main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR The Official "Things We'd Like to See in ToR" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    We're Star Wars fans. We're demanding. We love to make demands. Even more than that, we love it when our demands are met. So here's the place where you can discuss what you'd like to see in the upcoming and highly anticipated MMORPG. Be warned, however, that posts such as "the game should be just like WoW," or "I hope it's not like dumb SWG," are not constructive and are not necessary! Constructive discussion, and nothing else, is permitted in this thread. Okay, constructive discussion with a little harmless drooling on the side. ;)

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    NAGA SADOW riding an escalator with DARTH NIHL on a pony.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And that would be an example of non-constructive discussion, for those who wanted to know.

I have a tinsy wincy confession. I wouldn't mind seeing the Yuuzhan Vong somewhere at the extreme rim of the story.

4. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I concur on the Yuuzhan Vong encounter, I mean we have Killiks and possibly Chiss so why not Vong! :p But in addition to that, personally I would like to see some Red Sith and aspects of the Old Sith Empire within the Imperial faction. So Kissai and Massassi companions! So lets see some Sith monsters being used in addition to the Sith troopers and things like Meditation Spheres or stuff like that. Perhaps have Republic/Jedi and Imperial/Sith fighting monsters like Leviathans left behind from the Hundred-Year Darkness?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would love a Meditation Sphere, personally. :cool:

'Ship' was probably one of the top three things I loved about Legacy of the Force, as an excellent nod to the 5000 BBY era.

6. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    My dream of this game is when I play; I get to take a Sith Inquisitor who gets a Sith Meditation Sphere, have a Massassi bodyguard companion and a Kissai priest, be loaded with talismans and amulets and finally have a small Sith bird familiar that I call Sadow :p

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Original Designs not looking like freaking Clone Wars. It is seriously the only thing that keeps me from throwing myself into it, right now.

Space flight in an very early expansion.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I was actually being serious. You would be surprised what kinds of things you see in video games this big.

9. Kalphite

Kalphite Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2009
    I myself could do without the space/fighter pilot action.

More than anything, I'd like to see some more 'third-party' factions rise up to create common enemies for both the Republic and Empire. Having just two sides will get boring quick... They've already announced Killiks. Mandalorians are a good possibility. I'd be ok with Vong...but meh would be hard to bring them in without messing up their backstory.

What about some ancient powerful Celestial action? Another Rakatan super-weapon/facility?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    One of our first images of Dromund Kaas included pole dancing....[face_worried]

11. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    That reminds me, I'd also like to see stripping as a side profession in this game, kind of like the career in Galaxies.

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I am liking the Yuuzhan Vong idea. Space flight would be pretty sweet. If not full on space flight, something like in Mass Effect 2 wouldn't be too bad either. I rather enjoyed that (not the mining, just the flying).

13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    A Vong scout ship or advance base would make a great raid encounter.

Vehicle mechanics. I thought they worked great in Wrath despite having some bugs, and I think they would fit naturally into Star Wars.

Funny stuff. Not everything has to be serious all the time.

Droid uprising!

Playable Red Sith.

14. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    I would like to see this and wouldnt be surprised if this is the case. WoW has the Horde and Alliance at times uniting to fight against a greater evil at times and its a good concept as it lets players on opposing sides fight a common foe before returning to the status quo. I wouldnt be surprised if perhaps there are either some Rakata or some greater menace out there for both the Sith/Imperials and Jedi/Republic to face. BioWare tends to have powerful precursor or ancient races hanging around in their universes.

15. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I want to see good PVP, ships we can call our own and live on, and lots of group play (instances/raids)

16. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah about the living on ships thing... either that, or houses. Some kind of home to own would be great.

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I want to build my own Force Temple.
    Not Jedi. Not Sith.

Just a law-abiding and devoted bunch....
    with a martial plan for order.

U steal? U lose the *hand in question.
    U fib, or bend the truth? Gimme the *tongue.
    U do anything immoral, illegal or even fart in my vicinity? Off with thy *head.

*light saber required

18. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I'd like to see some decent crafting too.

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I'd love, love, love to see the inside of some Sith tombs, a la KotOR's Korriban level. I've played that level so many times that I just about have it memorized. :p Any time we get to see Korriban in a game, I'm thrilled.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Korriban was button-mash heaven...
    Loved that level.

21. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Agreed 100%. I am excited to see what Korriban is going to have to offer in this game and hope for tombs as well.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I hope that we have the ability to choose different saber styles at different times.
    If I'm one on one, or against a small group of Force sensitive foes, I want to be able to link-up two hilts back to back and form a double bladed light saber. OR, any other saber style that tickles my fancy on a given day.

23. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do that. From the dev video you'll definitely be able to pick up a saber after you kill an enemy and dual wield.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Speaking of tombs... there were animated corpses on Dromund Kaas in Mysteries of the Sith. I always assumed they were something the Dark Side Prophets cooked up, but they could be relics of something even older.

And on the subject of Dromund Kaas, I'd like to see an easter egg-type gig, where one of your missions turns the game into the old Dark Forces/Mysteries of the Sith-style format, cheezy pixelated artwork and all. Just for old times sake.

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I hope so. I loved the variety that both Kotor games provided. And I grew absolutely-weary of seeing the same saber-grip in Force unleashed. I want to be able to change my style at will, it lends to better game-play from my POV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.