main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    **Growing a bit more comfortable with the lightsaber style, Alisha begins to wave it about in a simple combat move. But for a moment, she stumbles. The blood red blade still feels very foreign in her hands. Sighing to herself, she tries hard to ignore it, and after a pause, continues moving the blade around.**

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen abandons his ineffectual attempt at guiding the Bith beside him into a meditation session* *Regarding Ciscerian, Thimen instructs: 'Remain here, Pupil. I will return soon. *Flicks eyes at the boy* 'Remain still.' *In a fluid motion, the Chiss is standing and approaching Alisha evenly* *Thimen watches as Alisha continues to strive to overcome her sharply-honed fearful instincts pertaining to red lightsabers, the girl concentrates hard on her actions of executing a slightly faster execution of the combat move she's been repeating painstakingly after glancing up at the taller Chiss Mentor*

'Pupil Alisha,' Thimen began softly, 'you have taken a needed step in mastering your fears. I am pleased. Would you like to stop this lesson for now and return to it later?'

3. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *Turns from watching Alisha and returns her attention to Sistros*

What now, Mentor?

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    the Jedi believe they use their weapon only for defense never attack

*scoffs at this lie*

5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    It's a *very* blatant one which I *despise*[face_not_talking]

6. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *shakes her head in confusion*

But they do attack. That fact is irrefutable. It's been seen all over the galaxy. How can they try to pretend otherwise?

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Agile Horse: Precisely. All the Jedi's 'deception and lies are the ways of the Sith' statements are also hollow because Jedi deceive too but they somehow are always *excused* from it's 'Dark Side effects'. Why? It just makes their hypocrisy all the more *glaring*. [face_frustrated]

8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *smiles softly at his padawan*

they are not honest with themselves, they use a weapon quite clearly an offesnsive one, and say that THAT weapon is their life

join the dots together my apprentice,

they are no better than any other force group.

now

*activates lightsaber*

9. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *runs hand through her hair in agitation* But then, that would make their whole system corrupt. Which should bring about their Order, but it hasn't. Why hasn't anyone seen through this yet?

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Agile Horse: I think it's a *severe* case of hero-worship. Not only in-universe but among fans. Many are *told* that Jedi are noble, just, good, and right and that anything *not* Jedi is Sith and Sith are *eeevil* don't ya know?! (The same goes for the Imperials). Most people refuse to acknowledge that those people or ideals they highly esteem are just as *flawed* as anything/one else. Also, many *refuse* to look beyond propaganda and labels. Probably my favorite EU character *ever* was an *Imperial* for life and Gilad has much more care and honor than any of the 'heroes' that everyone seems to love.

11. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *Looks between her Mentors as a flash of anger passes over her face*

So basically, the Jedi raised me with lies and false promises.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Jedi believe that an unnatural crystal is wrong, in short.

Says the Sith, of course.

13. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *glares at the Sith*

What's the Sith's draw to it, beside it being more powerful than a natural crystal?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's symbolic of the divide - a synthetic crystal is quick, easy and can be created on demand. Why wait for a crystal to be ready? Pfeh.

*smiles back, amused*

The fact is that Jedi can be corrupted by the light side too. The Jedi ruled the galaxy without democracy for four centuries... The Sith for four decades. Whose worse? Ask yourself that?

*departs in smoke*

15. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Glares at both mentors.**

I am still a Jedi apprentice! You say the Jedi are built on lies and false promise...but the Sith are so much better?

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Dooku looks at Padawan steadily* I'm not saying Sith are *better* at all. I'm simply saying *everyone* is *grey* and that for me the Sith (Dooku and Sidious to be particular) have at least certain things a lot more in-line with what I consider morality and *no* this so *not* me giving Sith and Imperials a free pass.) Also, every population has gems and bad apples.

The Imperials and Sith acknowledge and show that they are *Human* that they *feel* and make errors but can be loyal, protective, sacrificing, dogged in much more believable and *compelling* manners than the largely 'whitewashed' view that many hold of the Jedi...the Jedi seem to think being Human and having fundamental *Human qualities* is wrong. I don't buy this for a second. Too, many think that just because one is Imperial or Sith that means they have *no* morals, standards, or merit. That simply isn't so. Even in the films: Dooku is more honest than practically every Jedi you see. Tarkin despise dishonesty as well and doesn't seem inclined to violence as an individual. (He didn't harm Liea, he called off Vader...I think Aleraan was largely Tarkin following the Imperial line not condoning mass murder on planet-scale. He seems inclined to communicating issues rather than I will kill just cause I can like Vader did. He also despises *division*. The Sith and the Empire want *order* that is *good* yes, their methods were misguided but the intent is worthy.

The Jedi are very self-superior and excuse their own actions all the time while condemning others of being forever tainted. So, yes, as presented in the films and books I've seen I don't care for Jedi except Obi and Luke, sometimes.

17. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **glares still.**

You think the Jedi are such hypocrites...

18. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *backs away slowly with a hurt and betrayed look on her face. turning around, she occupies an unoccupied mat and proceeds to perform a series of intense katas, trying to clear her mind*

19. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Turns away from Dooku and looks at Shira in dismay.**

How many people can I hurt in a single day...

**She begins to walk over to the mat.**

20. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *Sensing Alisha's dismay and sorrow, Shira extinguishes her blade and waits for her friend*

Alisha, I'm not upset with you. Please believe that. This has nothing to do with you. Only the Order.

*Her expression hardens and she launches herself back into her katas.*

21. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Smiles in relief, and walks toward the adjoining mat.**

I'm glad...you're not mad. Dooku and I are utter opposites when it comes to factions...

**Instead of taking out her own lightsaber, Alisha sits down crossed-legged on the mat. Closing her eyes, she tries to enter meditation to calm herself.**

22. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *laughs to herself as her katas increase in intensity*

Oh I'm mad. You can't possibly know the extent.

23. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **She quickly notices that she can't concentrate on meditation, so Alisha stands again.**

You...you're angry at the Jedi Order, aren't you?

24. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    They lied to me, Alisha!

25. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    They lied? Believing that the Sith are such saints is a bigger lie to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.