main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* TCW TV Premiere & Show Times Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Cyclone, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Well, so much for Toonami airing Clone Wars encores... [face_frustrated]

Bang.

2. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    What the heck? I can't believe they shut down Toonami. Man, I remember watching DBZ ans Gundam Wing on Toonami every day after school, and now it's come to this. They should have just moved it to Friday for all the new action shows instead of shutting it down.

3. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    What has this world come to when they shut down Toonami? I remember watching DragonBall Z religiously on that.

4. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    And the last thing he said was 'Bang'.. like the ending of a certain anime series.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a shame about Toonami, I'll always remember it's awesome debut lineup for weekday afternoons before it got bogged down by DBZ-type anime (no offense, DBZ fans, just don't care for the show's look at all- pulsing vein-popping folks are just uncomfortable to look at).

4:00- Thundercats
    4:30- Old School Hanna Barbara material (Herculoids, Birdman, etc)
    4:45- Voltron: Defender of the Universe
    5:15- More classic HB material.

It was also through the midnight encores that I got hooked on Outlaw Star, and enjoyed the very cool animated music video specials (mostly Gorillaz).

We salute you.

6. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    [face_frustrated]

Sorry to up this but having just seen that the UK wont get this series till next ******* year I can't quite believe it. Gah, why do we of all people have to wait so friggin long? Who's to blame for this? Can I vent my frustration at LFL's door or Cartoon Network?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The UK got the movie a day earlier than the US, so they're punishing you, obviously.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This thread over on Rebelscum has posts reporting that Clone Wars will premiere on one of the Sky Movie channels on 25 October. I don't have my copy of the Sky Magazine yet to verify this. I did look in the October issue of What Satellite magazine's listings for that day and didn't see anything on any of the movie channels. However, the listings only list the films - they don't list the fillers. I'll be able to verify the reports once my Sky mag comes (maybe tomorrow or Monday).

9. blow_up_the_outside

blow_up_the_outside Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I cant afford £30 a month for Sky movies, maybe I can persuade my house-mates they want Sky movies [face_thinking]

Guess most people in the UK who dont have Sky Movies will be visting Torrent Reactor?

Why couldnt this be on CN or something, the movie channels are the most expensive package along with Sports.

10. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Are the episodes going to be available online. I know Star Wars.com put the micro series online fro Hyperspace members. Are they doing the same for the new series?

11. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    That could be a excellent way to air episodes for the non-US fans, possibly have them available per week on the Star Wars dot com website... (maybe for Hyperspace only peeps) But, I don't really think this will happen.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN have an update on the UK premiere. It will be Oct 25 at 7pm on Sky Movies Premiere and Premiere HD.

13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Glad to see it on a bit earlier that originally thought. What happened to the Cartoon Network?

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I heard that the Clone Wars will reair on TNT on Saturdays but looking at TNT's schedule I don't see it.

Anyone got any info?

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Starting Feb. 9th they'll reair it.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thank you!!!

17. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    So TNT won't air it until February???

That stinks... no HD for me (our cable provider doesn't offer CN in HD).

18. blow_up_the_outside

blow_up_the_outside Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    TF.N has a post post about TCW availbale on Itunes every Saturday, but will this be availble in the uk or just the US? Im guessing it wont be availble on UK Itunes untill 26th October after TCW has aired on Sky. If this is the case then I think I will be watching TCW from Itunes, much cheaper than getting Sky Movies.

It also mentions you can stream the episodes from SW.com or CN.com, this might be worth looking into if the quality is good, however if your in the UK you cannot get onto CN.com, it redirects you to CN.co.uk.

19. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    As a resident in the UK I can't tell you how pleased and impressed I am with this news!

With the TV, online streaming, iTunes download, free comic and podcast once again Star Wars is breaking into new ground.

Well done :)

20. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    They are at 9:00 tonight here, and I think they reair on CN at 9 on Sunday. I so wish I could watch them tonight but my sister is being a ***** because she has a birthday party for one of her friends who is turning 21, they plan to watch movies and **** but they won't let me watch the upcoming show, hell we have two computers and I offered to let them use my PS3.....but no. If this does not reair until February I am going to be PISSED OFF! Yeah I know I am ranting like a 12 year old but my day at work today was really jacked up, some people are REALLY freaking stupid. Does anybody k nwo if it will show afterwards from CN.COM?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We had the first two episodes tonight here in the UK. I thought they were pretty good. However, the previous announcement about them being shown at 7pm didn't mention that on Saturdays it would be 530 pm for the premiere, and the 7pm showtime would be for the rest of the week! Luckily I knew about it so I didn't miss it. Episodes 3 and 4 are next Saturday evening.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    news for Oz:

TFN main page

Our friend Shane ("Jade Jedi") was nice enough to send over the following news regarding The Clone Wars in Australia.

The Clone Wars film will be coming to Australia on DVD and Blu-ray on Wednesday, December 17, 2008.

Shane also reports that The Clone Wars series will kick off on Australian TV on Network TEN on Saturday the 22nd of November at 12 noon.

Thanks Shane!

UPDATE: Our friend Mike S. wrote to not only confirm the above but note that the premiere will include both "Ambush" and "Rising Malevolence."

Thanks Mike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.