent, he was close enough to finally see the Mando in the smoke. Drawing his Xiphos from it's fixed position he slashed a hard right aimed at the human's neck.

TAG: TheSilentInfluence Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
  4. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Shuk'la Ruus, Kyr'am Galaar (Combo Post)
    Arena

Shuk'las adrenal glands were working double time, stimulating his reflexes and setting off euphoric chemicals in his brain. His heart pounded within him, pumping the life-blood freely through his veins. These were the moments Mandalorians lived for. Just then, ripping into his ears and throwing off his physical cadence was the command of the Protector.

"ENOUGH!" Her voice reverberated through their helmet comms.

Kyr'am turned to see Shuk'la who looked frozen, having just halted his attack mid-swing. Shuk'la knew her voice, he knew the gev directive. This was an exercise. His breathing was heavy from the long sprint, the armor plates of his chest rising and falling.

Kyr'am lowered his rifle as the two faced eachother in a static stance, an arm's length between them.

"*Ashnar.. muun akaanir". Shuk'la said, taking off his helmet as the smoke began to dissipate into the air.
    "Good duel to you too, Vod." The two nodded in respect to eachother.

"I'm impressed Corporal, you've come a long way since you started with us."
    "I've been taught well."
    "That you have." Shuk'la replied as he reached out and slapped the shoulder of his vod. "Come, first rounds' on me today. You've earned it."

TAG: TheSilentInfluence Master Vo'Un'Var
    *Basic Translation: "Somebody has fought well today." (loose interpretation)

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well done both of you. I want you to report back in the briding room and I'll award you your points. You both fought well today Vode. I'm proud of you.

Tag: The Vanguard Master Vo'Un'Var

6. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Arena

She was quick to think, but she was also emotional. A sea of turmoil that bled outward in waves.​

She shifted her darksaber to her other hand and quickly reacted to his punch, intending to catch his hand. He focused the Force on his outstretched fist and pushed, intending to not only hit her with the power but shove her backward, away from him.​

She brought her darksaber towards his outstretched arm, doubling down on her maneuver. 'Smart', he thought.​

In case his push didn't catch her enough to force her downward swing wide, he smoothly took his ligtsaber into his left hand and activated the blade to block the darksaber.​

TAG: Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  7. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis hadn't intended a Force Push to accompany the push, but there it was. Unable to fully absorb the power between the Lord's push, Reiis stumbled backwards, the end of her darksaber clipping his own saber enough to stop her attack on his forearm.

Cursing as she went down, Reiis rebounded just as quickly, using the Force to push herself back to her feet. She was beginning to understand that multi-pronged attack were most effective in pretty much any case...might as well get used to it.

Launching out at him, Reiis swung her saber in a wide, sideways arc, Force Lightning shooting out of her left hand in a closing arc. The point was to keep him from dodging the attack. It would be her first attempt at such a thing.

TAGs: @E. L.Knight

8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    OOC: I'm here, finally. >___< Ready to duel!

9. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Arena

Hades smiled as his attack was a success and shoved her away. ​

She was better than he expected, but not nearly good enough. She recovered from the push away quickly and moved into another attack, swinging at him while also firing lightning from her left hand.​

Hades held his hand up and caught the lightning, absorbing it. He twisted his left hand catching her darksaber on the blade of his lightsaber, as he did, he twirled around her and grabbed his other lightsaber, activating hit and shoving the blade toward the space between her shoulder blades.​

10. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Keskor Vunn
    Dueling Arena

Keskor watched his fellow Padawan enter the Arena
    "Good! We are ready! May the Force Be with you, My Friend!"
    Keskor ignited the blue lightsaber, Then he leaped, Ready to strike.
    TAGS- BookExogorth ConservativeJedi321 Jar-Jar Binks

11. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    "Friends?" Edo said as she saluted her opponent. "I have only met you in passing, Keskorr. Care to tell me about yourself?"
    Whilst she was speaking she stabbed with the training saber at his left hip, thinking that even a glancing wound might cause him to lose his balance.
    Tags: Master Vo'Un'Var, Jar-Jar Binks, ConservativeJedi321
    [/FONT]

12. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Keskor Vunn
    Dueling Arena

"Woops!"
    Keskor dodged the blow quickly
    "Me? Well, It is a Long Story, and Gosh, Trying to distract me?"
    Keskor sent a flurry of blows at Edo, He then sent a Force Push to try and knock Edo off balance
    Tags- BookExogorth ConservativeJedi321 Jar-Jar Binks

13. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Smiling as she twisted to evade the blows he sent her way, Edo responded, "Why would you think that? If it makes you comfortable, I'll just ask a simple one."
    As she parried his final blow she sensed the force push as he executed it, and absorbed it with Tutaminis. "Why are you a Guardian of Light?"
    While she was still speaking, she lightly probed his mind with the force, trying to apprehend where his next blow would be, while lazily swinging at his feet.
    Tags: Master Vo'Un'Var Jar-Jar Binks ConservativeJedi321

14. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Keskor Vunn
    Dueling Arena

