main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* T-shirt and logo thread!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, dumb question, but what is a 'stylized' shirt???

2. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    When I originally posted I was thinking about a shirt they had at Hot Topic. I've tried to find a pic online and the best one I can find is here:
    http://design.darthwhoever.com/weblog-trooper.html

It's not on the Hot Topic site anymore but you can get the idea from that pic. Stylized means a non-photorealistic image. More of an impression of what the subject looks like than an actualy representation. Just an idea.

-Jack

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That would be pretty cool... Well have to discuss it more at our next meeting.

4. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I don?t get the design for the T-shirt. I think ?Got Beach? sounds a little too much like ?Got Bleach?. So, maybe instead you could switch it to ?Got Trooper? as an alternative slogan. This of course is just a suggestion. Also, I don?t understand why there is a snorkel coming out of the helmet. What about a huge rendering of the Death Star, but instead of it being all black/gray it could be colored in as a multi-colored beach ball. I don?t see to many people at the beach here in Daytona with snorkels is what I?m getting at. And you might want to consider the colors blue, or red for the shirt. I feel that a cheerier color will draw more people?s attention away from the fact that we could be not a fun group.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    We were going to go off of the 'Got Armor' shirts that have been floating around for a while. Go to ebay and type in 'Got Armor' and you'll see what I mean. Also, I've been in contact with the person that does those shirts, so we know he could do them. The snorkel was so people would think he was a Trooper swimming at the beach.

I do like the idea of the Death Star though. The only problem is that more colors equals a higher cost. What about instead of a beachball, something like a Volleyball? That way it would still scream 'beach' and we could keep the colors simple. This is only because we are going to be selling to individual members, thus attempting to keep the cost at a minimum.

I also like the idea of a blue shirt. I just like blue, so what can I say? We could either go with many colors of shirts, say blue, gray, white, and black (again, a blue shirt is more expensive) or maybe just pick one color to help keep it uniform. I think it all depends on how many people are going to want to wear these shirts to events. It would look cool to have us all in a big group with multiple colors, to play off the 'fun factor' but if only two or three people are going to be wearing them at any given time, I think we should decide on one color, or maybe just two of the contrast shades (black and white) to help keep things looking uniform.

6. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    I could see the snorkel idea working, but the beach ball is alittle.... well...

I suggest having a Fem-Bikini Tropper and a Muscle-bound Trooper (I have to have it uni-sexual) that says "Got Beach?" underneath it.

How about that?

7. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    wait a minuite...
    What happend to our original idea of haveing a trooper surfing? Q and I took those pics of me in my armor so there'd be refrence shots for someone to make a drawing. Did that ever happen? If you need different pics I'm brining my armor down again.

-Jack

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I really liked that idea Jack, but no one else seems too interested in doing the drawings. It would go great if we went the stylized route. The reference pics are still on the website.

If we can't come together with something by the next Con I say we just have white shirts that say 'Daytona Beachtroopers' then have a big box on the back that says 'Insert logo here' [face_plain]

EDIT:

Those that want shirts:
    Me x3
    Kahsyyyk
    Jayna x4
    Cmdr Farsight????

9. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I would buy a blue t-shirt.

10. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    OK, here's a preliminary design based off of the Hot Topic shirt.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/jdoud/troopidea.html

The shirt is actually a licensed Lucasfilm product but I think I changed the image significantly enough that we shouldn't have a problem. If we do grey shirts it would only be a 2 color patern. Anything else and we'd have to add grey for the shadows and detail bits.

Now what I need is FEEDBACK!!! What do you think? How should it be changed? What do you like? What do you dislike? Do you want it facing another direction? Different angle? More dynamic? Keep the waves? Scrap it all together? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME PEOPLE?!?!! ... *pant* *pant*

I'm ok now. :D
    Seriously, post what you think it needs.

-Jack

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hmmmm, I think someone FINALLY understands how I feel! :p

I really like it. Is there anything you can do with the left arm though? The one without the blaster? He just seems way too... stiff, I guess? I don't know what the original looks like, but maybe have the arm out to the sid like he's balancing himself?

Great job other than that! :)

12. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    All around, I like it. I think a slightly more dynamic pose (especially in the arms) and slightly cleaner lines might help. It would also probably help distinguish it even more from the copyrighted graphic.

I am trying to think of a happier way to convey the "wave look"- as I don''t quite think that the lines are doing that. Maybe just drawing in little splashes? I don't know. I'm playing with it a bit myself. We'll see.

I do think that we can make this work. I think I like this design better than the snorkel head. Great job!

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What about something like a curl going over his head?

And while I like the lines the way they are, who ever we get to screen this will probably shoot themselves before they get it cut out completely. I don't know if anyone that works for groups this small used stencils to cut out .tiff graphics or not. If that were the case then it wouldn't be a problem.

14. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Ok, there's 3 new styles up on my site:

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/jdoud/troopidea.html

Feedback please! Or else the next one will involve a bikini of some kind. :D

-Jack

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Will Farsight be in that bikini?? *runs away*

I like the one with the shorter board (#4) and the waves from the last one. Great job!

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    We never discussed what we wanted on the front, did we? What about using the design I have posted at the top of the page for the front, then have 'Got Beach?' under the trooper surfing? Did we still want to use that slogan? Maybe just have the slogan on the front and our FF info on the back? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Complaints? Ammusing aniqdotes?

17. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    I figured just do like the "got armor" shirts and have Daytona Beachtroopers and the Imperial Logo on the front. As for the back, I guess it would depend on if we're still going to go through the "got armor" guy. If we use a different picture and a different slogan we wouldn't have to go through him. I keep making little changes here and there. Tell me specifics people! What parts do you like!

-Jack

18. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    hey everyone, it is dan harris, i like the surfing trooper, i cleaned it up some and have jack post it on his site

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    lol, what's happening biggie. I thought your nicknae was tiny?? lol, either way, welcome to the boards!

20. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    i got biggie from the raper biggie smalls (my friend gave it to me) and it has stuck for about 2 years now, it is even on my lince plate for my truck at home. I have many nicknames as u all will find out later. one more thing, how do u put up your own icon like jacks???

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What do you mean your own icon? Is Jack's custom? I thought it was part of the data base.

Contact Master_Kenobi out uploading icons. You can find her name in the 'avatar' thread, then just click on it to send her a PM. I think you can also contact Minacia_Brightstar, our RSA.

22. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    is it? i thought he made it. other forums u can put your own up. i will have to ask jack, but i think elf is cool

23. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    back to the t-shirt, i think a jimmy buffet look, a trooper on a beach chair, holding up a big frozen drink. something like that, and the singature tropical shirt on

24. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    My icon's not custom, I found it in the database. As for the t-shirt idea, draw one up and we'll take a look at it!

-Jack

25. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    ah..... i have a rough drawing, if i was going to do it, i was thinking takeing a pic of u (jack) in your armor in a chair and i would paint over it. or do somrhting else. now if i was going to do this i might be dealing with colors that = $, but i could try it in b+w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.