The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bly Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mando_img.jpg]
    Hmm...a group of Mando warriors (who are strangely missing antennae). Could an appearance by Spar be on the way?[face_thinking]
  2. Liliedhe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Since the stupid page didn't work for me, I had to wait for a friend to copy and paste me the infos...

*squeeeeeeees*

*blushes*

Mandalore is looking awesome. Spacey. Seems like the scheduled extermination of the Mandalorians might be commencing... *eg*
  3. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5

The answer is simple: it is a planet, and thus a big place with multiple environments.

Maybe there is hope for my dream of a tourist trap Mandolore that sells Mandolorian Crusader merchandise and "historic" tours and such...

Anyway, that is a pretty cool design, and I can't wait to see it.
  4. DoubleSith Force Ghost

star 3
  5. Liliedhe Jedi Knight

star 3
    *squeeeeees*

Yeah, I'm too old to squee^^. But this is totally awesome. Completely, totally awesome. I can't WAIT to see this.
  6. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That man Padme hugs, could he be Palo, the guy Padme referenced (maybe) having a relationship with in AotC? The scene seemed to imply a stock interloper-from-the-past-incites-jealous-lover type plot... [face_thinking]
  7. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    I don't think the kids' series is going to bring up old boyfriends and conflicted love scenarios. He's probably just some generic friend whom she gives a generic friendly hug, and oh no evil Future Darth Vader gets all jealous and moody.
  8. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    I think that Palo is probably a good guess. The series already likes to pick up and revisit things from the movies, be it lines, or apparently having another battle of Geonosis. Running with this guy could actually give them a chance to expand on something we haven't seen before and give a legitimate opportunity to reveal Anakin's jealous tendencies. The series hasn't made a habit of making Anakin look bad, so I don't think they'd make him get jealous of any random guy.

I note a general lack of Dooku and Asajj from the trailer, and only a little Grievous. Shifting the focus away from them as the main baddies could be a very good thing. They'll have fewer chances to look weak, and if kept away only to show up and win from time to time, they could slowly rebuild their reputation with us.
  9. Bly Force Ghost

star 4
    The good: Clone officer meeting, and Ki-Adi-Mundi's debut, 'cause where Conehead goes, Commander Bacara will be next in line.

The bad: American-accented Mando leader. So much for Spar.

The ugly: A second Battle of Geonosis? Really?[face_plain]
  10. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5

Or they could be setting up a factory on any other generic desert planet. They have done it before.

Or maybe this the action of the Geonsian resistance, that could be an interesting angle to play.
  11. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Yeah, but I think they'd be more likely to start showing hints of the bad guy he's going to be than start making Padme look bad by putting her commitment to Anakin into any kind of serious question. Of course, it could go either way.
  12. Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji

VIP
    star 4
    It looks to be on par with Season One, which means neither more nor less than it sounds like.

At this stage I just can't muster up the indignation to get annoyed by any of it, so I'll wait until the eps come out and go from there.
  13. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think Padmé has to look bad. The episode can easily expose a character flaw of Anakin's without giving us the whole future Sith Lord spiel. Anakin hasn't looked perfect in the series so far, but I think they've been consciously avoiding the heavy foreshadowing that most other clone wars material has.
  14. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    And here I was thinking that the entire second season was going to focus on the Jedi tracking down and arresting Cad Bane and his gang. There would be other things going on, but the bounty hunters would be the main enemy of the Jedi. Now it looks like the bounty hunters are going have equal time with the Separatist proper and the Mandalorians apparently. I thought they were temporarily knocked out of action because of Dooku and the others on Galidraan.

And wham, bam is Obi-Wan in a jam. Anakin suggesting he stays behind to look after his girlfriend. Here's hoping Siri doesn't find out. [face_laugh]
  15. Darth_SHOT Force Ghost

star 3
    did anyone noticed the lightsaber in the belt of that new mandalorian? and what's going on with that cape thing?
    the trailer is all kinds of awesome. Cad Bane is fast becoming my favorite character in the cartoon. just love his voice.
  16. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah. If we do get a "jealous husband" storyline, I hope it ends with Anakin dealing with the matter maturely.

