main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Tenel Ka Fanclub!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That's part of the reason why I don't read FOTJ. :p

Sooo... has anyone here seen a good fanfic involving TK and gender benders or body switches?

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Wait... what? o_O Body switching or gender bending? Dare I ask why, Sil?

3. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I just like that kinda stuff. Wake up in someone else's body and wreak havoc for a day before returning to normal self. Or what would SW have been like if Jacen was the girl and TK was the boy?

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    If Jacen was the girl and TK was the boy/ It'd be a somewhat more 'traditional' romance, methinks. ;)

I think I wrote a fic once where Jacen and Jaina switched bodies...

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    oooh that would be interesting to read, methinks.

I guess it would be more traditional if the genders were switched for Jacen and TK.

I guess if TK were a boy, Teneniel probably wouldn't have bothered with all of the Dathomiri stuff, and then the main parental influence would be Isolder. Ta'a Chume would keep trying to get him with girls that she favors politically and the reason for attending Jedi Academy would be changed to 'get away from all of these Hapan girls'. Would still do some physical training, but not be as strict about it. And due to not being raised as a Dathomiri witch, he'd probably be a tad more careful about the lightsaber and not have it blow up. Ta'a Chume might not be as likely to poison Teneniel, as she would probably think that it's easier to marry off the grandson to a noblewoman and let that woman get rid of Teneniel.

As for Jacen, I guess things wouldn't be that different, only no Caedus.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm, it's buried deep in my posts, and put up in a challenge thread. Still, if you'd like me to search for it...

Ooh, nice. :)

Anyone else a fan of Tenel Ka? Don't be shy! :D

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    After finishing Backlash, still no Tenel Ka in the Fate of the Jedi series. :oops:

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    [face_tired]:rolleyes: How stupid.

9. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Bump! :D

Just wanted to share something I made for Dragon*Con this year (it was a couple weekends ago). I brought a couple Tenel Ka costumes and got some pictures with other EU characters which I'm still working on getting online (I am so slow with these things, hehe), but I got some shots of my lightsaber (and details on what I did) up on deviantArt. I figured this thread needed a bump and TK needs more <3!

I wish she would show up in the new books. :\

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    So do I. :(

Got links for your costumes?

11. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So far I only have the pictures of the lightsaber up, which are here: http://fav.me/d2ylray (the last post had a link to it, but it's the same color as all the other text on my screen so it doesn't show up for me :()

And then some shots of the Jedi Strike Team (Star by Star) group we had here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ereneda/sets/72157624952367238/ :D

I still have pictures of the Queen Mother outfit I put together (also with Caedus, Tahiri and Ben XD) and then this other sort of warrior queen outfit (sort of a royalty-that-can-still-fight kind of thing ;D) too that I need to get online. I'll hopefully have some more of those pictures up tonight!

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh, that is a pretty lightsaber. :D I love the jewel... buttons?

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    all of the lightsabers are gorgeous.

I hope I don't get into trouble for what I'm about to ask you all next :p

As we all know, JINO is dead (and the real Jacen is immortal in our fanworlds) and TK is single still in the books. And the bastard just had to kill her father, but oh wait, she's not the only one who lost something in this. So did Tahiri after getting tricked and whatnot. Both were victims of JINO later on. Both TK and Tahiri have dated Solo boys and lost a huge lot. I bet, they could make a perfect couple. Tenelhiri. What do you think?

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm... I could see it, yeah. They've both been deeply wounded and are hurting by the same man.

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    The idea first got into my head when I read one of ValleyLord's fanfics awhile back. Their personalities, I think, would be interesting if put together and Tahiri would be definitely refreshing compared to Tenel Ka's usual lot of noble suitors, I think. At this point in canon, probably totally scandalous in Hapan eyes due to Tahiri's history with the law, but still would be an interesting pairing to write or draw (and unfortunately, not posted here).

I thought about the fanclubs that I'm in and fanfics that I've read and noticed that for most of the even remotely big characters, there's always the same usual main pairing(s), usually in the singular, with a few good crack ones. I think I might've seen a Tenel KaXJaina (also a great pairing, I think) at one point, but never a Tenelhiri one. But since I haven't seriously gone thru non-anime fanfics in awhile and don't go on SW sites aside from this one, I might've missed some.

I still support the good old J/TK (if it's done right, with no JINO), don't like the idea of her with some nameless Hapan noble, but at the same time, still want to explore some other possible pairings for our queen.

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Bah, I don't think TK cares what the nobles think. ;) Heck, i could see her offering shelter to Tahiri after the whole trial thing in FOTJ and their relationship going from there.

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    lmao that makes the relationship even more perfect. And to add to the humor aspect, I suppose some Hapan noble could figure it out and suddenly, BAM! Now TK has a pack of fangirls as well as fanboys in that garden trying to break them up, which doesn't happen :p

18. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Not going to happen in the EU. I'd write the femslash, but I can't wait to read Conviction for some reason. Also, I don't like the "femslash of girls who dated brothers" because every time I read it, my mind goes into brother slash. I did after all, write the Sister Ship trope on TV Tropes. (Inspired primarily by the popular clique of Degrassi: The Next Generation, circa season 3. And algebra: If x=y then f(x)=f(y).)

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, Iktmoi, since I don't read the EU anymore, I don't care if it would or wouldn't happen. ;) :p

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm with Striker on this one. I don't read the books anymore, either, and I also don't care what they're going to put in the said books. LOL @ the algebra part.

I think I've seen some good Jacen/Anakin stories around, too.

But no, TTK, for me, is like a great top crack pairing. I've yet to see someone draw or write it, though I've attempted to doodle it once or twice. Given their personalities and histories aside from the part where they dated Solo brothers, I think they'd make an interesting mix.

Both have been vastly different from everyone else in the galaxy since NJO, Tahiri due to getting shaped and Tenel Ka due to being forced to ascend to the Hapan throne. Both are closely related to dessert-dwelling people.

Perhaps the relationship can truly start when, after Tenel Ka offers Tahiri sanctuary, Tahiri joins the queen for a work-out and due to her ability to embrace pain, she asks for more, even though the exercises are already strenuous.

21. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    I didn't say it wouldn't be hot, but when I ship, it's more than hotness. I'm straight, but several slash ships have intrigued me over the years.

(Isn't TV Tropes fun?)

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    It's more than hotness for the pairings that I like as well. For Tenel Ka and Tahiri, it's more about the emotional side and the chemistry than the UST. I've embraced the side of me that likes other girls, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I like all kinds of pairings when they're done well.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Agreeing with Sil, here. Yes, hot. But also cathartic and therapeutic for the two ladies as well. They need healing at this point.

And Iktomi, I see you too have fallen down the tvtropes rabbit hole. Ever been able to climb up? ;)

24. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Oh, I thought it was just "Les yay, rare as it is in the EU, is hot; ho yay, as common as it is in the EU (I won't give examples, that being a bit of a wedge issue among the mods.), is squick." You know, typical male reaction.

But you have to remember that after Invincible, you can't mention Tahiri around me without my mind going straight to her hand in Ben's underwear. Really, Troy?

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, Iktomi, but I 'ship Jack Harkness/Ianto Jones from Torchwood and find Kunzite/Zoicite from Sailor Moon to be rather cute. :p

Would Tahiri/Tenel Ka be 'hot'? Yeah, no denying. But also potentially good character development for the pair and some well-deserved happiness for the two as well.

EDIT:

And yes, that scene with Ben and Tahiri in Invincible is one of the MANY reasons I hate Troy Denning's SW novels. All. Of. Them. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.