main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *walks in and blinks at the lack of light before casting out with the Force and locating the Chiss*

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Sensing that Agile Horse has sought him, Thimen slowly opens his eyes and draws a deep breath through his nostrils in a bid to retain his calm amid sensing the youth's agitation*

*Gazing at Agile Horse steadily, Thimen begins softly: 'Good day, Pupil. *Gestures with a hand* Join me. We must talk.'

3. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *runs a hand through her hair before joining Thimen*

Yes Mentor.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    'Both Mentor Dooku and Mentor Sistros have confided to me that they are sincerely concerned at your aggressive behavior as of late. They admire your spirit, eagerness, and drive. As do I. Yet, we worry that something truly is troubling you. *Puts hand on shoulder* Mentor Sistros is concerned that he may not be able to continue training you if your manner remains as it is. *Glowing red eyes soften slightly* He's not giving up on you, mind, but he is extremely wary. If the aggressiveness usually displayed here in the training room is 'in good fun' may I suggest that you step away from this thread a few days and train with us over PM?

*Mentor Thimen regards Agile Horse thoughtfully* 'I had hoped to help you learn Tutaminis today. *Black eyebrows twitch slightly* Yet, I will see how you respond to my words before commencing that training.'

5. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *grief clouds her face as she leans against the wall.*

I know that was unacceptable. I was angry and frustrated and I let my emotions get the better of me. I intend to apologize as soon as I work up the courage to face him again. I really am trying...

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen studies the Human Pupil carefully* How are you feeling now, Pupil? Are you still angry and frustrated? I have a thought that may help you but you'll have to be very brave and very trusting. I was many times worse off than you when I first was paired with Mentor Toru, especially because I came to the Febrayasi with the mindset of a Sith. The Kumazarite has helped me, permit me to attempt helping you.' *Spreading mid-blue hands before him in an imploring manner*

7. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm not angry. Guilty and upset, but not angry. I would be deeply honored if you could find it within you to help me.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen considers a minute* Perhaps 'Harmony Through Lightning' isn't what you need today. A Tutaminis lesson does seem the more suitable option. You seem the sort that achieves balance through action, are you? If so, do you think you can handle me helping you with your self-protection skills without permitting the anger that you're masking with guilt to overwhelm your control and lashing out at me?

9. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *blushes and hesitates* I'm afraid of losing control.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Nods slightly* So you are. Your fear is singing through the Force, Pupil. Yet, it is a credit to you that you admit it. If you cross a line, I will correct you and you may not like how. Am I understood, Pupil?'

11. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *hesitates for another moment before nodding firmly*

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen nods slightly* 'Very well. Since you are untrained in protection as yet, I won't ask you to defend against lightning. That would be poor form. We will begin with the Force-push. I will attempt to force you back a few feet. I want you to try and stop me. Attempt solely to stop me from moving you. Nothing more. Don't fret about friends, don't consider pulling your blade at this stage, you won't need it yet. It will be a challenge not to give into pride and zeal to impress. Don't attempt to overcome me, just resist me.

'I hope that beginning with the basics will build your skill, focus, and *patience*. Prepare yourself, Pupil. The work starts now...' *Outstretching his hands, the Chiss Mentor uses the Force to knock Pupil Agile Horse back about six steps*

13. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *gasps in surprise at the raw power the Chiss exhibits*

No need to tell me not to impress you. I have very little experience in this.

*frowns as she tries to concentrate on resisting the constant Force-push*

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Feels a somewhat feeble attempt at resistance* That's it. I can sense your effort to meet me but it still lacks focus. Return to your place and attempt it again.' *Force-pushes Agile Horse a second time*

15. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *brings her hands up from her sides slightly and reaches out to re-direct the Force away from her to the side*

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen's eyebrows raise in slight surprise* Ambitious. Attempting Force-redirection already. That was a good first attempt. *Cocks eyebrow semi-challengingly* I see you are an active one. The Living Force is strong with you. Are you ready to attempt countering me? Consider your answer. If you feel you are, return to your place before me and attempt to not only resist my Force-push but to move *me*. Begin.'

*Thimen launches third Force-push against Agile Horse*

17. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *gasps and steps back with a panicked expression*

No. No, I'm sorry, I can't do this. Thank you for your guidance, but I'm afraid you're wasting you time with me.

*slides down to sit against the wall*

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen stops the exercise* *Walking before the disheartened Human youth, he looks at Agile Horse quizzically* Why so much fire and brashness one moment and self-defeatism the next? Please tell me, Pupil. If oit's easier, Dooku will take over via PM. *Sadness flickers briefly over the mid-blue features* I-we- want to help you but if you run and hide every time fear grips you, you shall ever remain paralyzed.'

19. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *looks up bleakly at the Chiss*

Perhaps it's because I never noticed before how much my emotions control me.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen gazes down at Agile Horse tenderly* Ah, emotions are powerful and tricky things. Very hard to know never mind maintain a balanced control of them. This is something I and Mentor Dooku both know well.' *Rubs her shoulder gently with a thumb* I think opening up would do you a world of good, Young One. I know it's difficult to trust someone with troubles but Dooku and I will *not* condemn you whatever you do.' *Eyes grow weary with concern* 'We only wish to help you. Listening is not actiony, I grant you that but it *does* help.' *Thimen goes quiet*

21. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *whispers a thank you and gets up to leave*

22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    *Calls after DD*

Wanna go a few rounds DD?

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen turns at 1977's hail* *Glowing red eyes regard the young man* I am not inclined to sabers, Young One. Thank you, anyway. *Bows to 1977* Unless, you care to practice some Tutaminis?'

24. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Care to enlighten me on what those might be?

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen the Chiss's blue lips twitch upward slightly at this* 'Tutaminis, is the ability to protect one's self from harm, Young One. Usually, from some kind of Force-user's attacks. It deals with shielding, deflection, re-direction, absorbing other's energy attacks from say lightning or blaster bolts and converting it into healing/restorative energies.'

'Earlier, I was attempting to teach Shira how to resist a Force-push in an attempt to strengthen her focus, concentration, and protective skills. You will not need your blade at least for the first lesson. Are you willing, 1977? I'd be trying to also temper/quiet some of your raw drive.'

*Studies 1977 carefully*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.