main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Dooku whispers to Agile Horse* 'No, he hasn't. But, he's not a bad guy, at heart. Chiss aren't exactly known for being warm and fuzzy. For the most part they are logical and precise. Which makes it almost hilariously ironic that my Christopher-char,' *Nods at Thimen* 'is a Chiss that will be written by an *very* emotionally intuitive person.' (me.) 'Thimen is also why I've suddenly broken my not reading SW EU books-streak. I want to know what the creator of the Chiss (Timothy Zahn) has done with them to have at least a *clue* about his species. Now, because I can't stand when someone is unreadable, I will by virtue of *my* nature make Thimen mare reactive and 'softer' at points in our series than probably *anyone* that has written a Chiss char. All I can do is try.' *Sheepish smile*

OOC: Plus, I personally do not have much experience with teens and children because in my experience, I seem to frighten them rather a bit because I'm peculiar (having forearm crutches and wheelchair; not moving well). I find it much easier to relate to my elders, truthfully. Yet, I also like interacting with people teens and up that are willing to give me a chance even though, I'm different. Like you and 711. *Smiles*

2. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *laughs softly* It's just that sometimes, I don't think he really knows how to react to them. Especially someone as spirited as 711.

*watches the lessons below* I have no place to judge anyone. I've known too many people who have had physical ailments. My youngest brother has Down's Syndrome. One of my best friends had cancer and, because of his treatment, he was barely able to sit up, less than walk. I learned early on not to judge people according to looks, or what they can or cannot do.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Dooku nods slightly in agreement* True. For Thimen, it's hard for him to adjust to the fact non-Chiss, especially Humans, mature at vastly different rates. Thimen feels the boy should be much more grounded and focused than he is. By 711's age, a Chiss is already seen as an adult, (Chiss are considered adult and can serve in the military as young as 11, if I read the species profile right.) and expected to act like it. He struggles with Humans' spontaneity and fluid natures, it rattles his logic which unnerves him. It also makes him remember his stupidity in abandoning *everything* he was as a Chiss and a man when he joined the Sith. He's very raw about the dark places he's been and frets that he'll never overcome them.

His manner may not always come off as he intends, but he's straight forward and willing to show recklessness is *costly* because he's trying to convey care and protectiveness in the ways he can.

Wow, that is a lot of experience with the challenged for one so young. I am glad you've gained valuable lessons from such knowledge and relationships. I am honored that you don't allow my limitations to hinder you from getting to know me. [:D]

4. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *blushes* It would be dishonorable to be so ignorant about it.

*winces as 711 is thrown to the ground again* Well. Soon it will just be me he has to deal with.

*grins* I like working with people like that. They're always so happy. There was a boy that I took care of when I worked at the hippo-therapy center named Brandon. He's deaf, so I was assigned to him because I was the only one who could communicate with him. He like to complain about school a lot XD He didn't understand how I could like it so much.

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    *surprised by the unexpected force, 711 is hurled back from the blows. Rising back, wheezing a little bit because the wind got knocked out of him he is able to get into a cross crossed legged position on the floor. He goes through the same process of focusing and clearing his mind as he did to hold of Thimen's force pushes. After doing so he raises up both his arms, palms facing outward in front of him, right before the second wave of lightning hits him. For a brief second it can be seen that the lightning stops just a mere six inches in front of 711, but it soon is able to break through once again knocking 711 down*

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Agile Horse: That's wonderful that you're so receptive and perceptive. I believe that is one of the great lessons God intends you, able-bodied ones to gain from us challenged ones' presences: that it's possible to remain fundamentally content no matter *what* is happening. My own path to this revelation was slow, I didn't truly understand it till about 7 years ago, but now I simply see every day as a gift and am pleased to make the best of each day that I can. :)

As far as ignorance regarding challenged people, believe me it's still alive and well and *glaring*. I went to a concert with my Dad last year (in my wheelchair) and someone said where Dad and I could tell they were speaking of me (If someone can't pass with six inches of space they don't have any right to be out in a public venue.; We were asking people politely to move their chairs and feet a bit more so I wouldn't *run over their feet* unintentionally. Chairs are a huge inconvenience, I get it. But, it's also an *unavoidable* facet of my life and me interacting with others means the chair is part of the deal. Thankfully, though, since I graduated from school such instances are rare.

