The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Looks like they've decided to make the reruns more interesting, integrating a DVD-type feature to hold us over till the new season. Could be a good source for new information and/or new headaches.

[link=http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000796.html]VIDEO PREVIEW[/link]

Enhanced Episodes to Provide In-the-Moment, On-Screen Insights into All Aspects of the Sweeping Galactic Conflict

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded premieres Friday, May 1, at 9 p.m. ET/PT

Coming off of the record-setting first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Cartoon Network announced today it will premiere Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded, a full slate of 22 enhanced episodes from season one of the CG-animated series from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation. Using text windows to provide in-the-moment insights into all aspects of the sweeping galactic conflict?from trivia to background on characters and storylines?Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded enhances each episode with exclusive content created by the Lucasfilm Animation talent responsible for the show itself.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded is Cartoon Network?s first-ever season-long commitment to enhancing the content of existing series episodes. Offering a new twist on the beloved series and serving as an unprecedented primer for faithful fans as well as new viewers, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded premieres Friday, May 1, at 9 p.m. ET/PT only on Cartoon Network. This full season of enhanced episodes will continue each Friday at 9 p.m. ET/PT, the regular time slot for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, leading up to the fall 2009 premiere of season two.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has emerged as the preeminent sci-fi series on television, combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with exciting weekly adventures. Ranking #1 on all television?broadcast and cable?with the key demo of boys 6-11, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a thrilling, weekly 30-minute ?mini-movie? created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old join favorite characters such as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand new heroes like Anakin?s padawan learner, Ahsoka. Sinister villains?led by Count Dooku and General Grievous?are poised to take over the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights and their brave clone troops. Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the tradition of thrilling stories and astonishing visuals that have always been the hallmark of the Star Wars Saga.
  2. Trip Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Awesome, it'll be like watching the show with Ric Olié!
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, the threat of that joke has already threatened to emerge in LACWAC. [face_laugh]
  4. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/971/971021p1.html]IGN Interview with Dave Filoni[/link]

Some highlights:

IGN: You mentioned the episode with the Twi'lek girl. It seems like there's an opportunity there to revisit characters we met there, like Waxer and Boil. Should we expect them to pop up now and again, like Commander Cody?

Filoni: Definitely. One of the things we have to keep track of in The Clone Wars though is who's alive and who's dead. [Laughs] Especially when it comes to clones! To circle back to "Rookies" for a second, I think one of the most compelling things there is that nobody knew those characters. Echo and Fives and Hevy? and at the end of the day only two of them made it out. So I think whenever you're dealing with new characters like that, it's curious because you don't know what their fate is. But Waxer and Boil, they survived that melee and we'll see if they do return if they survive then. But yeah, we have little lists of all the clones we've been creating -- all the incidentals -- to see where they're at and sometimes we have to pick them off. But hopefully not.

IGN: Among his accomplices, it was pretty cool to see Aurra Sing get such an expanded role, outside of the comic books she's appeared in. She was pretty merciless. Did you decide early on she was someone you wanted on Cad's crew?

Filoni: Yeah, she seemed like a natural. She's always right there and it's funny how Star Wars fans, we just obsess about these characters that appear on the screen for five seconds. The Pod Racers whip past her? But we knew all the names of all the bounty hunters growing up, and they never did anything in Empire, so she was kind of an extension of that. And the opportunity just came up I thought with a sniper. We all agreed she would be a great character. And George likes her. He originally put her in Phantom Menace very specifically, and I just think the story never developed where she would be used. And now we have a chance to get her out and use her. Jaime King playing her I thought did fantastic. She had one line, but you can imagine maybe Aurra Sing will be back in Season 2, because everybody knows her and she's had almost as many action figures as Plo Kloon and he was a Jedi for God's sakes. [Laughs]

IGN: When it comes to Durge, do you think at some point you'll revisit him?

Filoni: I don't know. It's hard to say. As we've gone on with this, George seemed to have a ton of his ideas that he wants to see and Durge isn't something that has ever really seemed to be something that's been on his radar, so it's hard to say. Especially now that we have Cad Bane and Aurra Sing. Lately actually, we've tried to create more new characters and new alien races. I mean, originally, we wanted to do Rodians and the Aqualish things that we knew, but then you quickly realize that we have to fill the galaxy with more interesting aliens that we haven't seen before, because otherwise we're using Rodians all of the time. You have to be careful.

IGN: There are literally hundreds of characters where I could say, "Are you going to use this person?"

Filoni: Right.

IGN: But the two I decided I would ask you about are Boba Fett and Quinlan Vos.

Filoni: Wow! Those are two to ask about.

IGN: [Laughs] Yes, I guess so.

Filoni: Well, I don't know how much I can say about that. I really don't want to spoil anything. I'll just kind of leave that hanging out there? except to say that those are two very good characters. It would make a lot of sense to use them at some point. So we'll just have to see, you know? Boba Fett has had such a long history in Star Wars? and for not really doing a lot! It's pretty amazing how much we all know about this guy. Of course, it was a huge revelation when he was a clone suddenly. That was kind of a shocker to me. I always thought he was a journeyman lawman from Concord Dawn.

IGN: Yeah, Jaster Mereel.

