main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Edo deflected the swings, using the fluidity of one block to fade into another. Then, seeing his use of the force, tried to dodge the larger branches. She let the smaller ones hit her, simply releasing any pain to the force and not letting it distract her.
    Edo sighed. There wasn't going to be an easy end to this exercise, so she threw her saber away and said, "I have surrendered, Keskorr, and though I am no sith, I am dangerous to some.
    "Do you accept my surrender and turn me in, perhaps never to be sentenced with the way the judiciary is on this planet, or do you take my life and end the threat I pose to the community, while ending any chance I had for redemption?"
    Edo smiled at Keskorr, her expression clearly a mixture of cheerfulness and curiosity.
    Tag: Master Vo'Un'Var Jar-Jar Binks ConservativeJedi321
    OoC: This happened when I thought of something Edo would probably do to end a practice duel.

2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
  3. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    INTERNET PROBLEMS

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Watching as Keskorr walked away, she extinguished her lightsaber and sat again under the tree, pulling out RE-D1 and giving him another ancient Jedi tome. She hoped to learn more about the ancient jedi Fae Coven, who was once a Jedi grand master. Edo thought that maybe another day, Keskorr would answer her questions... Or another day, she would have another book about Fae Coven... Or learn another force skill. The possibilities for days yet to come are endless.
    Tag: Master Vo'Un'Var
    OoC: Fun duel!

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Edit
    Whoops, guess I'm in the same boat.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  6. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Arena

Hades leaned back and away as she swung her arm at him. As he did, he lowered his saber so her arm would slide over it harmlessly. ​

He could feel her anger. It was delicious. He drew on the darkside and brought up his sabers in a V to catch her darksaber as she charged at him. He then kicked with his right leg towards her knee.​

TAG: Anakin.Skywalker

7. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis found her attack to be futile, and although she was becoming accustomed to this, it wasn't any less frustrating. She snarled as her blade locked with his, her anger rattling inside of her through the Force. It was almost reaching a bursting point, and that was something Reiis would have to be careful with. Anger was one thing...uncontrolled rage was another. She knew it well, and it had never done her any good.

But it seemed Lord Hades would help out with that, though it would never cross her mind that such was his intention.

What should have been a very painful kick sailed towards her knee, but instead of pain or the dull thump of cloth and skin against the same, a resounding metallic clang reverberated through the air. Her anger melted like ice to a lightsaber, a burst of rough, metallic laughter erupting involuntarily. This hurt her respirator, which wasn't designed for such things -- the mechanism forced breath into her lungs as what was left of them was forcing it out, causing her to choke on her own breath. A coughing fit joined the fit of laughter, causing her eyes to water and making it very hard to see.

She's have to completely rely on the Force if he made another move.

TAG: E. L.Knight

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  8. DarkHorseXIII

DarkHorseXIII Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    IC: Master Von Sin’ O Card

Enters the thread concern that there is no Jedi Temple in these parts, wondering where they have gone and to what fate they are owed.

It has been too long. Kneels to feel the floors of the arena.

TAG: ANYONE

9. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Arena

Hades had heard that Invadator had had a lot of her body replaced with cybernetic limbs, and he had forgotten to consider that included her her legs. His kick hit and flesh met metal.

He withdrew from her immediately and taking several steps back put his lightsabers back on his belt. ​
    So, if she was mostly metal, then his next move, as to see just how much she could handle.​

He drew on the darkness, and with it he summoned a Lesser Force Storm and directed it at Reiss.​

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis couldn't see that Lord Hades had stepped back, but she sensed his distance and felt the Darkness grow around him. Her eyes opened just as the storm hit and threw her to the ground...

She had never experienced a Lesser Force Storm, and it was truly something to behold. The Force Lightning that permeated the storm assaulted her electrical system, causing her limbs to twitch violently and her respirator gasp irregularly for air. The Darkness of the storm surrounded her, too, blinding her and torturing the parts of her that were still living. Her effort to absorb its power with Tutaminis worked to a degree, but the Storm still tore at her, unrelenting.

With as much strength and willpower she could muster, Reiis tried to force her limbs into a fetal position, hoping to control her them and her mind enough to deflect the attack. It was proving futile, as Lord Hades was...well...a Lord, and Reiis had not even finished her apprenticeship. If she couldn't manage to block or escape it, it would have to be the Sith Lord's mercy that would stop the attack if he didn't cripple or kill her.

