main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official The Clone Wars DVD/Video Games Countdown

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ObiWanJedi93, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Alright Star Wars fans, a new Star Wars DVD is coming out next week (as you all should know!) And as do the Clone Wars video games, which I will be getting both along with the DVD. I also have no school Nov. 11, as it is Vets. Day. Even more awesome! So, let us just discuss what Clone Wars version you are getting (single disc, 2- disc, etc...) I am getting the 2-Disc (not Blu-Ray).

So, let us discuss!

MTFBWY!!

2. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Can't say I'm overly excited. Even if the Clone Wars series so far have been excellent the movie was really not that good at all, in fact, I thought it sucked. And I have really low expectations for the video game seeing it is Krome who develops it, the guys behind the horrible Wii/PS2 port of The Force Unleashed, in addition it feels like something made to cash in on the movie/series rather than a game they have put time into. But who knows, I will probably rent it over a weekend, if only to be able to play as Kit Fisto and Genral Grievous ^^

3. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    I'll be getting the Best Buy version (Metal case + Rex = AWESOMESAUSE)

And maybe the Wii game.
    I'll wait to see if the DS game is worth fifty bucks, right now I've my eye on Crono Trigger.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Im getting the two disk and the ds game, I need to save up 4 the Wii game

5. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I'm sure I'll be getting the 2-Disc Special Edition. Definitely going to want to see all of the behind the scenes footage! I'm glad this got moved up a week from the original November 18th release date.

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm getting Lightsaber Duels, for the many cool Jedi around. Going through single player and the whole list will occupy me for a month or so...playing as Plo, remembering his lines and mastering him might keep me busy for another three months. XD

7. thx2610

thx2610 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2008
    I live in Australia so I have to wait another month :(

When it comes out I want to get both the Bluray and the 2 disc edition. Just for the heck of matching it with the rest of my dvd collection, and because it will look seriously nice on bluray.

I wonder what the Special features will include???? Oh, and who can't wait for the series to be finished on TV and released onto DVD?

8. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    I'll be getting the 2-disc Target Exclusive DVD. I'm still not sure about Lightsaber Duels, but since TFU didn't fulfill my dueling needs, I will definitley give it a look, but I'll proably wait til it's down to $20. If Jedi Alliance is anything like Jedi Power Battles, I'll get that , casue Power Battles was awesome. And CloneCaptainREx, since when are DS games $50?, they're 45 at the most, but almost all are 40 or less. Although you're totally right about Chrono Trigger.

9. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    does anyone know if the movie will be with the first season set? in a way that makes sense but then the movie dvd would be a complete waste of $$

if they are going to include it, i can wait

10. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Nothing has been announced about a season 1 boxset, but I highly doubt the movie will be in it. Warner Bros. wants money, so why have people get both at once, when you can overprice each and have people buy both? I suppose it could happen, thouhg, Anything is possible.

11. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm getting the Blu-Ray, don't know if I'll get the regular or Target exclusive with the Commander Fox cover. I'll get Lightsaber Duels when I get a Wii.

12. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    Why does everyone like the Target version so much?

It doesn't look very good, having the clone in the EXTREME FOREGROUND while the jedi are in the farfar background.

And, yes, up here, DS games are $45-50 except at EB games and Gamestop.

13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'll be getting the Blu-ray disc, probably just the regular version (not much interest in the clones). Not sure where, but I'll probably be getting it in the first week. Its nowhere near as great any of the OT, but the movie was still at least on par with most of the prequels, so I'll be glad to see it in hi-def at home. Not to mention, now I can skip to all my favorite parts.

14. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Most people like it because the standard version with just Anakin stinks, and the Best Buy exclusive, while cool, doesn't fit in with the other movies as well. While I'd prefer to not have the clones in the forefront, I can live with it, sinc it is the Clone Wars, and it has the movie poster on it at least somewhere.

15. Karachi_Kenja

Karachi_Kenja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2006
    Not getting the Wii and DS Games since I have neither of those consoles.

As for the DVD... I don't know what I'm goin to get since I'm uninformed of what will be available... most likely a 2 disc version IF they have one.

:_| I have to wait till Dec. 18 for the DVD to be released...

AND I still have to wait... 11 days before 'Ambush' and 'Rising Malevolence' premiere over here :)

16. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^ Yes, they will have a 2 disc version of the DVD, which I will be purchasing in a mere few hours. I'll ALSO be purchasing lightsaber duels at the same time seeing as I just beat The Force Unleashed.

17. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I like the single disc artwork the best, but I want the 2 disc set. I'm not going to buy the single disc as well just for the artwork. When you compare the target cover to the one with just anakin, the target one looks way better. Also, the target set came with the free comic book.

18. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    The double disc set's lousy cover is much better in person, it changes to Vetress when you tilt it. And best of all, the Anakin/Asajj cover is just a slip cover, the single disc cover is underneath, I believe.

19. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Yeah, I noticed that about the standard 2-disc cover. Don't like Ventress though, so it didn't chnage my mind much. Crap, though, if the 2-disc cover, without the slip case, is the single disc cover, I'm gonna be really ticked off. At least Target came with a comic, but still.

20. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    they need to do a game for PS3 and X-box. While the duels game is obviously perfect for the Wii, It would be awesome if they did a Clone Wars game in the Style of The Force unleashed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.