main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official TFN Archive Thread: Jan update!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by TFN_Archive_Sock, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Hey, thanks!!

2. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Hey all, I posted an application to be a reviewer, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm just saying...

3. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I think the editors are hoping to collect as broad a selection as they can before making final decisions; I kind of suspect, myself, that since they mentioned "the end of August," most of the applications won't show up before the third week thereof. *ducks*

4. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    That's cool. I wasn't complaining, just merely saying that my application had been turned in. ;) I would love to have the job, though. I enjoy reading fan fic. *nod nod wink wink*

5. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Yep, we're hoping to bring in a few people (ideally) at the same time because newbs tend to have a lot of questions and someone may ask a question that another may not think to ask but really needs the answer to. It's just smoother. :)

So, we'll probably be letting the people we've chosen know around the same time. And PK's right. I don't know if I've mentioned here (I know I have elsewhere), but, yes, August (end of summer-ish) is looking to be around the time we'd really like to get everyone we can on board. This is more a personal thing for me, since I'm going back to school and I'd like to get everything settled beforehand. I'm sure the other editors are less concerned because they're all adults and, you know, have real jobs and stuff. :p

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but people that have submitted before, especially, say, about six months ago or later, and weren't chosen then (the last reviewers were PK's group, in Feb 07! eeep) or didn't hear anything back, you're welcome to submit again. Especially if you can improve upon your previous app :)

6. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    Thanks for the update. Like I said, no hurry. I'm not going anywhere, as I'm stuck here in Baghdad. That's actually why I volunteered in the first place. There's not much to do at night, so reading submitted fan fic on my lap top would fill that void nicely. Again, thanks for the clarification.

7. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Still looking for a few good ficcers to apply as reviewers, so *bump*

To help, I'll even give you the answers to the exercise:

1. True
    2. False
    3. B
    4. D
    5. 85

:D

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wait a minute...

9. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    [image=http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w209/Trick_arrow/Gags/ITSATRAP.jpg]

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I still want to know if we can get extra credit for noticing the thanks-for-applying message has a misspelling. What perfectionist person spelled received recieved?

11. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hahaha.

No.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    But it shows that we're extra-special reviewer candidates!

13. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    While for obvious reasons your reaction to post-application messages cannot be included in your application itself, we will take it into consideration if you lost hair over discovering the typo. Sadly, we lack the ability to edit many of the official messages relating to the Archive, a frequent source of frustration. If you mail us the lock of hair with any attached bits of scalp, however, we will send a Band-Aid to the supplied return address. Please use appropriate biohazard procedures for shipping and labeling.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ROFL, you win the prize for best reviewer rebate response.

15. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Don't even ASK how long it took to get the story acceptance letter beta'd into something acceptable.

:oops:

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, my application is in and there are 498 words of comment on 101 words. Hope you guys enjoy mine.

17. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    You accept the acceptance, but who deems your acceptance acceptance acceptable?

18. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
  19. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    This is actual very trivial, but I was just curious and I'm bored, so I'll ask. Do Archive Reviewers get VIP colors and a title here on the boards?

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Nope. Reviewers are greatly appreciated, but they're not considered official TF.N staff. Editors are, therefore they get VIP status. :)

21. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    So after you're a reviewer, you can move up to Supreme Editor status?

22. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Yes, but once an incumbent editor is out of office.

This usually requires a battle to the death, however. Well, typically. Gabri surrendered to my mercy rather than death. But we were using nerf bats so the whole thing just got rather tedious by the end, especially since there was no good way to deliver the killing blow. [face_thinking]

23. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I was going to fight to the death despite the difficulty of doing so with nerf bats, but then I realized that if I yielded, Atty would have to code all the stories from then on. [face_devil]

24. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    Nerf bats? Is that what a nerf herder...uhhh...herds? Oh, you mean those wonderfully soft bats from my youth...gotcha. Cool!

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    What about the ages-old tradition of killing off someone higher up the scale and blaming it on a disgruntled spice miner on the moons of Naboo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.