Filoni: Yeah, the Jaster Mereel thing. But now it's all retconned. Retcon is your friend in Star Wars. [Laughs]
  5. NeoStar9 Jedi Master

star 4
    On that note. I wonder if Boba Fett being a clone of Jango Fett bothered anyone? I wasn't really paying attention to the boards around the time Attack of the Clones came out and I didn't matter to me. I found the whole cloning aspect of the movie pretty interesting and happen to like Jango.. Were people bothered by it?
  6. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    "Otherwise we're just using Rodians all the time."

[link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sentient_species]Really?[/link]
  7. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    [face_laugh]

I'm perfectly fine (glad even) they're making up new species, but I hope we don't get more confusion like we had with the Pantorans and the Wroonians.
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    So there's a Season 2 preview floating around the net (however, please do not post any unofficial links here)- some interesting tidbits include a Mandalorian character and a Zero-G fight. More Bane and (thoguh we knew about it already), a holocron playing a central part of one plotline (we even see it assembled in a way that I think bridges the designs of the Great Holocron and the standard cubes). There's also assassin droids that remind me of the mine planters from the Barriss/Luminara episode of CWGT.
  9. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Other things of note:
    • Villain who looks like Sate Pestage (apparently under command of the Mandalorian)

• New character: The Duchess of Something (Theed?) Referred to as Obi's girlfriend, to comedic effect. Appears to have raided Padme's wardrobe.

• "Assassin probes": As Quest mentioned, they look kinda like the Chameleons from Clone Wars, plus a pinch of probe droid and a hearty splash of Matrix Sentinel.

• Some Rodian character. Don't know why, but for some reason he reminds me of young Greedo from the Greedo's Tale webcomic...

• A shape-shifter?

• A [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond-class_cruiser]Diamond-class cruiser[/link], or similar ship.

• A bit better animation quality than season 1 (maybe... it's hard to tell due to the, er, source)

10. Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I hope they are going too show more variety of aliens.
  11. Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji

VIP
    star 4
    [link=http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2730-Star-Wars-Examiner~y2009m7d15-Clone-Wars-Season-1-on-DVD-and-Bluray]Season 1 DVD pic and specs (November 3, 2009)[/link] (via Dunc on [link=http://twitter.com/clubjade]Twitter[/link]).

Looks spiffy enough, although I'll pass since I bought the season already on iTunes. Then again my birthday is October 25, so this wouldn't be a bad use for a gift card or something. :p
  12. Ulicus Lit'ari [Literature Manager]

Manager
    star 6
    Ahsoka is wearing more clothes!
  13. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, Padme presumably had a very serious chat with her husband about exactly why a scantily-clad 14-year-old was following him around everywhere. :p
  14. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Looks like we'll be getting a Season Two preview at Comic Con this weekend. TOSBlog has [link=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2009/07/21/lucasfilm-pavilion-at-comic-con-first-pics/]a few early pics up[/link], including Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, [link=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bossk_img.jpg]Bossk[/link], [link=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/sugi_img.jpg]some Zabrak female[/link], and [link=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nicehat_img.jpg]an alien with a bowcaster[/link], whose species I can't easily identify. But he apparently has a nice hat.
  15. MercenaryAce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A Gand maybe?

In any case, that is a very nice hat...
  16. Ulicus Lit'ari [Literature Manager]

Manager
    star 6
  17. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Hmmm... he does look Gandish.

And I wonder if his Nice Hat is the secret nemesis of the Freakin Sweet Hat. This next season may get nasty.
  18. Ulicus Lit'ari [Literature Manager]

Manager
    star 6
    Maybe it's like Soul Caliber and Soul Edge! We're going to get several Star Wars beat-em ups out of this!
  19. ThrawnRocks Jedi Master

star 6
    I was under the impression that the Hat's nemesis was Ki-Adi-Mindi's hat:

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5c/Ki-Adi-Mundi_Republic8.jpg]

Either way, this fellow has a very nice hat indeed. And I'd say this fellow is either Gand or completely new. As I recall they said something about producing more original species for the show.
  20. Bly Jedi Master

star 4
    Bossk, eh? Hmm...sounds cool, but shouldn't Cradossk be a bounty hunter now, not Bossk?
  21. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Both are. IIRC, we've already seen Bossk in PT-era stuff, so it's not a problem continuity-wise. Bossk was born circa 53 BBY, so he's actually pretty old during the OT.
  22. Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji

VIP
    star 4
    [link=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2009/07/24/report-from-the-star-wars-spectacular-2009/]Anakin to visit Mustafar in Season Two.[/link] Wheeeeee! 8-} :rolleyes:
  23. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    11-year-old Boba coming up. That will be interesting.
  24. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Mandalore is apparently [link=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mandalore_img.jpg]Glass Cubes Planet[/link]...
  25. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1WJB5ac3k]YouTube of Actor/Script read-through.[/link]

If this is at all indicative of the events in the upcoming season, Anakin and Ahsoka may start it off on Felucia hunting Grievous. Which makes only slightly more sense than Anakin visiting Mustafar before ROTS.

BTW, glass-cube planet is pretty awesome. Not sure how it fits in with Marvel's tree houses and Traviss's farms, but at least it's creative. And the Mandies have always been an eclectic bunch...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.