OOC: lol. I tried and tried, but I could not find a way to get Reiis out realistically, lol! Serves her right for dueling a Lord, lol

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  11. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Darth Hades
    Arena

Hades left the storm rage on as he walked closer. He directed the lightning right to her and focused, for a short time, on hitting just her. He did not know how long a time passed, immersed as he was in the darkness, but he left the power dissipate. ​

As it cleared he looked down at her.

"You have much to learn. When you have, then return and we will fight again."

As he left, he thought about the encounter and wondered if she would ever find a teacher willing to train her. She'd find that she needed to change many things if she expected to find a master whom found her worthy.​

OOC: Good fight, Invadator. Keep learning.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis continue to spasm violently under the effect of the Lesser Force Storm, unable to do anything but hope the zabrack Lord stopped the attack. It seemed to go on forever, the pain wracking her body, her limbs thrashing and unable to control them....

It stopped, finally. And for a moment, her respirator did the same -- suffocation setting in quickly as well as even more pain. With the blast gone, she tried to curl up against the pain, but her limbs twitched in protest. She waited for it...any minute now....

Snnaappp...whirrrrrr.

Her respirator kicked back on, the monotonous hisss...whooossshhh coming back as she lay there. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Lord Hades standing over her, and she turned her head to look at him more directly. Reiis, helpless at this point, readied herself as much as she could in preparation for the inevitable death she faced...

"You have much to learn. When you have, then return and we will fight again."

Luck...or the Force..

Reiis didn't care. Carefully pushing herself into a sitting position, she watched as the Sith Lord made his exit. "Thank you," she said. He may or may not have heard, but he might sense it.

OOC: Thank you, I will. *bows* It was an honor.

E. L.Knight and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  13. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Anakin.Skywalker

Darth Canes

*Watches from the shadows, grinning in wry amusement.*
    Darth Canes steps out of the shadows, silently creeping up behind Reiis, then stopping to gaze down at the broken Sith. It would be foolish, he knew, to assume that she was defeated; his muscles hummed with tension, poised to move with alacrity should the need arise. His hand never left the lightsaber hidden in his sleeve as he drew ever closer.

He grinned. "Don't stop bowing on my account," he chuckled in a raspy, low voice. "It's a waste of good groveling."

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  14. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis hadn't been there long when a presence made itself known behind her. She tensed, hand gripping her Darksaber as the figure approached.

"Don't stop bowing on my account. It's a waste of good groveling."

Springing up and around in a flash, Reiis send a Mind Shard to her opponent, thrusting her Darksaber towards his midsection as she sough to hold him in place with the Force. It was something of a knee-jerk reaction at this point...albeit a deadly one. She'd have to be careful with that.

"You're going to be the one groveling if you're not careful...groveling for your life," she hissed through the mask.

TAG: twowolves

15. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Darth Canes

The spidery feeling of her Mind Shard bore down on him, and he held his head as the agony continued to increase. He ignited his lightsaber, the blade glowing ultraviolet as it hissed and hummed to life, and he absently flicked aside her blade with a parry as he allowed his anger to build, fueling his strength. The Mind Shard unraveled and burned away like mist.

He grinned. "You'll have to do better than that if you expect to live long enough to continue offering me obeisance," he laughed mockingly, launching into a series of blindingly-fast thrusts, counters and slashes, his blade swinging seemingly wildly, yet striking with deadly accurate precision. Once, twice, thrice, he tried for decapitation, laughing when it was blocked by a blade moving just as fast. Several times, their blocks forced them against each other, and he was quick to poke her sharply in the ribs with his fingers, throwing off her rhythm.

For several long moments, it was just them, and nothing else. The only sound was that of their ragged breathing as they dueled, and the crackle-hiss of the blades as they crashed together with deadly force and accuracy. One slip, he knew, and it would spell death for him, or worse.

He wasn't about to lose, though, especially not to Reiis; he had much to prove to her, in fact, and it was best to begin doing so.

For a moment, they jumped back from each other, catching their breath, studying the other for the slightest weakness. He frowned; aside from her respirator, Reiis' defenses seemed impenetrable. Of course, he'd learned a few tricks along the way. He grinned at her. "Reiis, you're wheezing. Are you out of breath from all that exercise?" he taunted. "Oh, wait, you can't really be out of breath, can you?" Laughing, he tapped her blade with his own, attempting to distract her while he Force-threw a conveniently-located crate at her from behind...

Anakin.Skywalker

16. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"What an ass," Reiis mumbled under her breath. Wherever this "Sith" came from, he was apparently hell-bent on killing her...for whatever reason. It's not like Reiis was a nice person who didn't have any enemies...but who was this? Apparently someone with enough training to deflect a Mind Shard, that's who.

