main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* TCW TV Premiere & Show Times Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Cyclone, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    No mention of when and on what channel we'll get to see the CW in the UK?

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Nothing confirmed yet, it's super annoying.[face_frustrated]

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Do you have a link that it's on Oct 3 on CTV?

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    THIS ARTICLE

says it will be shown Sunday nights at 7 pm on CTV. I don't want to wait 2 days to watch!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which premieres in theatres on August 15 before moving to a television screen near you, will be seen on CTV in Canada. In the U.S., the series will premiere on Cartoon Network with airings following on TNT.

Canada's largest private broadcaster announced it has snapped up the broadcast rights to the new effort from George Lucas during its upfront presentation in Toronto on June 2.

The thirty-minute episodes will be airing on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m. No premiere date has been announced.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style.

"I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," Lucas said in a release from Turner Broadcasting. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

Set in the period following Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, each episode of The Clone Wars is a 30-minute ?mini-movie? featuring favourite heroes Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, and Anakin's new Padawan learner, Ahsoka Tano, as well as nefarious villains including Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, General Grievous and the mysterious Asajj Ventress.

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Best news I've heard all this night. Thanks mate.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Looks like Canada gets Space Channel showing it Fridays, starting October 10th - why one week later than the American premiere?

SPACE

7. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Does anyone know if the UK will be getting this on the Cartoon Network, and if so when????

8. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Because they have to add all of the "eh's" in[face_laugh] JUST KIDDING.

That's not cool, but I'm sure they'll be up on the web soon after the US premiere.

9. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Oh dear, it's not looking good here in the UK.
    This is scanned from the UK Star Wars Comic...

[image=http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4627/howlongzc8.jpg]

Still, that's decided how I'm going to be watching it... [face_whistling]

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    February 14, 2009 in the UK? They have to be joking.:mad:

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Oof- that'll make encompassing the UK in an overall spoiler policy...tricky...

12. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    CRAP!!!!!!!!!! So what's gonna be the best way to watch this in good quality for us UK-ers??? I am NOT waiting 'til next year!

13. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Why in the hell are the release dates different for each country??? It just makes no sense.

14. Yee_Moh

Yee_Moh Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    Seriously. I never could understand the rationale behind that, especially in this day and age (BitTorrent anyone?). If staggering the release dates of stuff like this is supposed to have some kind of positive financial impact for the distribution companies, they need to come out of their cubicles and get a clue. I mean, if you make people wait for the legitimate thing, they'll just skip the wait time and get it from an illegal source instead. And when they do, I'm pretty sure the suits won't be seeing a penny from it. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking that this might not be the best tactic for financial success.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I bet most the viewing base will wait, likely completely unaware that its already aired elsewhere, so long as its close. This potential several month difference for Europe sounds down right dumn. Personally, I'm more concerned about it airing when I can watch it, rather than getting it first. This Friday night at 7pm timeslot reeks of CTV( in Canada) aiming a childrens show at adults and I'm not convinced its a good time slot.

Friday is traditionally not a big TV ratings night, everybody is out starting their weekend. Sunday is much better meesa thinks.

16. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Canada gets a Space Channel and we don't XP

Ah well, my sister watches Cartoon Network obsessively anyways. I hope it goes up on the On Demand service that comes with our cable.

17. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    Well, I'm afraid that if we have to wait until Febuary 2009 to watch the Clone Wars in the UK; come October 3rd I'm signing off the Force.net. There's no way I'll be able to stay spoiler free otherwise. :(

18. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Do the TV Companies do a watch over the interent service? I know that the BBC has something where you can watch programmes up to a week later - do another (Clone Wars showing) TV Companies do the same?

19. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I believe NBC has a similar feature, although if you're outside the US you have to use a site like unblocker.org to get round the IP issue. Not sure if CN have one though. There's video on there but I don't know if they do whole episodes.

20. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    So on Oct. 3 they will show the actual movie that came out in theatres???

Or will it be the one that takes place after rhe movie???

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It will be 2 new episodes. One about Yoda, the other about Plo Koon.

22. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    That is correct. We're getting one episode at 9 pm and the other immediately following at 930.

23. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Its like the decision has been made by someone who has been in a dark cave since the 1980's.

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Looks like Canadians will get TCW Sunday nights on CTV from 7 pm to 8 pm - given that an hour's booked off, we assume that it will be one new episode, plus a re-run of last week's episode.

TFN main page

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I saw that a little while ago. I have to admit that I was surprised. CTV tends to be fairly mainstream in its programming choices. Although they did air Ep.I a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.