"Well look at you! Dodging all my Blows!"
    Keskor sent another flurry of blows.
    "I'm a Guardian Of Light for my own reasons, And please don't use mind probe on me!"
    Keskor used the force to enhance his speed, Sending about 50 swings at Edo in about 3 seconds
    "Why did you join us, Edo?"
    Tags- ConservativeJedi321 Jar-Jar Binks BookExogorth

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  15. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Edo's face sharpened. "Don't tell then. Plus, I thought that this was a training match? Would it help if I struck in all the ways you thought I would?"
    Having seen his attacks, she simply parried his first one near her stomach, and then jumped away while Keskorr was swinging so much.
    "Why did you join us, Edo?"
    "Simply put, I listened to the force. Something I generally try to do," she said with a sly grin. Getting an idea, she jumped onto a lower branch of the tree she had been studying under earlier.
    "Expect the unexpected, Keskorr!"
    Tags: Master Vo'Un'Var, Jar-Jar Binks, ConservativeJedi321
    OOC: Could you actually say where Keskorr is swinging? It would make it easier to visualize/imagine.

16. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    **While waiting for someone to challenge her, Master Tunaqua watches the duels in amazement and enthusiasm**

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Hades caught her blade with the tip of his own, providing enough force to stop it as he spun around. She heard his other saber ignite and saw through the Force that it was aimed at her back.

Reiis could only duck, spinning her saber over her head as something of a shield in the hopes she could protect herself until she could escape.

In what she hoped wouldn't be a futile attempt at evading his attacks, Reiis leaped to the left in a rolling dive

TAGs: E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight and MrMojoRisin like this.
  18. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    IC-Keskor Vunn
    Dueling Arena

"Just a practice, Perhaps, But isn't it best to Always Be prepared?Think of this as a scenario,"
    Keskor swung at Edo's neck, and then chest, Then when she saw her jump onto the tree he lept onto a higher branch.
    "It's over, I have the high ground:p"
    Tags- BookExogorth ConservativeJedi321 Jar-Jar Binks
    OOC- Sorry for wait, And I could not help the Obi-Wan qoute

19. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Grinning at Keskorr's force jump, she shouted, "Copycat!"
    Deciding to use her position to her advantage, she took a couple quick stabs at his feet only to jump to behind the tree trunk, ready to defend herself when he decided to strike again.
    She asked, "Keskorr though, what would you be if you couldn't sense the force?"
    Tag: Master Vo'Un'Var Jar-Jar Binks ConservativeJedi321

20. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Keskor Vunn
    The Tree

Keskor dodged the strikes at his feet, He then lept down to where Edo was hiding.
    "Ah, I'll have to think about that question, Edo"
    Keskor spun his Lightsaber in his hand, Then making two jabs at Edo's Brachial Arteries.
    "Less talk, Edo, More strikes!"

21. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    "Good," she replied, "I enjoy it when people understand themselves, it lets them grow, and become better people."
    Turning slightly to the side as she deftly put up a moving vertical block, she answered, "Surely you know that words are an attack; remember the old saying, 'Violence never drenched or enflamed anyone's anger'. You pattern your form after Dooku, but you forget his Dun Moch."
    In the midst of her words, she tried to block the second stab but it caught her elbow, giving her a slight burn.
    "Ouch!" As the initial sting wore off, she quickly used Curato Salvo to ease the pain, so it would not distract from the task at hand. She quickly centered herself again, so she could be ready for whatever Keskorr might throw at her.
    Tags: Master Vo'Un'Var Jar-Jar Binks ConservativeJedi321

22. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014

I challenge you, my former Master. :bluesaber:

23. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Keskor Vunn
    The Tree

Keskor chuckled when his second jab hit Edo, He then swung twice at her chest, Then attempted another Force Push to knock her off balance.
    He then lept up onto a branch to Force Push other Branches below him onto Edo.
    "Heads Up!"

24. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Arena

He was disappointed to see her duck and avoid his blade aimed for her back. She then executed a rolling dive to the left taking her out of his reach. That would not do, not at all. It was time he started setting the pace.​

He gathered the Force around him and, using it to augment hs movements, moved faster than a normal humanoid should be able to. He quickly then used his momentum to dive over the top of his opponent, thrusting the saber blade in his right hand straight down towards her. He kept the blade in his left hand as a defense for any attacks she may make.​

He hoped to then rotate forward in a spin and land standing on the other side of her.​

25. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Apparently she wasn't fast enough.

Lord Hades's saber pierced her back for an instant before she swung a metal fist in rage to bat the weapon away as he landed on her other side. He was proving to be much more comfortable with acrobatics then she was, and it was also ticking her off. Internally, she cursed herself for starting a duel with a Sith Lord, but she knew how much she'd learn if she didn't die by his blade. Reiis leaped away from Hades, swinging her Darksaber to a defensive position in front of her. Perhaps she ought to concentrate on defenses instead of attacks.

Anyone who knew her could tell you that wasn't going to happen.

Reiis bolted towards the Sith, saber spinning madly, her anger focusing the attack aimed at his neck.

TAGs: E. L.Knight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.