main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Official Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Whoa, that is crazy!

2. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Yay! News from the offical Ninja Turtles website:

* 13 new episodes of the TMNT cartoon are now in production for broadcast in the fall of 2008! After months of back-n-forth, all partners agreed on a new direction and the Turtles toon is back on the hot track! We can't reveal any specifics yet, but everyone's favorite Gang Green will be returning to present-day NYC and battling the baddies with their buddies Casey Jones and April O'Neil! This next phase of the show will feature new art direction that will tie the 2003 toon designs into the animated movie style by Imagi!

* 4Kids Home Video currently plans to release the "Ninja Tribunal" cartoon episodes on DVD in North America sometime in the "first half of 2008"!

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Excellent news Dan! Definately looking forward to this!

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I tried Watching the New Turtles Fast Forward i was confused as to what was going on. It would be cool to see it unfold in order so i can understand.

5. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Latest News from the Offical Ninja Turtles website;

TV News

Fall ?07: Fast Forward is 4Kids TV?s top rated show! On November 10, 2007 the show received a 2.6 for Boys 6-11 and a 2.8 for Boys 2-5 which were the highest ratings in the block!

Spring ?08: 4Kids TV will be airing a series of 12 never before seen ?lost episodes? called ?Ninja Tribunals."

Fall ?08: 13 new episodes and a brand new toy line are in development for Season 7:

When the Turtles return from the future to their present time, Viral interferes causing Master Splinter to get trapped in cyberspace, bits of his data code scattered all throughout the digital domain. The Turtles must find a way to access the virtual realm so they can gather Splinter?s code and save their beloved father before he is lost to them forever...

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Wo-hoo!!!!!
    Finally!!!!!
    Ninja Tribunal!

7. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Another update from the Offcial site;

The "Ninja Tribunal" episodes begin airing in the USA on February 9th at 10:00 AM! Fast Forward repeats will continue to air at 9:30 AM - check your local listings!

Finally a date! Yeah!!![face_dancing]

8. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Here is the link for the network website with an awesome trailer for Ninja Tribunal(a.k.a. "the lost episodes")

http://www.4kids.tv/show/tmnt

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Whoa!!!!! Dan I'm totally stoked now! I can't wait to see these episodes. It's hard to believe they've waited this long to put them on TV, they look freaking amazing![face_dancing]

10. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Looks like the DVD of Ninja Tribunal might be out on May 20th.

Also, the frist episode on Feb. 9th is actually the cliff-hanging last episode of season 4, which was the intro to the Ninja Tribunal story.

11. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Oh good, they are going to show that episode. I'm glad.

12. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
  13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    From the following link:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...a-turtles.html

Kevin Eastman has said he is in talks with Warner Bros. about a new live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film.

The co-creator of the children's franchise claimed that the production company is keen on a "reinvention" of the characters in the style of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

Writing on HeavyMetal.com, Eastman said: "Although the CGI film did well enough to warrant a sequel, there has been much talk between Imagi and Warners to do a better 're-invention' of the TMNT in a live-action film - like what was done with Batman.

"Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc... There have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original 'first' TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right - but no official word yet... Will keep you posted."

2007's CG-animated big screen version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles earned $95 million at the box office.

Three live-action Turtles films were released between 1990 and 1993.

14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    So this news may in fact have only been a wide spread rumor. I'd actually prefer another live action film if done correctly. I liked the CGI film, but live action interests me more.

15. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    TMNT: Back to the Sewers, the 7th year of the current Ninja Turtles cartoon, premeired this morning!!![face_dancing] As a long time fan of this run, I really enjoyed the start of this new phase of the Ninja Turtles cartoon. It transitioned nicely from Fastforward to Back to the Sewers.=D= It had alot of nice "call backs", too!

I think Kasey will like it, I mean, come on, Three Shredders at once!!!:cool:

EDIT: My computer recorded it at a differnt time, on a differnt Ch. from when I whacthed it myself, and the first ten minutes was interupted by a NEWS Speical Report!!!:mad:

16. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I want to watch this today!!!! CALL ME!!!

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Just caught a snippet of the Shredder fight on youtube. Holy cats! Very nice.

18. danbinks

May 6, 2004
  19. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks for the link Dan. I enjoyed the read and I hope if they do decide to go with a CGI/live action hybrid that they reboot. I think it is time for one.
    Plus doing a sequel that jumps from CGI to live action would be a bit odd I think.

I'd hardly call it a hybrid either. This kind of thing is totally normal in this day and age.

20. danbinks

May 6, 2004
  21. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey Dan, I just had to write somewhere how disappointing that last episode was. Another season please! Also, I'm done with you comics. The 4th one ends rather abruptly. I want to know what happens next! And you don't have any others do you?

22. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Here is the Press Release for the next (Live Action) Ninja Turtles Movie;

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Come Alive
    In Major Motion Picture for 2011

New Theatrical Film to tell Origin Story of the Legendary Characters

Los Angeles, April 23, 2009? The Mirage Group has given the green light for development of a live-action major motion picture focusing on the origins of the iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, targeted for release in 2011.

Announcement of the latest (fifth) big screen version of the crime-fighting ?heroes in a half-shell? comes on the day the Turtles kick off their 25th anniversary national ?Shell-ebration? in New York City with multiple events that include the honor of lighting the Empire State Building in ?turtle green? and a unique outdoor presentation of their beloved first ?Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? film at the Tribeca Film Festival ?Drive-In?.

Mirage is partnering with producers Scott Mednick (?300?, ?Superman Returns?, ?10,000 BC?, and the upcoming ?Where the Wild Things Are?) and Galen Walker (who produced the most recent computer-animated ?TMNT? theatrical release) to create this live action film. Peter Laird, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, Eric Crown and Napoleon Smith III will serve as executive producers of the film, which is based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters created by Laird and Kevin Eastman. Mednick and Walker will serve as producers. The project is being funded through Lightbox Productions, LLC.

?It was critical to us to find people who both understood the Turtles franchise and were accomplished film makers who appreciated both the action and humor components of the Turtles? identity ,? said Gary Richardson CEO, The Mirage Group. ?With Galen and Scott we know we?ve found great talent with those essential attributes.?

?The original dozen comics created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman are some of the best source material one could hope for,? said Mednick. ?We?re excited to bring this story to a whole new generation of moviegoers as well as the legions of fans that have made the Turtles - Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael as well as Splinter, April O?Neil, Casey Jones and, of course, the great villain Shredder - a part of their world for 25 years.?

Mednick has begun reaching out to writers and directors and is already in discussion with several high-profile actors interested in portraying Turtles characters they loved as kids.

4Kids Entertainment, master licensing agency for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property, will be handling all of the movie merchandise licensing.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles made their public premiere in May 1984 in a comic book published and distributed by Mirage Studios. A hugely successful TV series quickly followed, along with a record-setting licensing program and three successful live-action theatrical films. In 2003, the Turtles were re-introduced to a new generation through a fresh TV series, a computer- animated theatrical movie and new merchandising program. The 25th year of TMNT will provide fans of all ages with the opportunity to experience this evergreen property in a ten-city mobile tour highlighted by the TMNT Party Bus, a rolling museum of TMNT memorabilia.

Additional information is available on the http://www.tmnt25.com and http://www.4kids.tv websites.

About Mirage Studios
    Mirage Studios, Inc. is part of The Mirage Group, a group of companies located in Northampton, Massachusetts that owns, manages, nurtures and protects the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property."

23. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I was seriously JUST about to post this! Mine was a bit shorter. Here it is anyway:

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Coming!
    Source: Variety April 23, 2009

A big announced for today's 25th anniversary celebration of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - the heroes in a half shell are returning to the big screen!

Variety says that the Mirage Group, which owns the property, is moving forward with a live-action film focusing on the origins of the iconic crime fighters.

The project, targeted for release in 2011, would mark the fifth big screen outing for the sewer-dwelling heroes Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as well as their master Splinter.

Legendary Pictures former chief marketing officer Scott Mednick is producing the new film alongside Galen Walker, who produced the 2007 computer-animated TMNT. Peter Laird, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, Eric Crown and Napoleon Smith III are executive producing the film, which is based on the characters created by Laird and Kevin Eastman.

Laird said the film will remain true to the spirit of the original comic books. He added that the film may employ face replacement technology, which would allow the turtles to be much more expressive.

I cannot wait for this!!!!! But who to cast? Who to play Shredder? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

24. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Did you know Laird has his own blog:

http://plairdblog.blogspot.com/

Check out what he says here:

Woo hoo! So here we go -- another live action film! As you may recall from some of my previous comments, our initial discussions regarding the next film had to do with what we were calling a "hybrid" -- live action with realistic Turtles rendered in CGI and blended in. This new idea -- which, frankly, I am VERY pumped about -- will have actors and stunt performers in full Turtle suits for filming in live action. As of right now, there is talk of using CGI to do "face replacement" for the suits so that we can get those great, expressive faces possible with CGI.

We are very early in the development process -- no writer or director has been chosen yet. And we've just started talking about the story. But I'm really looking forward to getting into it! -- PL

This sounds like the best approach and I cannot wait to see who they decide to cast. This is what the Turtles have needed and I'm glad it's being done. It was only a matter of time with all the Super Hero hype as of late.

25. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    That's where I copyed the press release from! It was linked on the Offiecial website. I am just not good at typing out all the details, sometimes.:oops: [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.