She kept in time, blocking the countless strikes and multiple decapitation attempts. Reiis would be damned if anyone took her head for a trophy. She'd rather be blown to bits. He managed to break her concentration briefly by poking in her in the ribs. "What the HELL!" she yelled at him, furious, taking a swipe of her own at his head.

Now he went to taunting. Of course. She'd been taunted plenty of times before, and had done a fair amount of taunting herself, but there was something about this particular Darksider that irked her something fierce. Growling, she refused to answer his taunts but instead countered with a question of her own, her voice mechanical and unmistakably annoyed.

"Who the kriffing hell are you and what in blasted stars do you want?"

But she didn't have time to wait for a response. As he tapped the blade of her saber, the Force alerted her to an object sailing towards her from behind. Not even bothering to look back, Reiis dove to the side to avoid the crate, rolling back up to take another swipe at her opponent's head. With luck and the Force, she'd soon be keeping his saber for a trophy.

twowolves likes this.
  17. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Darth Canes

She dodged aside at the last possible moment, and he wasn't ready to deflect his own Force-thrown object which crashed into him hard. The room spun as he leapt back up, lightsaber at the ready as he studied her, grinning. He had no real intention of killing her...yet...unless she failed to deflect the easy strikes he was throwing at her. That would be her own fault, though, not his. For him, it was a chance to hone his considerable lightsaber skills which made up for his lack of training in other areas...

He touched the cut on the side of his face. "It's been awhile since anyone has made me bleed," he said, a trace of grudging respect in his voice. "Still, I do like the sight of you bowing to me." Laughing, he raised his lightsaber and launched into another series of strikes.

Anakin.Skywalker

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis stood, watching him with smug satisfaction. Her swipe at his neck has missed, but she savored the visual of watching him get slammed by his own crate. Served him right...

Yet just as quickly, he was back on his feet, grinning as if this was some sort of a game. It was certainly not...not for Reiis. She scowled at him in return.

"It's been awhile since anyone has made me bleed. Still, I do like the sight of you bowing to me."

If the first part of what he said had a hint of respect, he quickly undid it with the next. Enraged, Reiis parried the strikes as she hurled of her own. "You are going to find you head rolling before this is over." She snarled at him as one of the swipes came dangerously close to hitting her shoulder. "Who are you?," she demanded.

Calm down Reiis else it'll be your head rolling, she thought. Whoever he is he knows how to press your buttons. You've dealt with this before...don't snap now.

Don't snap now...heh...easier said than done. Still, Reiis would have to make a go at it.

19. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Darth Canes
    "Who are you?" she demanded of him.

Who was she to demand anything? "If you ask me nicely, I may tell you," he said sweetly, smiling at her, "before I decide whether to kill you or not." He wasn't completely confident he could, in fact, do just that, but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

He deflected a few of her half-hearted thrusts--she was testing him, looking for a weakness in his defense, and he suddenly began to wonder if he could, in fact, pull off a defeat of Reiis. He chuckled to himself at the thought of the Triumvirate hearing that Reiis was beaten by an undeclared Sith. She might face more Force-lightning before the night was through if she fell to him. The thought amused him on many levels.

He laughed out loud. "U kulle rah doe kankee kung," he said in Huttese. "Dopo mee gusha, chik youngee?" Grinning from ear to ear, he held out a hand to her, making a quick beckoning motion. "Boska," he hissed, raising his lightsaber as the duel began again.

Anakin.Skywalker

U kulle rah doe kankee kung, "You're my kind of scum."
    Dopo mee gusha, chik youngee? "Do you feel lucky, dancing girl?"
    Boska, "Come."

20. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

For the sake of learning more about her enemy (because Reiis had been told over and over about how important that supposedly was), Reiis forced herself to straighten and calm herself. Slightly.

"Very well, then. What is your name?" A pause...a reluctant, begrudging pause. "Please."

She watched him carefully, silent now. He was thinking something -- she couldn't tell what -- but she didn't think she'd like it. He laughed abruptly, confirming her suspicions. Then he started speaking in Huttese, which was completely unfamiliar to her. The Force lent itself to translations, however, and so she could hear what he was saying.

"You're my kind of scum...do you feel lucky, dancing girl? Come."

Was it possible to hate him more? Yes....apparently it was.

Reiis's left arm shot out, dislodging a huge section of the ground beneath him as she motioned upward, hopefully sending the ground (and him) flying upward to dangerous heights.

21. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Darth Canes

He could feel the Force bend itself around her more strongly; he sighed. She was going to do something dramatic, undoubtedly. Sure enough, the ground beneath his feet suddenly lurched, and he jumped and rolled to the side right as a chunk of earth ripped itself free and shot up into the night, raining dirt and stones everywhere. He landed badly, his lightsaber skittering away from his outstretched hand as his ankle gave way painfully, making him cry out in agony.

It didn't feel broken, thankfully, but she would pay for that. He rolled over and reached for his lightsaber as he watched her with one eye...

Anakin.Skywalker

22. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

He jumped off, which had half-expected but not wanted, but he didn't land very well at all. But in that instant, she ignored the ankle injury and she reached out her right hand quickly to summon his saber. Hopefully, she'd get to it before he did. Maybe not but it was worth a shot.

Part of her mind did register what he was doing, though. Even in his pain and his attempt to grab his saber, he was watching her. It was an unnerving feeling, really, being watched. Reiis hated it -- had always hated it. Especially when it came from people she didn't like. And she certainly didn't like Canes.

A tremor in the Force suggested vengeance, and she was prepared. The stepped closer as she pulled for his saber.

"Now, I asked you nicely and I'm going to ask you again. Who. Are. You?"

23. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Darth Canes

He felt her tug on his saber using the Force. He couldn't fight her strength with the Force, but his skills lay elsewhere.

The lightsaber hung in the air, twitching one way and another as they fought for control. Be like water, he heard the voice of a former master repeat in his memory. Flow, and let everything flow around you. He flipped onto his stomach as he continued to fight her, wanting to get into a better position for what he had planned.

I am darkness given living form, he projected, wondering if he was strong enough in the Force to actually be heard by her. And I give to you the gift of darkness! He quickly changed the flow of the direction of the Force as he was fighting to gain control of the lightsaber. It ignited in mid-air, and he released it. Let her have it, then, he chuckled to himself as the lightsaber streaked towards her, purplish-white blade first. He Force-leapt up and away from danger, into the shadows, leaving her to worry about the blade streaking towards her head.

Anakin.Skywalker

24. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

For several, long moments, they fought for the lightsaber, and Reiis almost thought it would break under the tension. She pulled harder and harder until the weapons twitched madly between them. A voice, his annoying voice, appeared in her mind and almost caused her to lose concentration.

I am darkness given living form. And I give to you the gift of darkness! His saber sailed towards her as he released it.

She snorted, diving down but not falling completely. Only the Force as a support would allow for that angle to be attained. Reaching out, she grabbed the blade as it shot past.

Straightening, and admiring the purple blade as it sputtered and hummed in her durasteel grip, Reiis looked around for the Sith. "I'll ask you again. What is your name and what do you want?"

OOC: The advantage of being half cyborg.;)

twowolves likes this.
  25. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Darth Canes

He grinned at her from the shadows; she didn't yet realize that his lightsaber wasn't a normal blade. He'd spent years and years on Nam Chorios carefully seeking with the Force with what little strength he had, searching for a Smokie for his lightsaber before he'd constructed it, back when he still fought on the side of the Republic. Too many years to count.

Smokies were Force-sentient, and bonded with an owner. The Smokie was what gave his blade it's unique color, and it also gave it a will of it's own. He waited.

Sure enough, he felt the twinge through the Force as the Smokie, his Smokie, discharged the battery into the metal shell of the pommel, and arcing into everything around it. That would surely void the warranty on her respirator, he thought with a laugh.

He'd designed his blade with several lethal traps, and this was one he had nothing to do with. The first time he realized his lightsaber could do this was when a training droid he'd been practicing against picked it up. After the light show, the droid had been reduced to scrap and melted plasteel.

"You know what they say about taking things that don't belong to you," he chided, drifting through the safety of the shadows and focusing all of his will on cloaking himself so that she wouldn't pick up on where exactly he was. That would teach her to touch his lightsaber!

Anakin.Skywalker

26. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

She waited for a response from the mysterious Darksider, but received one very different from what she expected. The Force, with only seconds to spare, alerted her to the danger of what she was holding. As if controlled by another mind, Reiis flung the saber away the instant it began arcing electricity. Instinct had her drop to the ground, covering her head with her hands, but the Force gave her the presence of mind to form a shield of tutaminis around her.

It absorbed most of the blast, but she still felt the tingle of electricity throughout her living tissue and cybernetics alike, and she resented him for it.

Slowly, enraged, she rose with fists clenched, her eyes glowing in a furious red and gold behind the mask. She didn't...couldn't...respond to his taunts now. Certainly not now without losing it.

But wasn't that what Sith did? Lose it, as least a little.

And to Reiis, that sounded like a really good idea.

"Do your worst."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.