main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* TCW Music & Score Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SaberJedi2, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    We had a similar thread about Kevin Kiner composing the score for The Clone Wars movie, but we're hearing A LOT more of John Williams themes during the actual. Let's use this thread as a place to discuss new themes as well as old themes and how they work in the series!

Starting off, I personally liked the use of Yoda's theme in the premiere episode. IIRC we haven't heard much of it since the OT and it was good to hear it again in something new.

2. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    I'm really glad they're using more John Williams in the series, as the lack of those themes was my biggest complaint about the movie. Hearing those themes just makes it feel so much more like Star Wars to me. Using Yoda's theme in Ambush was just perfect, it added so much when Yoda was talking to the clones. I also liked how they used the "Force" theme in Rising Malevolence. That's one of my favortie pieces of music, and for me personally, it's second to the main theme in making something feel like Star Wars.

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I agree. I'd love to see them change a few things on the movie for the DVD release, particularly putting more of JW's work in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.