The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal Force Ghost

star 5
    the character I feel sorriest for is the Geonosian queen...sitting in the dark popping out an egg every few seconds sounds pretty boring...and the heroes conventienly cave in the roof and crush a defenseless immobile pregnant woman who they do nothing to save....
  2. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I would post a TV Tropes link making the ironic point that the more freaky-looking a character is, the more okay it is to be horrible to them, but then I'd have to go to TV Tropes, and I have things to do with the rest of my day.
  3. Senator_Cilghal Force Ghost

star 5
    if the Geonosian queen was a gorgeous HUMAN pregnant woman, no matter how evil, with a nursery full of human infants, people would be horrified as the Jedi/Clones shot the roof down on them and ran off...but since she's part of a minority...cough...I mean just a "bug" with mere innocent baby eggs, nobody cares...the selectiveness of mammalian morality
  4. ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    My feelings for the latest episode are mixed. I like how Nal Hutta was depcited, some of the Hutt designs were pretty good (I don't like Marlo, though), Quinlan's use of psychometry was a nice touch, and the fight between the Jedi and Bane was really cool. However, I don't like how Quinlan was portrayed (he seemed too happy and cocky to be Clone Wars-era Quinlan), the fact that Gardulla apparently survived her encounter with Jango, Ziro and Sy's relationship (even if it was a cover, seeing Sy make lovey-dovey with Ziro was painful), and as unusual as it sounds, I actually kind of wish Bane had died in that fight. It would have been an epic send-off, and the pesimist inside me worries that he will lose his coolness later on.
  5. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    [face_laugh] QFT.

TC
  6. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Loved the Temple of Doom and Big Lebowski shout-outs, and the Tangina/Capote ship was high-larious in a weird way. Plus, continuity was largely followed, so an all-around win.
  7. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Anything Goes. How... appropriate.[face_worried]
  8. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    It's why we're still here. ;)
  9. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Not exactly defenseless seeing as she was getting ready to sic her zombie bugs on them.
  10. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Does that mean it ruined your life?

I'd also say SW has a Bishonen Line: The most powerful Force users are human, after all.
  11. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    So my wife's theory as to what happens to Ahsoka such that Anakin is not considered a Master and no one talks about him ever having had an apprentice has shifted from Ahsoka being killed to her becoming a Separatist...

And then we watched Friday's episode o_O
  12. Senator_Cilghal Force Ghost

star 5
    that is what I want to happen as well...Ahsoka actually seems to THINK more than Anakin, in both the cartoons and novels...so I can see her making an idealistic shift and leaving him behind

13. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    ...and then she gets killed years later by Vader [face_skull]
  14. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    As Aurra once said, that would be poetic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.