SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

1. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Let's just say im actually thinking clearly this time
  2. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    *bows in grattitude to 711 before being attacked by Sistros again*
  3. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    **crosses arms.**

I may not be condemning you, but that doesn't mean I trust him.

**walks to the obstacle course, and joins JM 711.**
  4. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: Good morning, Agile Horse and 711! :D

Originally, 711, no, it wouldn't have been. I was intending to teach you and Paddy Force-abilities *not* Febrayasis the Force-system in Rick and I's stories. Matter of fact, Rick was rather put out at first last night when he thought I was offering to teach you and Paddy Febrayasis...*however* now that we've talked it out, we are both *fine* with teaching you and Paddy Febrayasis (and for me Force-abilities) as well. *If* you guys are willing to hear the full package on our system.

To put it simply, Rick is very wary of Padawan's reactions to him specifically and initially to the idea of Febrayasis. His impression, which I concur with, is that she believes the Jedi are the only 'good' Force-users and that *everything* that isn't Jedi is Sith and thus evil. If either of you truly feel this way, it'd be best Rick and I did *not* teach you our system of Febrayasis because despite what anyone (read: Paddy in this case due to prior manner) may *think* Febrayasi are *not* Sith.

5. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    *flips over a stack of beams on the arena floor.*

Can we just give me a name already:p
  6. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    711: Is this you saying yes to the Febraysis system or yes to Force-abilities training? I was thinking that I'd call you: Pupil Tano Is Awesome. Thoughts?
  7. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    **Runs along a group of pillars, and leaps over on of the boulders scattered across the arena.**

OOC: I have grown up with the idea that the Jedi are the good force users! You already told me my portrayal of the Jedi and Sith is black and white, so I don't know what to believe anymore... I do believe some parts of the Jedi code are a bit difficult to follow, and the Sith Code isn't much better. But I want to remain a Jedi at heart...

8. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    *Mentor Thimen gazes coolly at the two rambunctious youths*

OOC: That's because it is yet you do *exactly* what the films do in your story: You call anyone who isn't Jedi, Sith. You tout that the Jedi are *better* than everyone else. You even *excuse* and seem to celebrate *deception* something Jedi view as Sithly and beneath them when it's *Jedi* that use the Mind Trick, *not* Sith. Both orders are in fact *grey* while most assume Jedi are white and anything non-Jedi is black.

*Thimen addresses Padawan evenly: 'You wish to remain Jedi. That is acceptable. You have the choice of learning Force-abilities from me or not. It's up to you.' *Thimen bows stiffly to Padawan*
  9. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    *Darth Insipid, concealed in cloak, an adviser in the NGE and the former Dark Lord - believing in Order, not Power, now - wanders what this Form they refer to is - he would very much like to read the Holocron (Fanfic) regaling the tales*

*his hands weave a black mist between them, his eyes burning yellow, and the mist falls upon the area*

Your Majesty... I hope this serves the training...

*Insipid vanishes into the black mist, becoming one with it*

... teaching them to find their Light in the Dark.
  10. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    *Mentor Dooku is a bit taken aback at Sinre's appearance and interest* *Dooku and the Chiss Thimen bow formally greeting: 'Hello, Sir. Your presence honors us.'

11. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    **Stops in the obstacle course, and looks to Thimen again.**

I still would like to learn the Force techniques from you, if Febraysis is not a good idea for me...

OOC: I can't help it! All I see in portrayals are the Jedi and Sith! I hadn't known about Grey Jedi or anything else in between until I found the KOTOR game! And even then I didn't know what to make of it. I guess that's my chief problem in the NGE... I don't know what to really make of the philosophy that neither side is very good nor evil...
  12. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    *Insipid's voice ripples throughout the mist*

I hope my presence has not interfered. That I am a Sith does not detract from the fact that I have chosen to serve a higher Order in the form of the Empire. Grey Jedi... Bright Sith... one cannot find oneself unless you taste all sides... and become more than both!

