main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Check it.

I didn't see a thread discussing this (re-direct me if there is one) and thought it was worth conversation.

Yeah, yeah, this is in reference to the TV show, not actual literature, but, according to this, she's Anakin Skywalker's Padawan?! But this is a huge EU reveal that should have some ramifications on future literature (see, this thread is literature-relevant).

This is an interesting concept...man, I wish this show would hurry up and come out.

2. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Now that is a darn interesting twist. Certainly many have asked "why didn't Anakin take a padawan of his own?"

Apparently he did. Though that doesn't bode well for her final fate within the show, since if he'd succeeded in training her to Knighthood (unlikely given that Anakin was only a Jedi Knight for a year or two), wouldn't he have already been a "Jedi Master?" Very interesting indeed...I'd always assumed that Anakin was too self-absorbed to devote himself to teaching another.

Though I suppose it's possible that he eventually "hands off" her training to someone better-suited, rather than her becoming a sacrificial lamb to the plot.

Still, this is likely to be a continuity mess of fairly sizable proportions. ;)

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Definitely. Biggest question that will probably pop up, where was she before now? I've always wondered how Anakin would do as a master, I guess now we'll find out.

4. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    What the hell? You'd think if Anakin had had a Padawan we'd have noticed by now. ***damn I dread these tv shows.

5. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Where was she before now, and why wasn't she at all mentioned or thought about in the time after her "disappearance?"

I can't imagine that losing or "failing" a Padawan isn't something that would've had a profound impact on Anakin. If nothing else it would have been something that the Council or Obi-Wan would likely have reminded him of when he's whining about why he's not a Jedi Master already.

Of course, wasn't one of the writers of the show the one that gave us the "George told me not to worry so much about the continuity" quote?

I'm thinking this may well turn out to be the straw that breaks the camel's back between the literary EU and the Lucasfilm-Produced Universe.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    AHSOKA IS THE SECRET APPRENTICE!

Cough.

Anyway, moving on....

I like this development, personally. It's pretty cool. Whether it'll be a blight on continuity remains to be seen... though, I don't know, I guess I didn't see Anakin as the sort who had ever taught anyone in his life as of RotS.

Interesting. And hey, by the end of the show, at least we'll know if there's a reboot in the works or not. George Lucas already told the creators to "forget what they'd been told" about the Jedi, so... *shrug*

I think you're probably right.

7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The only thing I can think of at the moment is that he didn't lose his Padawan. Perhaps she was still his Padawan even as of RotS.

8. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Unless she's Anakin's padawan for only one episode (which quite frankly, I could see them doing), she's definitely a continuity bomb just waiting to explode. Probably like the rest of this show.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    ....huh?

This isn't something that you just throw in there... that would have made him a Master. Gah.

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I don't really like this. Another character who was there all along for significant part of important events apparently, but never seen or mentioned before. Is Ahsoka the new Corran Horn?[face_mischief]

So, he gets her as a Padawan after Jedi Trial and she must probably be dead, disappeared, captured by the Separatists or resigned from the Jedi Order by Labyrinth of Evil?:confused:

Ahsoka is apparently named after the Indian Buddhist Emperor Ashoka(about 273/268-232 BCE).

11. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Has it been confirmed that that's Shaak Ti we see in Force Unleashed? I think it probably is, but that could have been a cool way to play out Ahsoka. "His old Padawan returned to destroy her gone-evil Master".

EDIT: And I don't think this will be the straw that breaks the EU back... I mean, dang people, if they could work out Boba being a clone all this time, they can think of something. i still have faith in a Unified EU :)

12. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    But then it doesn't make any sense as to why she's not around at all, or mentioned. Or even thought about (in the RotS novel, for example).

If she were his Padawan circa-RotS, shouldn't she have been accompanying Anakin and Obi-Wan on their campaigns?

If he's got one more person in the Jedi Order that he (presumably) trusts and likes besides Obi-Wan, shouldn't the name at least pop into his head at some point before he goes on his killing spree?

Watch, they're going to retcon her into one of his Temple-assault victims....

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yet we all know how Anakin gets close to people...and never mentions her again. o_O

14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Unless....

Perhaps he's not her Master, but her new Master? One of those cases where the old Master died and he's teaching her for now?

15. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    This may be the sign for a reboot, that means I bought my NJO and LOTF books for nothing? [face_plain]

I was thinking maybe Ahsoka wants to be Anakin´s padawan ,thats why she try too hard, and Anakin dont want her. I dont know it may be a possibility [face_peace]

16. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, that's a possibility, certainly. He could be a "temp" master, just like Ki-Adi-Mundi was to him when Obi-Wan was thought dead. That's about the only reasonably continuity-safe explanation I could think of.

But I really don't think that's the case. I have a gut feeling that she's meant to be a regular on the show.

Or yeah, she wants to be Anakin's Padawan but he isn't having it, but the way that it's phrased in the article makes it sound like it's a done deal.

The main reason I think this is more of a continuity-bomb than Fett-as-a-clone is simple: She's a direct (and important) link to the central character of the saga, if she is indeed his Padawan. It casts Anakin Skywalker in a significantly different light, and requires an explanation as to why she hasn't turned up in any of the other late Clone-Wars media.

17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    She could be a regular and still be a temporary apprentice. If Obi-Wan had died, then Anakin probably would have stuck around with Ki-Adi-Mundi for a while.

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Maybe he's training her in secret, and that's why he's not made Master? Maybe like Qui-Gon said he'd train Anakin even if the Council didn't allow it? Like maybe she was going to be sent to the Agricorps or something?

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    "This young Togruta is eager to prove herself as a worthy Padawan to her bold Master, Anakin Skywalker. Able to wield a lightsaber and pilot a spacecraft with great talent, Ahsoka promises to become a worthy Jedi."

Doesn't sound like it. Those with talent and promise like that aren't usually sent away, especially during wartime.

20. DarkScythe

DarkScythe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    That's an interesting take.

I just hope they don't go with him completing her training and him still not being made a master and that's why he was so cheesed at the council when they wouldn't make him one. Not just because he was on the council but not a master but also because he'd already done what was required to be a master and was still being held back.

21. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Also possible, though I can't imagine he could keep something like that from Obi-Wan, and still wouldn't explain her complete lack of presence and/or connection/importance to Anakin later on.

22. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    It would have made him Ahsoka's master, not a Jedi Master. Big difference.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, retconning why he NEVER thinks about her will be something to behold... [face_plain]

It would also make the Council look even more like arses since he'd technically done enough to train someone and still not made Master.

24. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I wouldn't be expecting a reboot because of this. One Padawan should be able to be put in there somehow, with few good excuses for why she isn't any of the previously existing works. But if they give Boba Fett a totally different backstory in the Live TV show, no time on Concord Dawn, no marriage, no daughter... Then the EU would be in big trouble. LotF would be Infinities.

GL seems to be the biggest enemy of his own franchise empire.

25. Jmacq1

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, though that could play into the "forget what you know about the Jedi" comment, too. But still, it certainly casts the Council in an even worse light if that turns out to be the case. Or at least gives Anakin's indignance a bit more justification, even if it simultaneously still shows why he's not yet emotionally mature enough to be a Jedi Master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.