Shot - yeah, I noticed the lightsaber. He's got a bit of a Shirruk vibe going on. Then again, it seems every Jedi killer collects lightsabers. I really, really hope that when he spews his stuff about his ancestors fighting against the Jedi Obi-Wan or Anakin spit back: "You mean you served as the lapdogs of *fallen* Jedi, right?" :p
  17. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    SWBlog has a bit of TCW behind the scenes stuff. Apparently the graphics are going to get better. Also, Bail. And this:

?We originally gave Ahsoka a schoolgirl skirt that expanded out when she spun around. Turns out that was really expensive? Filoni joked.

A schoolgirl skirt? o_O

Though, this may explain why Ventress tends to drop her skirt faster than a Zeltron tart---it's expensive to animate.
  18. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Hmm, season two looks interesting. My overall opinion at the end of season one was that the art was stunning but the storylines fairly predictable. However, I don't heap alot of judgement on the series as it is targeting an audience far younger than my 26 years.

The battle scences always end up looking very good. I would like to see a bit more variety in terms of Republic or Separatist capital ships (especially the Seppies), the battle seem to be farily well thought out.

My only real issue with the series is it's depiction of planets already described and fleshed out in the EU. To draw Bothawui with a asteroid belt is sheer lunacy, as any writer should be able to pull up it's entry in the Holocron or Wookieepedia and see what the world looks like. Ditto for Ryloth (which wasn't horrible) or Rodia (which was passable).

Now, as I am a Ki-Adi-Mundi fan, I can honestly say I am happy to see him getting some love this season. My only other wish is that we start seeing HUMAN Separatists and ALIEN Republic officers.

--Adm. Nick
  19. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Nick, there's a rock-and-a-hard-place situation that seems to be going on as far as EU goes in the CWAS. There really should've been one of two situations:
    a) The vast store of EU created is used to fully flesh out the Star Wars universe in the series, much as the early WEG material did for Zahn when he started writing the Thrawn trilogy.
    b) More likely, the EU would be generally ignored apart from some easter eggs and material would be either from the movies or entirely new.

Instead, we're stuck with
    c) EU material is strip-mined for names and such, but no attempt is made to be consistent.
  20. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    That wasn't Bothawui :p The narration said that Anakin's fleet was the last thing that stands between Grievous and Bothawui. It never says that they are in orbit above Bothawui. I always took it to mean that this was the las stop through real space before the Sep fleet makes the jump to Bothawui.

And any other possible continuity flubs have always been sure to give us wiggle room to make it right. Even Grievous' origin.
  21. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmmmnnn...It seems like that kinda ended up the other way around didn't it?:p

I loved the end part of the trailer with the Mandalorian reveal, cool stuff. Can't wait to watch.:D
  22. Liliedhe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Depends on what books you read :p. Or rather, what shows you watch. TCW so far is doing a whole lot to get me over some previously done stuff that offends me. I, for one, am not criticising their choices about ignoring EU stuff. Even, if it is occasionally EU stuff I like.
  23. TheRedBlade Force Ghost

star 3
    This may deserve a thread all its own, but hasn't Padme already looked bad at times? Specifically, after Anakin massacres the Tuskens. While her comforting him was sentimentally the right thing to do, her boyfriend had just admitted to something in the mass murder/war crimes spectrum. Shouldn't she have reported this to some kind of higher power, confidentially told Obi-Wan, or at least expressed some kind of moral revulsion? Did her being "too nice" miss a chance to stop Anakin's downhill slide?

Truthfully, I would rather see an episode that scuffs up Padme's image a bit than yet another "Anakin harbors a secret darkside!" piece. This series has been great about avoiding that so far, and I hope that this continues.
  24. Palp_Faction Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't think wiping out a tribe of savages counts as a warcrime. They were a brutal bunch of primatives who'd tortured a woman to death. They got what they deserved. Seems perfectly acceptable to me - and to Padme as well apparently.
  25. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm starting to think Ahsoka will go darkside. Except that she's the Sue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.