main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    then why strike killing blows in your first two moves

next lesson then..

*urns around and in a deep voice that fills the arena*

expect the unexpected

2. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *nervousness creeps onto her face'*

Dear Force.

*Brings her 'saber up into the 'ready' position*

3. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *turns around and faces Shira, golden eyes shine at her, teeth gnarled and pointy, decaying, skin as white as hoth and chuckles that would frighten an Acklay*

*Fingernails long like Talons*

4. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *mutters something about hating it when he does this and tightens her grip on her 'saber hilt.*

5. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *hisses at her and attacks, slashing at her in lightning fast speed*

6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    *looks over at Thimen*

What exactly do you mean by this teacher?

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen studies 711* 'In simple terms: I mean for you to become acquainted with your body and it's capabilities. Both mental and physical, Pupil. It is wise for both the student and the teacher to know their own limits as well as each others. Would you not agree? *Gesturing with a hand slightly, he elaborates: 'Only by understanding each other and the way each member of a team operates--including strengths, potentials, and weakness--can the other members compensate so the team as a whole functions at it's peak.' *Gesturing between the young Human and himself, Thimen concludes: 'In this case, I mean you and I, Pupil.'

8. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OOC: so do you want me to just play it like I'm running an obstacle course?

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Play it however you think suits your personality as long as you bear in mind that Thimen is intending you to learn where your *limits* lie. ;):p

10. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *backflips into the stands, then proceeds to run up and down the stands. He then flips off of the balcony grabbing a rope hanging from the ceiling swinging across the room. He jumps off of that, and when landing he goes off and sprints around the track inside the arena. While running he is able to dodge and jump over a few obstacles being thrown his way from Thimen*

11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Very good, 711! One note about Thimen: he's very weak when it comes to telekinetic abilities. Just letting you know.

*Dooku watches impressed as 711 continues to leap and climb about the arena, even succeeding at redirecting a few objects Thimen has thrown at him in a bid to test/hone his attention to environment, his physical status, and further sharpen his offensive/protective skill set* *Thimen is caught glancingly on the shoulder twice causing his eyebrows to quiver slightly in astonishment as 711 continues sprinting across the arena*

12. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *runs over to the 200+ pound statue inside the arena and proceeds to lift it with his bare hands.*

13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen approaches quietly in a bid not to break 711's concentration* *Cocking his head to one side, he crosses his arms over his chest maintaining an intent gaze on his pupil*

14. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *sets the statue down and then proceeds to dip and dive through some hurdles and obstacles in the arena.*

OOC: I would be honored if you took me as an apprentice in the NGE like Sistros did with Shira. This thing that you are teaching me intrigues me and is really benefitting and id like for that to continue. (and besides its an excuse for you to stay:p )

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen breaks out of his thoughtful contemplation of 711, raising his hands he sends a intense but brief lightning burst at 711* *He is surprised to note that 85% of the charge harmlessly bounces off 711's invincible Force-shield however, the jolt did stop 711 in his tracks nearly sending him to the mat again, but the Human recovers his balance quickly* 'Your stamina is significant, Pupil. Yet, your shielding needs more practice and concentration. Continue, if you can. *Waves 711 on*

OOC: 711: Really? :D I'd be honored but you have to agree not to act Sithly with what Thimen teaches you or else I as his 'player' and your Mentor could get in trouble with NJT (which I and Shira left today).

16. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    **walks off of the stands, and bows toward Thimen.**

I would be honored if you would teach me in the same way you do JM. It really intrigues me; I haven't seen training like this.

OOC: I'm seriously bored out of my mind. I'd love something to do!

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen noticing that Padawan has entered the arena, glances at 711 a moment as he continues to zig and work over the course laid about the chamber, and joins her*

'Good evening, Padawan. I would be honored to train you in physical disciplines and Force-abilities, but I must warn you, I am not inclined to lightsabers and am weak in telekinetic ability. If you wish to make this official, I'd like your word that you won't abuse or misuse what I teach you. If you do, it may bring great harm to many, including yourself and my 'player', Dooku. If this agreeable, You may join 711 on the course. My intent for you two is for us all to discover your absolute wall of ability in physical stamina/activity at the moment.'

OOC: Paddy and 711: What would you like to learn about more Force abilities? Also, are you willing to do a bit of reading if I asked you to? [face_mischief]

18. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Without hesitation, Alisha nods her agreement.**

I will never abuse your teachings, and acknowledge that there will be...little lightsaber use.

OOC: Great...more tasks! :p I've got a new one to work on, but I wouldn't mind a bit of research, as long as I don't have to write anything too long... I would never be able to get it done!

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen nods in agreement* Very well, you may begin the obstacle course that your friend is doing.' *Waves Paddy onward*

OOC: Paddy: Make up your own course details to suit your personality, that's what I had 711 do. Also, I merely may want you to *read a few articles on Force abilities so what I do as Thimen in here with you guys makes more sense to you. Cool? [face_mischief]

*Thimen adds: 'I am disinclined to sabers but I do still posses my red one. If you are willing to strive to move past your fear that red blade equals 'bad' I may spar with you in the future.'

OOC: Paddy and 711: May I give you Apprentice names like I have with Shira? :)

20. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **bows her head briefly, and walks to the course.

OOC: I can make up my own obstacle course? Hmm...what sort of obstacles emphasize speed and agility? It's just reading you'd like me to do? That would be fine!

**pauses, and contemplates Thimen's addition.**

I...have always affiliated the red lightsaber color with evil. A bad habit I suppose...it is something I would like to change, though.

OOC: A name like Agile Horse? o_O :p An apprentice nickname is alright with me.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen strides to the far back wall of the training arena and carefully scans the youths' actions with his glowing red eyes*

OOC: Yes, whatever you'd like. Good. I think giving you a bit of basis grounded within SW lore itself on Force training would help you gain understanding and a bit of discipline. :)

*Thimen nods gravely* I understand. Red is favored by many whom misuse the Force. I commend your willingness to move beyond your preconceived notions, Young One.' *Bows to young pupil*

OOC: Yes. Shira agreed to this name because she likes to ride. Very well. What are some of your favorite things/interests, Paddy?

22. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    *polishes lightsaber*

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Rick and I are willing to teach you two Febrayasis (like we are, Shira) but, we'd have to see that you're willing to hear about the philosophy behind it in *conjunction* with the physical/lightsaber skills.

If you don't want to do that due to wariness or because you think it'd conflict with your Jedi training in NJT, that's fine. I will continue to teach you established Force-abilities (as established in SW *solely* then.) The choice is yours. :)

24. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *711 thinks hard about Thimen's proposal*

I wouldn't mind the name but wouldn't you training me be the same as Sistros taking shira as her pupil from the NGE not the NJT? If this is so I don't see the problem

25. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *recovers from Sistros' attack and looks at her friends in surprise*

Well you two have come a long way from condemning me for becoming apprenticed to Sistros.

*Turns around in response to a warning in the Force and locks 'sabers with SIstros. Quickly running through her options, she leans back and throws Sistros overtop of her.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.