main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Tenel Ka Fanclub!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    MarasFire Does Jaina know Jag was put in charge of the Hapan fleet? *dodges quick* No blasters!

SilSolo It has to do with antioxidants. In hot regions, there's more heat and light, and therefore more oxidation (spoilage). Antioxidants, such as capsaicin, allicin, and lauric acid fix this. The flip side is that oils from the palm family are also more saturated, because saturated fats resist oxidation better than unsaturated ones. (Over 90% of the oil in coconut is saturated.)

Anyway, I like Tenel Ka because she's very matter-of-fact about things. It had to be tough to give her daughter away to the Solos because she knows that being Hapan royalty is a dangerous lifestyle.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I have no earthly idea why she had to give up Allana. Seriously, with JINO gone, all that was left was the nobility-and she dealt with that no problem. Wallbanger, folks!

Also...

An EUC writing contest has been proposed. I'll keep you all updated as it comes in.

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So that explains it. And I found it curious that people who live in hot places around the world all share this in their diet, eg Mexicans, American southerners, Chinese southerners, Africans, Indians, etc.

4. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    I have no earthly idea why she had to give up Allana. Seriously, with JINO gone, all that was left was the nobility-and she dealt with that no problem. Wallbanger, folks!

Consider her grandmother and that's all you need to know about Hapan nobility. The Djos are the exception apparently; otherwise, regicide is at the core of the Hapan monarchy.

JINO would simply try to convert mother and daughter to the dark side, then convert the rest of his family, probably ending with Jaina and Luke, the two who have experience with the dark side. Then JINO would set about trying to revive Anakin.

Of course, JINO wouldn't have any success, since both Tenel Ka and Allana were disgusted by him.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I know all about Grammy nutjob, Iktomi. If she could survive her, the rest would be child's play.

6. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Yeah, but I think it's a "no risk risking it" thing. With Han and Leia, she has Noghri guarding her. Though I doubt TPTB will remember it.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't recall a single mention of Noghri. Besides, considering how nerfed they've been over the years...

Sorry, but I can't buy it.

8. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    The Noghri are like Luke: You're wondering where the Sith they are if they don't show up. Unfortunately, just like how we can't have "Luke uses the Force to end the conflict in the first hundred pages.", the repeated kidnappings of Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin show how TPTB didn't bother to read each other's books in the Bantam era.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Better kidnappings than two of them dead and the other headed to the mono-dimensional Moff. *Murders Jagged Fel* :mad::mad:[face_skull]

10. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    A monodimensional Emperor. Maybe she finds the dark side sexy. The Empire will always be associated with the dark side, and her other two boyfriends were both former Sith.

Yeah, I preferred Jaina with Zekk. And I liked Jacen in YJK, but then Del Rey got hold of him. (To be fair, him having mental issues is justifiable, when you consider he was two years old when he first took up a lightsaber.)

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    How does holding a lightsaber at age two contribute to anything like that? :confused:

I prefer Jaina with Zekk, Anakin with Tahiri, Jacen with Tenel Ka, Mara alive... the post-YJK some bad dream, basically. With Tenel Ka conforting Jacen after waking up from the nightmare.

12. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    How does holding a lightsaber at age two contribute to anything like that? :confused:

I was more thinking of having to fight off sithspawn. Which can scar a kid.

]I prefer Jaina with Zekk, Anakin with Tahiri, Jacen with Tenel Ka, Mara alive... the post-YJK some bad dream, basically. With Tenel Ka conforting Jacen after waking up from the nightmare.

I did the same thing, but it was Luke who had a bad dream, but, seeing Mara walk out of the shower, he was inspired to make one part of his dream a reality.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I wonder what he would've remembered at that age... and yeah, lol. Those two with kids would've been nice.

I wonder if Tenel Ka would've liked to babysit Ben. [face_thinking]

14. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    I'm sure she could've. I figure Dathomiris are all about extended family, like most societies, and we know Hapans are. On top of that, she's royalty, which is all about the extended family. So if she's romantically involved with Jacen (and it's fair to say even in YJK that was the way they were going), she'd have to know his family, including the Skywalkers.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, yeah. At the end of the YJK, those two were headed for marital bliss. *Curses Del Rey to the sky* Aunt Tenel? Aww...

Anyone else here? :p

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    [image=http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/therewster1996/250px-TenelKa.png]

=P~

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_love] [face_love] =P~

The picture from the new Atlas. About damned time we get some new art for her. :D :D :D :D

18. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    It would be cute. But it depends on if the two can keep the assassins at bay. Ta'a Chume would probably prefer one of her illegitimate sons on the throne instead of a Jedi dynasty.

Oh well, with a little more character development with the twins, Ben can cement the bond between the Skysolos and the Hapan royals by marrying one of them.

19. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I wonder what Ta'a Chume would think of Darth Caedus. [face_thinking]

In other news, TK still isn't making an appearance in FOTJ, but has a wonderful picture in the Atlas. :)

20. Master_Drock

Master_Drock Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2008
    I'm too the point where I almost wish they would do something like that, even though I know it will never happen. Over the last 8 or 9 years all the stuff that has been created about the era after the movies has come close to be ruining the Extended Universe for me. Some things I feel are now irreversibly messed up. Even if they have to go as far as to pull a "Dallas" and have Luke wake up and have everything from the New Jedi Order series onward be all a bad dream that would be preferable to me at this point. [face_tired]

21. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Is this an icon yet? :p

I love Tenel Ka. I think she's one of the only characters who I feel has been consistently awesome. She always sticks by those she loves and somehow (IMO) always manages to do the right thing in the toughest of circumstances.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Welcome, Yane. An icon of that would rock, yes. :D And good reasons for liking her. She is awesome.

23. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    The icon's out... and I got it, but you guys can have it too. [face_mischief]

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I got it, too. [face_love]=P~

25. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    awesome avvy there. I don't take anything past Allana's birth as canon. Or should it be I don't take anything past her existence as canon? I just can't be bothered to read anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.