main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* TCW Planets and Locations Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Grans were a significant part of the system's government. Not the planet.

Again, it's the Malastare system. A system may belong to the Republic, but that doesn't mean that every planet on that system does too.

We've only seen a part of the planet.

About the planets, my favorite one from this series is definitely Christophsis. And that Coruscant Plaza is among my favorite places of this series, for sure.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    :p

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A lot of world declared neutrality at the beginning of the war, I recall from old sources. Malastare could have been one of them.

4. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Cato Neomodia in Senate Spy was pretty awesome with the bridge-citys. I actually thought the planet animation went downhill after that, with Mandalore and Coruscant being the exceptions.

5. CaptainGiladPellaeon

CaptainGiladPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2009
    Like I wrote in my other post, explanations about the presentation of Malastare in "The Zillo Beast" are infinitely conceivable. My point was not that the show's creators made a mistake, in the technical sense. Rather, they chose to portray the planet in a way that did not obviously connect with previous references to it and aliens from it, disrupting rather than establishing a sense of Star Wars continuity. I'd be fine with such a choice, if it made a new story more interesting or easier to follow, but in this case, the show would have been just as good, if not better, had Grans and forests been present and had the political language been clearer. Alternately, the plot would have worked just as well on any planet besides Malastare. There was no good reason to complicate Malastare as presented in Episode I.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's weird when they do that to planets. Why not just do it the established way?

Ryloth, Mandalore, Malastare, et cetera.

It doesn't ruin any of the episodes for me but it's strange, especially considering how far they seem to go in other respects to stay with continuity.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Eh, i think it makes the planets more diverse. I also like the way they portrayed Malastare-it reminds me of how it looked in Episode 1: Racer, especially the glowing green fuel stuff.

I get what you mean though...Felucia and Seclumni are kind of weird: they were established as CIS capital worlds earlier, but they are treated like any other world here...nothing that can't be explained, but kind of weird.

Course as two of the best looking planets in Star Wars I can't say I mind very much. :D

Rogusa is another favorite of mine. The above water coral is very striking.

Iago isn't too bad either. Gets that mysterious feel.

Though thinking about it, we have quite a few desert world. I hope we get something more lush in the future.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It would have been cool if Ryloth looked as it should have. It should have been more or less like Crematoria in Chronicles of Riddick except that it's tidal locked.

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    It's like they took a perfectly awesome idea and said "no, that's too cool. Let's make it lamer."

But I agree with the green mists being visual striking on Ryloth.

10. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Unfortunately in Season 1 - particularly mid Season 1 production (which is when the Ryloth trilogy was largely produced), they just weren't there yet to do alot of the locations they visited any justice. We saw Rodia in "Bombad Jedi" and it was really quite empty and barren, then when we seaw it again in early Season 2 there was a VAST improvement. Likewise when we saw Felucia in Holocron Heist, which was production 1.26 and then in Bounty Hunters (production 2.19) it was a vast improvement again.

I'm pretty sure we'll probably see Ryloth again at one point and they'll give it a total make over.

11. Stormwizard

Stormwizard Jedi Padawan star 1

May 3, 2010
    I've watched all trailers and clips from season 3 and I've tried to figure out how many worlds that will be in this season.
    This is my current list:

1) Coruscant - My favorite world is Coruscant so I'm hoping we'll see more areas and districts. The level of detail now is amazing. In the beginning of season 1 they only had two paintings, but now they have models of entire city blocks. It's starting to look just like it does in the films.
    2) Alderaan - A planet seen in the Disney weekends season 3 trailer looks like Alderaan. We did not see much of it in the films, so it would be nice to see more of it on the show.
    3) Dathomir - I love the red jungle style. I can accept the fact that it's more red than in the EU.
    4) Devaron - Mentioned by one of the republic commandos. Possible appearance.
    5) Kamino - The level of detail is almost film-quality, just like Coruscant. Awesome, awesome.
    6) Manacron - Completely new planet. C-3PO has a secret that's connected to Manacron.
    Might be the planet where Cad Bane and Todo 360 are traveling onboard a hovercraft.
    7) Mandalore - Another planet with a fascinating style.
    8) Ryloth - Fun to see Ryloth again.
    9) Separatist Capital - Completely new planet. Looks very interesting.
    10) Tatooine - I like Tatooine so I don't mind seeing it again.
    11) Teth - The fight between Obi-Wan and Cad Bane might be here.
    12) Toydaria - I've been curious about this planet ever since I saw King Katuunko in the episode Ambush.
    It seems that Bail Organa and Jar-Jar Binks will go to Toydaria to visit Katuunko.

In season 3 and future seasons of TCW, I hope they show these movie worlds: Corellia, Dantooine, Ord Mantell, Bestine, Kashyyyk, Mygeeto, Sullust and Taanab.

I also would like to see these EU worlds: Nal Hutta, Nar Shaddaa, Dorin, Glee Anselm, Ithor, Onderon, Dxun, Kuat and Fondor.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I shudder to think what this show would do to Nar Shaddaa. George Lucas would take one glimpse at the planat description and go: "Nah, this is too similar to Coruscant. Let's make it a wasteland. Yeah, a barren wasteland, we haven't had one of those in a while, right? And what's this about it being the 'Smuggler's Moon'? No, Corellia is the place for the smugglers, Nar Shaddaa is... a backwater farming planet!"

13. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010
    I hope they won't touch any EU planets...this way everybody can be happy. Purists aren't forced to accept it as part of canon, and EU fans don't get their continuity ruined by Lucas's artistic license.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would love to see Christophsis again. I love that planet.

15. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    [face_sick]

And Alexrd, Im pretty sure we'll be seeing Christophsis again, there was a mention that prequels would end half way through the season, so probably ep 16 (like seasons 1 and 2) will be a prequel.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. Dave Filoni said there won't be any more prequels to the movie.

17. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010
    I don't think we'll see Kashyyyk anytime soon, and for good reason. Kashyyyk means lots of Wookiees, and I thinks Wookiees are the problem here, because the production team hasn't reached a point where they can animate all that fur to the point where it doesn't look as stiff as, say...Anakin's hair?.

Season 4: maybe...But that's the earliest I see it coming into play.

18. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    That makes me mad :mad:

Anyway, I'll guess we'll never know how and why Bail got involved :rolleyes:

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That was explained in the dataclip.

20. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Really, cool! Thanks, I'll have to check it out. Some episode based clarification would have helped though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.