main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    EU purists will have to, since it's pure EU. :-D

2. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I can't remember anymore how I found these, but the first pic might shed some light on the 'Padawan' situation:

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Nice. Sounds like an interesting game.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm... my initial feeling is to be worried. A few minutes later I realise the Clone Wars is already confusing enough that this isn't necessarily going to create anymore of a mess than we already have with things like Nevaan or what happened during the siege of Coruscant.

I have to say I'd love it if the reason she wasn't with Anakin for long was because the Council took her away from him after deciding he wasn't fit to be a master yet, say because he was too reckless with her or something. That would fit quite nicely with their attitude towards his maturity and fitness to being a Master. Though I admit I doubt it'd happen, as it'd mean really making Anakin out as a jerk big time.

5. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    This is shocking news? Like JSarek, I've known for months that Ashoka was going to be Anakin's padawan, even if I can't recall why I know it.

And having a padawan doesn't make you a Jedi Master - see Kenobi, he spent 10+ years training Anakin, and didn't get to be a Jedi Master until shortly before ROTS. You have to complete the training, and if there's one thing Anakin's bad at, it's bringing things to completion.

EDIT: As for "this is the death of the EU as we know it!". Sheesh, get a grip.

6. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I'm sorry, but it must be said...

"Clone Wars Cartoon.....with ANAKIN'S PADAWAN!?!!?"

"Will the 3D Series change everything!?"

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I hope it's something juicy like the Council sends her off on her own or without him and it gets her killed thus wracking up another mark against them in his eyes. [face_mischief] I just can't get enough marks against the Council. [face_praying]

8. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Re: the topic.
    Pfeh. This isn't nearly as big a mess as it could be. It's still a bit of a mess, but not a big one.

I'm more interested as to who "Captain Rex" will turn out to be.

9. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I don't think this is a mess, at all, or "The End of established EU". I don't know where QuentinGeorge and RJSarek get their magical intuition, but this WAS news to me. :p But I think it's cool. I'm excited to see where it goes as I am with all EU. New stories to tell in the GFFA and that's always a good thing.

10. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    I'm perfectly fine with the idea of Anakin having a padawan (see my first post). I think anything that might give viewers a chance to see Anakin as anything but a whiny obsessive manchild is a good thing.

But it's still a continuity mess that's going to require one heck of a Jedi mind trick to reconcile unless it's handled in a pretty specific manner (which I'm not counting on in the least). The "explanations" and retcons we get will be straining credulity to their absolute limits otherwise.

Unless of course she shows up in the RotS Special Edition, coming soon to a theater near you!

But on a more serious note, while this alone might not wreck the EU, add a few more such retcons here, and a few more there, and then a whole new pile of them when the live-action series hits, and you may as well just face facts and admit that it's gonna be broken sooner or later. Lucas has made it perfectly clear many times that he doesn't really pay any attention to the EU (beyond the money it makes him, of course), so he's not giving any thought to what he might end up "changing" with these new shows. Sooner or later he's going to change something that can't be handwaved away.

11. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Actually I think it was mention that Ahsoka was to be Anakins Padawon a few months ago but that it was a mistake and removed from the "offical Star Wars site"

12. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I think it will be more of a he chose her as his Paddy and then didn't have time to train her. She probably falls in behind others for support. I don't think Obi-wan would question anyone on how to train someone.

13. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Um didn't you already state that on the last page????

14. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    sorry...I had it left up and thought I didn't post it.

15. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    You're not crazy. Anakin having a Padawan has been a known since a spoiler report from March 19 of last year from a presentation done at the Presidio. It was originally at this link, but seems to have been removed.

That spoiler report read:

First episode will focus on Anakin and Obi-Wan versus Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress. Anakin has a young Padawan: a red Twilek girl. The plot of the first episode revolved around the Jedi trying to rescue Jabba the Hutt's son from Separatist forces.

That report has pretty much been validated since we've seen, from various sources: Ahsoka and her relationship with Anakin (the spy understandably confused her with a Twilek), Jabba's palace can be seen in the trailer, a Lego figure of a baby Hutt called Rotta has been revealed, etc.)

16. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Yeah, besides the picture this isn't news. Lucas mentioned Anakin having a padawan in an interview awhile back.
    EDIT; like he said.

17. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    So not only does Anakin have a Padawan but now we have a son of Jabba to account for!?

18. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    So many new important characters. [face_hypnotized]

19. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    So you think that she's not really that young, but rather under the rejuvenating influence of the Skywalker... err, never mind.

[face_beatup]

20. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    ...ugh.

I really hope that's not the way it'll go down. Having an apprentice for an episode or two, okay. But for longer than that? And/or having her die? As rhonderoo says, it'll be hard to retcon why he never thinks of her, and so much of his characterisation in ROTS depends on him still being young, convinced no one gives him a chance. Never mind making the council look like asses (because if he didn't train her to knighthood, it wouldn't be grounds for granting him the title of master), it makes Anakin look like a giant ass because it means he was given that chance.

It's weird. Because as much as I can see Anakin Skywalker's many personality flaws, I actually see him being a really good master. Anakin takes care of his own people, and would have none of his problems about chaffing against authority when he was the authority.

Which is why I hope he doesn't get the chance to do that. Because I think it would have a positive effect on his personality I'm not seeing in ROTS. Which means either he's regressed (a real shame) or they can't handle his training of her like that. And if he trains her terribly then...well that's yet another WHY ARE YOU JEDI SO BLIND TO ANAKIN'S ISSUES *headdesk* moment.

Ugh. Just a problem waiting to happen. I hope it's like Anakin himself and Ki-Adi. Or she goes to train with someone else.

Besides, Anakin wasn't a knight for very long before ROTS, was he? Like...six months or something? I'm not well up on continuity of that era, but it was pretty darned brief, I think?

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm... beccatoria you make a good point about how Anakin would actually probably be a good master. Having had time to think it through, I suppose he did come through for Luke in the end, so he wasn't that bad to the people who depended on him...well, except when he choked them to death. I suppose it might be nice if she gets killed by Grievous/Asajj/Dooku, pushing Anakin another step towards the dark side and giving him one more reason to hate Dooku and want to kill him. I could see Palpatine bending the whole situation to his advantage.

Hmm... thats a thought. I think I'm going to pretend she was on the Invisible Hand with them and that the deleted scene where Grievous kills Shaak Ti was actually Ahsoka. :p

22. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It's definitely Shaak Ti in TFU. That's been confirmed in several places.

It doesn't make sense for Ahsoka to be in TFU, anyway, since that'd be seen as restricting Clone Wars. She could be in there, but it's highly unlikely.

23. ixoyefreak

ixoyefreak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Her lightsaber looks a LOT like anakin's from ROTS

24. Skullfire

Skullfire Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2008
    I can see this becoming a real problem for the EU. It's not just the introduction of this new padawan though - You can bet that with the new Clone Wars series and the live series, new characters and situations will be introduced all the time. GL just doesn't really care about the EU.

It happened with the prequels and it will happen again with these series. The problem is that a series will have a lot more material to deal with than the prequels which may be a lot more difficult to retcon. IMHO, GL should have stepped away from SW a long time ago - he can't even stick to continuity between his own movies.

25. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005

That lego pic also shows who Rex is. I must admit, Rex seems like a rather...unusual name for an ARC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.