*his presence departs the area; the mist remains*
  13. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd leave that name to paddy
  14. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    You can have that name if you want, JM. I'd prefer one linked to my hobbies.
  15. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Very well Thimen I accept that name
  16. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    *looks up in surprise, having never encountered the Sith Lord before. Stands respectfully beside Sistros until he leaves*

It's alright Paddy. I still have trouble forcing away my old preconceived notions. A few sessions ago with Sistros, he pulled out a red 'saber. It took a while for me to accept that it wasn't because he was a Sith. Thimen has a red blade too, I believe.
  17. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    There's Bright Sith too? .....

**goes into thought as she continues the course, easily making her way through the black mist.**
  18. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    Insipid: Not at all! I'll get back to you soon about the Holocron.

711: Very well. Yet, I need a concrete answer: are you training with Thimen in Force abilities or abilities and Febrayasis?

Padawan: It does seem the Force abilities training option is the more suitable for you. What would you like Thimen to call you as he trains you?

*Thimen nods slightly to Agile Horse* 'I do indeed, Pupils.' Unclips and activates his blood-red lightsaber and stands before the awed youths in a formal salute pose*

19. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
  20. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    711: You may but I need you to type that you're willing to learn all aspects of Febrayasis so Sistros can read it for himself. Else, he'll remain wary that you kids think he's a Sith because he's non-Jedi. Please? :)
  21. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    **looks into the red blade as Thimen ignites it, and doesn't flinch from it.**

I would like him to teach me the Force techniques.

OOC: Given my character's history, she doesn't have a bad reason to dislike the color red for a lightsaber... I'm having a ton of trouble trying to get away from my notions....go ahead and call me stubborn, but it's not easy for me to believe that the Jedi aren't good.
  22. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I am willing to learn all the aspects
  23. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    *Thimen's glowing red eyes regard Padawan steadily from behind the ignighted lightsaber in his hand* *Thimen encourages softly* 'That's right, Pupil. Face your fear. You're doing well.'

OOC: If you're realistic about it, everyone in SW is flawed just like everyone in RL. I believe the original aspirations of the Jedi were noble but the Order, (like many religious ones in RL) got too wrapped up in their dogmatic traditions which is what caused them to become blind to the Force and what Sidious was doing.

*Thimen addresses Padawan again: 'Very well. I will teach you of Force abilities, Pupil. Amid that training I will also attempt to quiet your fears. Because if you remain frightened of me simply because my blade is red or I use lightning *Shoots a short burst of blue electricity harmlessly into a side wall away from the youths to make his point* 'I cannot hope to be effective as your teacher.'

*Thimen walks over to 711, rests a blue hand on the boy's shoulder and says: 'Very well, 711. I formally take you as my Febrayasi Pupil. For the duration, I will usually call you: Pupil or Pupil Tano Is Awesome as matters of formality and respect are very important to my kind, the Chiss.

'You will call me either Mentor, Mentor Thimen, or simply Thimen. My full Chiss name almost all non-Chiss hopelessly garble. *Thimen smiles slightly at 711* 'I will spare us those headaches, yes? *Thimen arches a black eyebrow minutely*
  24. Padawan4687 Force Ghost

star 4
    **Flinches, and backs away slightly as the lightning is fired, but tries to relax as it strikes a wall, far from anyone.**

I... I hope my fears can indeed be quieted...if anything, it is lightning that makes me more wary, besides the red color...such a deadly power to have...

OOC: Ah,,, compared to RL, I think I understand your point.
  25. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    *Lowering his hand, a flicker of sadness imprints itself on the mid-blue features as Thimen listens to Padawan's words*

*Remaining a few feet from her in a bid that the wary youth may recapture her center, the Chiss answers: 'Given that in your experience only the misguided Sith, whom I was once among, use read blades and Force Lighting that is understandable. In the series in which I feature that my 'player' Dooku is writing with Sistros, I give up my red blade just before entering the Febrayasis Academy for this very reason. So many fear red blades due to associations. Yet, answer me these, Pupil: Can a color shade *harm* anyone? Is it not the motives, actions, and ideals of a lightsaber builder that determines the blade's use, not it's color? Consider: in RotS Anakin was clearly very misguided and of Sith mentality during his duel with Obi-Wan on Mustafar yet he was still using his *blue* blade. Also, why do you fear a red blade so? *Thimen looks at Padawan thoughtfully* 'I wish to understand.'