*Thimen pauses his assault when he notices that 711 looks slightly winded* *Kneels down beside the Human youth murmuring* 'You are doing well especially given our contrasting natures.' *Blue lips twitch slightly* 'Perhaps I am stifling you too much. Clearly you relish physical activity and variance in routines. I have a proposal for you: I'd like to see you run, flip, or whatever you'd like to do (physically) until you are truly exhausted. This isn't to be cruel. It's too open your eyes to your body's absolute limit as you currently are. This new knowledge may serve you well in future when you're on missions. Are you willing?'

OOC 711: I am pretty much leaving here when the boards close. Would you like to continue training/talking SW over email? I'd be game for it, if you are. :)

7. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *nods her understanding of her Mentor's words.* It's pretty bad at school. I don't understand how people can be so judgmental. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

*Sees Thimen approach and hears his proposal. Eyes widening, she leans forward eagerly, having never seen the extent of his full physical capabilities.*

8. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    **Arrives after her volunteer work, and crosses her arms, realizing she missed a whole lot again. But she continues to watch.**

Pre judging is rampant and brutal at my school. I can't even count how many people tease me for something as trivial as never having a boyfriend...

9. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *offers Paddy the seat beside her with a shocked face.* You're too young to have a boyfriend. And so are they.

*Thimen glances up at Shira as he senses her frustration and indignation for her friend.*

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Yep... I'll never forget this one girl who constantly pestered me for the name of my crush.

**blushes slightly.**

I, erm...actually did have one, but I wasn't about to tell someone like her! She was a fasionista, and a bit annoying at that...

11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Paddy: I hear you. It seems like most of society *expects* people to be in a relationship/sexually active as soon as it's *possible* anymore. The longer one waits (boy or girl) the more they are treated as though there is something *wrong* with them. When, in fact, the complete opposite it true. I never have had one, either. Honestly, for myself, I don't want to do any of this stuff until I find the man I intend to *marry*. You are still quite young. I hope you don't get pressured into crossing lines that you don't believe should be. :)

*Thimen walks over towards Agile Horse* 'Is everything all right, Pupil?

'I must admit, I'm curious to see what 711 will make of my proposal when he arrives as well.'

12. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: It seems to me that having a boyfriend at my age and earlier is just more stress that I don't need. Nor do I even want to think about a potential heartbreak. I mean, I am curious about it... I've never had a boyfriend but I do sometimes wonder what it's really like to be in love...

13. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    back on topic

(before the thread gets shut down)

*Activates lightsaber*

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: That makes sense. I consider those questions too. I have many thoughts on relationships/love but I won't *know* until I find my man.

15. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm frustrated with many things, Thimen, but I'm fine. Thank you for your concern.

*jumps down from the stands to land lightly in front of her Mentor.*

If you're willing, Sistros...

16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **looks at Sistros in surprise.**

You are here to duel?

17. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    duel no

only to teach

Ahh Shira..

you want to train then?

18. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *bows* Yes, Mentor.

19. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *force jumps over Shira*

then attack me

20. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *Without looking back at Sistros, she ignites her blade and thrusts it behind her.*

21. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **sighs wistfully.**

I have made how many requests to train in combat, and when it actually happens I'm offline! It truly sucks...

22. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *blocks the blow before it stabs the midsection*

hmmm,

you seem to like stabbing,.

23. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *smiles slightly as she whirls around 180 degrees to slash at his side.*

24. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *blocks the blow with ease*

quetion:

what is the objective of a saber duel to you?

to disarm them or kill them?

i'm guessing the latter

25. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *looks up in alarm as she blocks a strike from her Mentor*

Of course not! Not unless there was no other choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.