main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Official Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Those who don't know, Dan and I have been watching all of the new cartoons together for sometime now. Actually, its been more like Dan has been showing me and rewatching the episodes.

But anyway, with a new movie on the way, and with Dan and I conversing about this constantly, I decided to start TMNT own thread.

Hey Dan, any word yet with Ninja Tribunal?

Yvette Edit: Unlocking and bumping

2. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Viceroy_Of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2006
    Is the movie live action or animated?

3. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    The new movie is all CGI.

No new news yet on Ninja Tribunal, but there was a reference to it in this week's episode of Fast Forward.:mad:

For those that don't know, Ninja Tribunal is the "lost" fifth season of the current Ninja Turtles cartoon. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward was planed as the sixth season, but is now airing as the fifth season instead of Ninja Tribunal, which was schduled for DVD release and then canceled![face_frustrated]

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Enjoyed that episode with the Rat King. I like that interpretation of the character a lot better than the old cartoon. I still think they'll bring back Shredder...

Any word if Fast Forward will be there definate last season?

5. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Some news about the CG movie's cast:
    Patrick Stewart is the voice of the villain Max Winters! I think he is a businessman who wants to control some ancient monsters.
    Sarah Michelle Gellar is the voice of April!
    Chris Evans (of Fantastic Four) is the voice of Casey Jones!
    And Kevin Smith has a voice cameo.

That's all the article I read said, and I don't know anything about rest of the cast, So don't ask me!

EDIT: I have heard about the guy who is the voice of Splinter, but I can't remember his name.[face_thinking] He just died, a month or two ago.

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Dan, when does school start again for you? I'd like to watch some more episodes soon once I get back.

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Those last two episodes of season 4 were good. Ninja Tribunal needs to release!

8. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18433

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Pete was very big on the idea of having a new villain. He didn't really demand it necessary. I think we all sort of felt that Shredder had been done to a good extent. "Batman Begins" just did it great when they did the kick off with the Joker. It's a really good idea. Now when he comes back in the next one, that's cool because now you know who this new Bruce Wayne is and you've got that whole set. To a lesser extent, I think it's the same sort of thing for the Turtles. I think Shredder would make a much bigger impact in I think the second movie than he would in the first one because you'd sort of assume it for the first one which is kind of neat. Pete is a huge monster fan and we always talked about the tone of the movie and I truly loved the tone of "Ghost Busters." I think it was one of the big things from it and one of the fields we wanted to go. Not necessarily chasing and hunting and all of that other stuff. But, just that level of fun and that level of imagination. It's still sort of grounded that as long as we go back to the family, there's something that's tangible and doesn't get too silly. That was something we were really sort of cognizant of too. Just making it feel not gritty, but believable.

COOL! I'll go see this one just so I can get to the next film and see the return of Oroko Saki.
    AKA- The Shredder. That's so cool. It sounds like the film is darker than the other films and more mature, but still light hearted enough for kids. That's awesome!

I'm excited.

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    There's a new trailer up:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/hd/

11. obi-wan_fett

obi-wan_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    This looks great! Are we planning on going to the opening as a club?

12. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Definately! Dan and I have been watching the new cartoon together since last year. I've seen all four seasons, but I'm still waiting on Ninja Tribunal.

Our club movies for the month of March will be TMNT 1&2. This digital TMNT movie releases in March and is actually a sequel to the last live action turtle films that were released back in the 90's.

The first two were some of my childhood favorites.

Kowabunga!

13. obi-wan_fett

obi-wan_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    I didn't realize that the new one came after the other two movies. I thought that they were redoing the old ones with an updated twist. This makes it even better.

14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    The two turtle movie marathon has been made into a seperate club event and will NOT be our club movie night, but a seperate event. It will be on March 17th starting at 6pm. Location details are to come, but it will likely be at my brothers.

Also, we will be seeing the new movie opening night, the 23rd of March at the Majestic theatres.

See you all there.

15. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    We'll be watching the first two turtle movies this Saturday at my brothers house a 7 for those interested! See everyone there!

16. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    It was cool to watch the old films again, Thanks for showing them tonight.

17. Alorian

Alorian Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2007
    TMNT ROCK! Haha.

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, had a great time guys. Looking forward to TMNT next weekend. BTW- have we decided on an official day and time? I'm down for Friday night. Any thoughts?

19. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    what time and theater?

20. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Edwards at 7pm. I'm assuming there's a 7pm showing, if not, whatever is closest to that.

21. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    There is a 6:45 and 7:45 showing. Is 7:45 okay? Either is fine though.

22. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ok, 7:45pm it is. I'll send an e-mail out later today.

23. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    7:45 would've been fastastic except for the fact I don't get paid until monday :(
    Tab and I are planning to go watch TMNT on monday

24. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    I need to go to bed, but I had to share this news I just read on the Offical TMNT website;

From January to May of 2008, 4Kids TV will air most or all of the "Ninja Tribunal" episodes (although episode #110, "Nightmares Recycled", WILL NOT be completed or aired).

This is good news!!!

25. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Here is some more info about the above mentioned episode that will never be seen;

EPISODE 110

"Nightmares Recycled"

Synopsis:

Raph, Don, Casey, and April?s evening salvage operation lands them a one-way ticket to Recycle World ? the Garbageman?s deadly realm of refuse! As if fighting for their lives in a world of lethal compactors and shredders wasn?t bad enough, they?ve got to do it all with Hun ? who?s not thrilled to reveal that he and Garbageman have something in common ? DNA!

NOTE: This episode was never completed. The script was finished and some animation had begun when 4Kids pulled the plug because it was deemed too controversial for a children's program (apparently Hun and the Garbageman were going to be conjoined twins that were surgically separated at birth).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.