main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Tenel Ka Fanclub!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    What we really need is illustrations. Who can draw? It would tie the whole thing together.

Imagine, a cute sketch of Tenel Ka embracing her grandmother, big smiles on both of their faces, walking off into the sunset...

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, glad everyone liked my idea!

Maybe we should collaborate on that, -Tenel-Ka-. It would be awesomely sappy.

Thanks, Jenny. Now I got that song lodged in my head.

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm up for it. :D

'Simply Being Loved' is getting taxing. I'm not saying I'm going to quit it or anything. But it's down to the wire now. So everything has to be perfect. (And I still have to do the final rewrite. Muahah!) The sequel is going to be the long, drawn out many, many posts story. SBL is like a prologue. :D

So a break here and there to write fun sappy TK stories will be quite refreshing. *dances*

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm. My fic 'Three New Sailor Senshi' (Crossover between Sailor Moon and Young Jedi Knights, Tenel Ka is a major part of it-and I know this is a shameless plug) was written out about six months ago and posted to another website. All I'm doing is editing it, so yeah, a collaboration with you could be quite nice.

And drawing...I have a friend who does good work. Maybe I could get something from her...

5. JennyTheShrubber

JennyTheShrubber Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    It would be awesomely sappy.

YAY! I think it would be nice to see Tenel Ka in something sappy that doesn't involve Jacen (not that I mind reading that ;)). Ta'a Chume needs a break too. Being evil can be extremely exhausting, and I should know!

Thanks, Jenny. Now I got that song lodged in my head.

You needed to get in touch with the '80s child within! :p

Actually, if you hadn't said "Shattered Crown," I wouldn't have thought of "Shattered Dreams," so it's really your dirty laundry coming home to roost . . . or something. There's a Minako-ism for you.

At least it's a good song. I like it, anyway. It's better than having "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees stuck in your head all day.

So much for your promises,
    They died the day you let me go,
    Caught up in a web of lies,
    But it was just too late to know,
    I thought it was you,
    Who would stand by my side?

Take it, someone! :D

6. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I don't know that one. :_|

7. JennyTheShrubber

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh come now, how can you not know that song? It's not something esoteric like "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama." :confused:

You can listen to it here if you want.

8. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Oh, I recognize it now! I am really bad at lyrics, though; I usually don't know the song when I'm given lyrics, unless it's from a musical. :p

This song is very suitable to Tenel Ka, I think. Thanks!

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, I'm fully in touch with my inner 80's! Begins humming Huey Lewis and the News And you're right, Jenny. It is a good song.

Nice Minako-ism, by the way.

I wonder what other 80]s songs would be Tenel Ka-like...probably 'Eternal Flame' by the Bangles.

10. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I was bored so I decided to make a Tenel Ka veeper

11. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] JediSmurf, that is awesome!! I especially love her voice. :p

12. JennyTheShrubber

Aug 7, 2003
    [face_laugh] That was hilarious, JediSmurf! How did you make that?

This song is very suitable to Tenel Ka, I think.

Really? I only thought of it because of its title. I have this tendency to associate things people say with song lyrics or titles. Once, I was trying to make a date with somebody, and I said, "I'll let you know when I'm free." The rest of the day, I was singing the last part of "Hummer" (Smashing Pumpkins) -- Ask yourself a question, anyone but me. I am free! It's one of many weird habits I have :p

I wonder what other 80]s songs would be Tenel Ka-like

I want to know what love is!
    I want you to show me!

Heehee. Just kidding. How about "Take On Me" by A-Ha? :D

I'm personally a big fan of "Jenny (867-5309)" by Tommy Tutone, but that's just me :p

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYBODY!!!!

Dr. Forrester: Now, what happens when you go into your favorite karaoke bar and you want to hear "I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner?

Frank: People vomit?

-- "Mystery Science Theater 3000"

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!! :D :D

Can everyone barely waddle right now?

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I had a traditional family meal of subs, meatball and otherwise. I wonder if Dathomir would have any days like Thanksgiving. They'd definitely have festivals and/or celebrations, so a big feast day wouldn't be out of the question.

15. JadenSkywalker

JadenSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I started freaking out when I couldn't find the original thread anywhere. I'm glad this one is safe and sound. :)

16. JennyTheShrubber

Aug 7, 2003
    I didn't eat that much, actually. I rarely have an appetite anymore :(

The conversation was fun, though :)

17. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I got to go to this super-nice hotel with some friends...I felt like I could have been on Hapes. If Hapes had a castle by the beach. Now there's a question....what's the geography of the planet?

I must say, I miss my family since I didn't go home, but it was cool to eat in style like Tenel Ka.

18. JadenSkywalker

Apr 9, 2001
    I was just wondering: did it ever annoy you how in Star by Star Tenel Ka was often reffered to as 'Tenel'?

19. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    YES, it did, I think we even talked about it before because it's just so wrong. Her name is Tenel Ka, not just Tenel! The worst thing it that it seems some people have picked up on that and now refer to her as "Tenel."

We should launch a public information campaign about this topic. :p

20. JadenSkywalker

Apr 9, 2001
    NaboosPrincess ? That's a good idea! 8-} I think Tenel sounds weird. Tenel Ka is royal and elegant. Tenel is just demeaning. Does Tenel Ka have a last name? Or is that not part of Hapan or Dathomiri culture?

21. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I don't think the Hapan culture has last names, but Dathomiri witches seem to, because Teneniel's was Djo, and I've seen Tenel Ka being referred to as Tenel Ka Djo. Though I think that is more fanon then canon.

~~Jilly

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I kinda like the idea that her closest friends would call her Tenel, I'd liken it to a term of endearment.

23. JennyTheShrubber

Aug 7, 2003
    I would imagine that she does have a last name, but that she's famous enough to not need to rely on it for identification -- like Cher. ;) In one of the YJK books, she is referred to as Tenel Ka Chume Ta' Djo, which I had thought was a sort of combination of "Ta'a Chume" and "Djo." I have since read, however, that it means "daughter of (the queen) Djo." It makes me wonder what Ta'a Chume's name means :confused:

I would love it if her last name were revealed to be Schickelgrueber, or something similar :p I suppose we could call her Windsor in the meantime. . . .

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I had TK change the laws so she could just take Anakin's last name in my last fic so she wouldn't have to have 20 million last names :p

25. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I think your referring to Destiny's Way, Jaden. :D I remember that cause Troy Denning likes TK and the YJK and knows to not refer to her as just Tenel.

Destiny's Way was the book where she was in the sky blue uniform, and was called "Tenel" --- which grated on my nerves. Hehe~

I think it's funny that she has 89798347589234 last names. (Okay maybe not THAT many MUAHAHA) -- And she's going to get at least one more... that is if she ever gets married. ;) (Let's hope she does.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.