main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    *stands by and contemplates DD's offer. After a few minutes he makes a decision.*

Sure I'm willing. It sure beats waiting a couple weeks for my master to return

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Mentor Thimen nods slightly* 'Very well, 1977. Clear you mind as much as you can and try to focus on the Force. Listen it it's whispers and heed it's direction. For the first step, I want you to meet my Force-push, resist it but don't get cocky and try to trump me. *Glances at 1977 knowingly* Training in Force abilities isn't about flash, it's about survival. Understand, Pupil? Let us begin.'

*Thimen closes his eyes a moment as he gathers the Force* *Opening them again, he causes 1977 to stumble back a few steps via his Force-push*

3. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    ((OOC: before we begin how am I supposed to do this?))

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Well, I'd suggest attempting to mimic what you see the Cannon Chars do: Outstretch your hands, concentrate and create your own Force-push in response to Thimen's. I read a bit about Force Absorb and Lightning but the profiles don't give any practical data on how to generate the abilities. It's a game, we'll do the best we can. ;)

5. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: Alrighty sounds good:D

*closing his eyes, he clears his mind and begins to feel the force flowing through every part of his body. This allows him to bring up his arms and absorb the push. A few seconds later the attack is redircted in the other direction where a few chairs and a table can be seen being flipped over*

OOC: how was that?

6. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    **enters the dueling thread curiously, and hangs back respectfully from Thimon and JM. She is unsure of what's going on, but she does not wish to intrude.**

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: That's fine. :D

*Thimen is stunned by the boundless and raw nature of 1977's Force power* 'That's very good, Pupil. However, tighten your focus. Focus your return Force-push on solely me. Again. Meet me equally for a five count then pause.'

*Thimen generates a new Force-push at 1977*

8. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *once again raises arms to absorb the attack, but this time he is able to stretch out his feelings and bring part of the attack to be built up in front of him for the allotted time that Thimen suggests. After wards he is unable to keep it up and unexpectantly is knocked back.*

Wow this is harder then it looks.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thimen nods* That is your first lesson. Don't let preconceived notions blind you. Force abilities are natural abilities but they require constant honing. Meet my Force-push for a five count, pause, re-focus and repeat for a rep of 10. Then we will break for a minute and if you wish when we commence again, you can try and knock me back. Agreed? *Arches eyebrow inquiringly*

*Raises arms again, hands outstretched and meets 1977's answering Force-push will just a touch more power*

OOC: Hello, Padawan. :)

10. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *watches with arm on a podium with hand resting on cheek*

11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    *throws a boulder into the ring*

Don't mind me, just bored.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Hello Rick and JM. [:D]

Everyone's so quiet. :(

13. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *Goes for a different approach to this excercise by letting off a force push of his own at Thiman. After about ten seconds of barely holding him off, 711 looks up and sees that Thiman is a few inches back from his original spot. After noticing this he cries out* I think I might be getting the hang of this:D

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: 711: It's spelled: T-h-i-m-e-n. Thank you. :D:p

*Blinking Thimen is mildly dazed at the abrupt switch of tactic* *Recovering himself, the Chiss smiles slightly* Well done, 1977! You nearly had me. All right, you want to be the aggressor? Go ahead. Try and push me to the far padded wall. Be warned, it won't be easy.'

*Re-focuses and lifts his hands, generating a fairly strong resistive Force-push that collides with 711's like hitting a wall a few feet in front of his position*

15. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: Hi! Mind if a second apprentice joins in your lesson?

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Not at all, Padawan! However, Thimen is big on fine focus, not flashy displays. Think you can handle that? [face_mischief]

17. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: do I have to use just force pushes?

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: For now, yes. That is the protective item I am currently addressing in this lesson. Though you can use Force-blocking/absorbing too but the Force-push is the particular focus at the moment. Don't worry, we'll soon move to deflecting/re-directing/absorbing lightning too but I want to build up your defenses first. ;)

19. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: I'm just wondering because you can only do so much on the offensive with the force push

20. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    It will take some adjustment, but I shall try my best! :D

**Slowly moves closer to the lesson between Thimen and JM, increasingly interested.**

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: That's true. However, for an Order that promotes: 'The Force is used for knowledge and defense; never attack.' The Jedi are a very aggressive bunch. It is wise to be well-versed in offense as well as defense. If you go into a real battle ill-prepared, you'll pay dearly, if you're anywhere near realistic in approach. Which I notice you kids aren't here. I know it's a game, and that's fine, but don't you think it'd be wise to spend some time on gaining true skills rather than merely outrageous flash? If not, I will leave you to your game with humble apologies for delaying your fun.

*Thimen nods in agreement with Master Dooku's sentiments and watches 1977 and Paddy cautiously*

22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *steps back and uses a focus technique to use the energy building up inside of him from calling on the force. After a few seconds he lets off the barrage at Thimen*

23. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: I do enjoy being flashy on the game, but I'd much rather real skill...but I haven't received any dueling training as of yet! I have researched several dueling forns, but that's really it...

**still watching the lesson, she takes one more step and stops.**

24. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: I too haven't recieved any dueling training but I've always wanted some so I thank you DD for doing this. Yes I want to continue with the lesson

25. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    [Han] I've never seen anything to make me believe theres one all powerful definitive force, theres no febrayasis that controls my destiny [Han]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.