main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official Terragen question/discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Anonymous_Jedi, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sputniko

Sputniko Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2000
    As I said, I have tried everything...all settings are on the highest/best. Its not at all that simple! I havent forgot to slide a setting to the right...its much more serious than that.

Need help!

2. MasterYodaSkywalker

MasterYodaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    If possible, can you put a screenshot of what your renders look like? That may help some of us to remedy your problem.

-MYS

3. Sputniko

Sputniko Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2000
    I will get a "new" computer tommorow, so I will try Terragen on that and see if the problems dissippear. I will return if the problem remains.

4. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    I have said before you can e-mail me your files and I will be happy to have a look.

pete@ukwriters.net

Pete

5. MasterYodaSkywalker

MasterYodaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Umm.. not that anyone cares, but I created a very (emphasis "very) basic Terragan tutorial that shows you the ropes in making a render. It's really for those who don't want to figure it out themselves. :D

It's at my website in my signature.

-MYS

6. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I was just wondering if our good friend, and Master Terragen User, Ptx, (or anyonje else for that matter) has had a chance to create any additional tutorials getting the most out of Teragen.

Of specific interest, I believe, would be:

1. Creating a Terragen landscape for use in an animation (MAX, LW, EI, MAYA, etc.)

2. Customizing your Terragen Landscape, for creation of canyons, ravines, valleys, volcanoes, etc.

(Feel free to add to the list with any additional suggestions).

Personally, importing a Teragen creation into MAX (for instance) is one of the things I want to knwo how to do -
    if it can be done at all, that is.

JediTAC

7. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    TAC, it can be done, but not well. It'll import the terrain, but no textures, no water, nothing. What you do, is export the terrain to a LWO format from Terragen, then use a converter on it. However, everytime I tried it, it gave me a "Invalid file type" error, but that might be my converter.

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Where the flip is the Ter2Blend file? I cannot find it anywhere! :(

¤Night

9. sqerl

sqerl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    Sputniko
    I get the same problem you do.. no matter how far right the sliders are, my renders all look about the same... all pixel-ly and jagged... (is pixelly a word? - well it is now.)

I will try it on my home machine as opposed to my laptop here at work... will update after I see what happens.

(and I'll send Pete as many files as he wants if it doesn't work!:D)

10. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Shoot, Night, the site seems to be down.

I wish there was something that could be done!

:_|

11. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    oops, i got it Eagle, RPG transfered it to me :) Thanks for checking though! :D

¤Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.