main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Tenel Ka Fanclub!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Indeed.

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    This is really random. I left my ipod on and when it eventually started playing "My heart will go on", I imagined Tenel Ka throwing that shell necklace from YJK into the ocean.

3. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    On this page for two seconds, and my heart already hurts.

Speaking of character development and poorly written novels, I just hope they don't do to Allana what they did to Tenel Ka and Jacen. It's like what I said about the authors in another thread:

"Oh hey guys, we're going to dedicate an entire series to her life, let you watch her grow up all sweet and innocent in a world where good always triumphs and the main protagonists aren't supposed to die, and then we're going to destroy everything in her life, turn Star Wars into a dark desolate place, and let you watch as she tragically turns into a Sith lord."

Granted, they could do worse... they could do to her what they did to Vima Sunrider, and not depict the majority of her life because they spent so much time developing her mother.

Star Wars really should belong to the fans. I mean really. I've seen better plot developments and greater writing skills from many of the people that occupy these boards. I can name a handful of amateur authors far better than the professional authors that don't know Star Wars, and don't know the fans, but are commissioned to write Star Wars novels anyway.

4. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Male Tenel Ka...original idea. [face_thinking] But I not against honour about such prince.:)

I too did not want to Allana has repeated the fate of their own parents. But that authors now try to justify the Jacen's death, this much distresses. Additionally in a complicated way accuse the authors if all of a plot moves are beforehand discussed. :(

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I wanna see Tenel Ka ponyfied...

Adrian the Cool likes this.
  6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I think what they did with Jacen is like badly written fanfiction in many ways. I just love it when authors villify to the extreme the character(s) that they dislike to the point where it's not only extremely out of character and one dimensional, but also dead boring.

As for male Tenel Ka... I just don't see him being that similar to Tenel Ka beyond the looks and basic personality aspects as I've also bent Isolder, which should have some impact on Hapan history and I can't see why a boy would like Dathomiri culture that much.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Is anyone else looking forward to seeing Tenel Ka in the new story "Good Hunting" which comes out next Tuesday in the SW Insider?

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    So... how was good Hunting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.