main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    the character I feel sorriest for is the Geonosian queen...sitting in the dark popping out an egg every few seconds sounds pretty boring...and the heroes conventienly cave in the roof and crush a defenseless immobile pregnant woman who they do nothing to save....

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 6 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I would post a TV Tropes link making the ironic point that the more freaky-looking a character is, the more okay it is to be horrible to them, but then I'd have to go to TV Tropes, and I have things to do with the rest of my day.

3. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    if the Geonosian queen was a gorgeous HUMAN pregnant woman, no matter how evil, with a nursery full of human infants, people would be horrified as the Jedi/Clones shot the roof down on them and ran off...but since she's part of a minority...cough...I mean just a "bug" with mere innocent baby eggs, nobody cares...the selectiveness of mammalian morality

4. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    My feelings for the latest episode are mixed. I like how Nal Hutta was depcited, some of the Hutt designs were pretty good (I don't like Marlo, though), Quinlan's use of psychometry was a nice touch, and the fight between the Jedi and Bane was really cool. However, I don't like how Quinlan was portrayed (he seemed too happy and cocky to be Clone Wars-era Quinlan), the fact that Gardulla apparently survived her encounter with Jango, Ziro and Sy's relationship (even if it was a cover, seeing Sy make lovey-dovey with Ziro was painful), and as unusual as it sounds, I actually kind of wish Bane had died in that fight. It would have been an epic send-off, and the pesimist inside me worries that he will lose his coolness later on.

5. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    [face_laugh] QFT.

TC

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian New Films Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Loved the Temple of Doom and Big Lebowski shout-outs, and the [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_Rubinstein]Tangina[/link]/Capote ship was high-larious in a weird way. Plus, continuity was largely followed, so an all-around win.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Anything Goes. How... appropriate.[face_worried]

8. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    It's why we're still here. ;)

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Not exactly defenseless seeing as she was getting ready to sic her zombie bugs on them.

10. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Does that mean it ruined your life?

I'd also say SW has a Bishonen Line: The most powerful Force users are human, after all.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian New Films Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So my wife's theory as to what happens to Ahsoka such that Anakin is not considered a Master and no one talks about him ever having had an apprentice has shifted from Ahsoka being killed to her becoming a Separatist...

And then we watched Friday's episode o_O

12. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    that is what I want to happen as well...Ahsoka actually seems to THINK more than Anakin, in both the cartoons and novels...so I can see her making an idealistic shift and leaving him behind

13. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    ...and then she gets killed years later by Vader [face_skull]

14. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    As Aurra once said, that would be poetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.