main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Hey sistros could you give me some of that training that you give shira?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: I realize this isn't 'dueling' guys, but I think Force-protection techniques precede saber lessons in SW and that's what I'm trying to do. Get you kids prepared enough that when you get to the saber duels, it's not your *sole skill. Understand? :)

Good. I am encouraged you're willing to attempt continuing 711 and Paddy. :)

*Sensing the hurtling energy directed at him, Mentor Thimen whirls around to absorb 711's energy attack within his palms in the form blue glowing energy as it soaks directly into the Chiss* *Once the barrage ends, Thimen swiftly executes a pivot on his left foot, whipping around to face the opposite direction from 711 and re-directs the raw energy into a side wall harmlessly*

'Well done, 1977. Again.' The Chiss Mentor directs.

3. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *Once again 711 steps back and uses a focus technique to use the energy building up inside of him from calling on the force. After a few seconds he lets off the barrage at Thimen, but as he is absorbing this barrage 711 does the exact same thing a third and fourth time rapid fire*

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010

I only teach students who want to learn Febrayasis :(

as Febraysis doesn't recognise the 7 forms of the Jedi

5. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I'm ok with that. Sounds interesting and intriguing

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Under the onslaught, Thimen is slightly disoriented and stumbles back a few paces* *Narrowing his pupiless red eyes in concentration, he outstretches one hand in a bid to absorb part of 711's energy attack, while generating a Force-shield before him with the other* *Strain begins to sink in as Thimen realizes that 711 meant business* *Calming himself and reaching out to the Force, the Chiss is refreshed even amid the unrelenting attack pressed by 711*

7. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: Was that too much?

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Not at all, 711. Just trying to teach you that even Force-sensitve teachers aren't totally immune to the effects of combat. :)

*Thimen presses onward with his energy counterattack, straining against 711'a incredible raw power, Thimen finally notices a flicker of distraction in 711's thoughts* *Exploiting it, Thimen causes the exercise to to pause via a powerful redoubling of his efforts* *Abruptly, the two forces of energy colliding together causes a sort of an explosion of energy and air, flinging both males a short distance*

*Blinking as he sits up, Mentor Thimen calls evenly to 711: 'Are you injured, Pupil?'

9. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Not at all. That's the most fun I've had on here.

*Somersaults backwards back onto his feet eager for the next step in the session*

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: I'm glad to hear it, I thought I was boring you stiff. :D

Shira says hi. :)

*Standing easily again, Thimen addresses 711 seriously: 'I am willing to attempt to help you in learning to absorb, channel, re-direct, and release lightning. However, your Jedi Mentors would frown on this as they see lightning as 'Sith' and Sith as Dark. Are you willing? *Studies 711 carefully*

11. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    What do you mean by release?

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen raises a hand and directs a short burst of blue lightning at the wall* 'I simply mean to do what I just did. Teach you how to produce and release the electric power within you in the form of lightning.'

13. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    To Clafify Febrayasis has 17 styles of combat in 3 forms

Lightsaber

9 forms

Staff training

5 forms

unarmed combat

3 forms

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Rick: Interesting. I'll add that to the story notes. Have you named them or can I do that for a few? I was thinking maybe you'd name the lightsaber and unarmed ones and I could the staff ones as my chars will mainly be the staff users as you favor lightsabers?

15. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I'm willing to learn Sistros.

@DD so is that all that is done? There's nothing dark about that is there?

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    711: *Thimen studies the pupil seriously* That depends on your perception. The Jedi do believe lightning is inherently evil and of the Dark Side. I admit I learned to harness my ability in it during my time as a Sith Apprentice. However, now that I am Febrayasi, I realize the Force is an unfractured whole, glorious and nearly unhindered in potential. For me, Light and Dark is a myth created by fear and limited understanding.

'Creating lightning is fairly simple but it's *very* consuming on the user's energy reserves and potentially a drain on their focus. I would also attempt to teach you how to generate and maintain a Force-shield so you can block my lightning entirely. Thoughts, Pupil? Also, I will be frank with you, 711. If you use lightning excessively or are a victim/target of it's raw power, you bear the consequences for life.' *Walks stiffly before 711 and presents his right hand for inspection by the student* 'The faint scarring you see chording my fingers and hand are resultant of unnumbered attempts that *failed* to overcome my 'Sith teacher's' merciless attacks. Let this be a warning. Force abilities are *serious*. Understand?'

*Smiles slightly at 711* You are very brave and a willing learner. You honor me, Pupil 711.' *Thimen bows respectfully to the young man*

OOC: I truly hope I'm not boring you to tears, 711. [face_praying]

17. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *Walks in and sits in the stands, nodding to Thimen who notices her walk in. Settling down, she watches the goings on below*

18. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: It really stinks that I had to log off for the night... I missed so much!

19. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *grins at her friend's remarks*

20. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: Oh you aren't boring me to tears. I'm just wondering is there going to be a test over this because I didn't study:p

21. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *shakes head in amusement and leans back to watch*

22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Glad you found that amusing

23. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh go finish your lesson with Thimen.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Mentors Dooku and Thimen enter thread* *Dooku joins Agile Horse in the stands as Thimen joins 1977 on the practice hall's main mat*

*Dooku chuckles lightly at younglings comments and Thimen's quizzical reaction they cause*

Thimen to 711: 'If I were truly a SW novel char, I'd be sorely temped to answer affirmatively regarding the test. :p However, I'm not, this is ultimately meant as fun.'

*Bows to Paddy* 'I am glad you've returned. Welcome.' *The Chiss returns his regard to 711* 'In the same fashion that you knocked me back with the Force-push last night, I want you to focus, clear your mind, and attempt generating a protective Force-barrier in front of yourself to block my lightning. Understood?' *Notes 711's slight nod and excited expression*

*Calming himself, Thimen draws on the Force* *Raising his hand to torso level, a short burst of blue lightning bursts from his fingertips and slams into 711's distracted form, sending him crashing to the mat with an audible groan* 'Focus, Pupil! Build the shield within your mind and trust the Force.'

25. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *leans over to Dooku and smirks* I don't think he's dealt with younglings much, has he?

*winces 711 is hit and unconsciously rubs her chest, remembering how much the lightning can hurt*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.