main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Thrawn is ALIVE fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Charlemagne, Dec 30, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well now it's time for the epilogues. It's been an incredible ride guys.

That's probably my favorite part up above, I think it's ending came off kinduv World War 2ish oddly enough.

Unintentional but there it is

2. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    I still remember the first post on December 30, 1999. Now, a year and two months later, the bad guys are finally dead and the galaxy is in peace. One word comes to my mind: WOW. A lot of promising fanfics die out in the first few months due to apathy or writer's block. Not here. You guys stuck to this endeavor and spun and REALLY good story. Bravo! I can't wait for the epilogues.

Yes, Charlemagne, the last post echoes America's solution to WWII with Japan. Now, of course, the questions are: How will Thrawn deal with all that guilt/emotional baggage? and How will the New Republic and its holier-than-thou politicians cope? Up!

3. Cyclonetrooper

Cyclonetrooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2000
    Victory... never quite what it seems. Bitter but nessecary.

4. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    To easy and to fast an end for the Vong and Nom Anor - if we compare this to the magnificent battle to beat the emperor.

But Thrawns thoughts about himself and superweapons were very well written.

Good work.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Excellent work!

6. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for the wondeful story! George Lucas would be proud.

Long Live Thrawn!

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    No! Timothy Zahn would be the proudest!

TZ: Hey, want to work with me and Stackpole in writing Thrawn and Rogue Squadron fic?

Okay, that may not happen.....

8. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    UP!!!

(Ooooooh! A Thrawn and Rouge Squadron fic.? I'd read it...)

9. The Butler's Butler

The Butler's Butler Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    NO!!!!!!!! DON'T LET THIS DIE!!!!!!

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Die NEVER!

I shall be posting soon!

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    good

Ive got me a new Thrawn story im writing

Title: Demons of a Scarlet Past
    Timeline: Set after Command Decision
    Summary: The crew of the Admonitor comes across a mysterious void ship out in the middle of no where. Thrawn, curious, sends a search party to investigate why the ship was abandoned. They soon return with an artifact that no one knows about. Before the Admonitor can leave, strange events begin to take place onboard. Thrawn soon discovers that the artifact he holds in his command room has a very deadly and dangerous secret that forces him to act alone to return it to the mysterious ship. But when his crew follows after him, worried, they all soon find themselves fighting for their lives. Thrawn knows the truth of the artifact, but it wont let him tell the others?it won't let them leave?it wants them dead, but why?

12. Cyclonetrooper

Oct 14, 2000
    Good! Does anyone else have anything to add on this thread? Please visit the Pellaeon Fan Club... if you can find it, that is.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Supreme Chancellor Thrawn was the name and title that he was to be known as
    and the Grand Admiral did not appreciate it. His election by the Republic
    and Imperial worlds had been fair and swift given that the tide had swung
    unanimously in the all too fickle publics opinion of him, much as it had
    done before with Palaptine. It was not difficult however to see that the
    powerful and elite of both the Republic and Empire had their reasons to hate
    Mith'raw'nuado and it was not helped overmuch by the necessity to usurp war
    powers to rebuild the tattered remenants of the Galactic Civil War.

Time passes though.

The Corellian Trials the Admiral had personally supervised bringing Imperial
    War Crimminals to trial including the hidden Procurator of Justice and
    countless Moffs, Govenors, and even lesser officials which had supervised
    the sheer volume of atrocities that had been commited under Emperor
    Palpatine's sanctions. The Republic had not escaped unscathed and that
    likely was all that had saved the Grand Admiral from being viewed as
    conducting a purge of his New Order of dissedents. Some embarassing
    incidents regarding the Bothan people and Camasaii and several other
    Republican warriors had been most unpleasantly documented.

The rebuilding process would likely take decades given the widespread
    poverty and war spending that the Emperor had indulged in not only frugally
    given the threats outside the galaxy and his desire to conquer....but had
    done so inefficently with little thought to the loss in will man suffered.
    The distrust and heavy bureacucracy that had been meant to limit contact and
    trade not to mention rampant xenophobia encouraged by Palpatine would likely
    take centuries. The Senate he had created was only a puppet for Thrawn's decisions because the Grand Admiral knew in the end only they could rule themselves but he would be damned if he allowed them to bring the galaxy to horrors again given he had witnessed what lied beyond their borders waiting for such.

'How can one ask a Senator to value the lives of his relatives and perhaps even his own family under that of another far off world if such things are needed there that he knows are needed among his own people...and he cannot spare or desire to see the conditions for himself?' Thrawn mused staring out the window of the Republican palace. He had never intended to become ruler of the galaxy and knew he could not run the Republic as an army. A true army was of those who volenteered to be soldiers in a war, one might be a citazen but a soldier left his freedom and the chance to make music, poetry, a family, and other things behind in times of war....and he had to be always ready for war, and Mith'raw'nuado knew civilization was not worth protecting such. Thrawn had a excellent grasp of all the such things needed to run a galaxy but he was not the greatest economist, politician, businessman, or the Master help him religeous teacher. He had assembled those who were however and whose loyalty was to the galaxy, not himself, but their welfare. Strange as it may seem after ten years and in the heart of three terms of honestly elected service the galaxy was recovered to the point that it would excell beyond the heights of the Old Republic by leaps and bound and had a fleet that would defend it from the Invaders...Thrawn did not believe the darkness there was defeated. They also had a unity that would not be denied, Thrawn would perhaps go down in history as a villian but the politician would never run the galaxy but the will of the citazen to be protected, it was not a perfect system but government itself was a failing of a enlightened people for it means they could not resolve their differences on their own.

"You called for me Sir?" Airian spoke comming and though he wasn't dressed in the robes of a Jedi Knight, he had achieved such a status and Thrawn had born witness to Luke Skywalkers New Jedi Order which now numbered close to a hundred knights. The organization had canidates for a thousand in a number of more years and though

14. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    A fitting epilogue to a wonderful story.

As a detail person, I would have liked to see some of the early clashes between Thrawn and the NR as he takes over. However, all good things have to end sometime, and I do like this ending. We've seen from numerous flashbacks that Thrawn intended to serve his religion as a person of peace, only to be forced on to the paths of war. Even the most hard-hearted killer wants peace sometime, and, undoubtedly, Thrawn has desired release from his heavy duties toward the galaxy and his loved ones. I wonder how others will view his departure? It would be nice to see Luke, Leia, Han, and the gang one last time.

Good work! Up.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Tis over with already? AWwwwwww......But it was a great story from the beginning to the end! You two going to write another story?

16. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Every good story gets its sequel (Hopefully).

And if i have to write it by myself. (When i´m finished with my other stories)

17. Cyclonetrooper

Oct 14, 2000
    Good ending. But its over. :(
    Who was the person who turned on Thrawn, BTW?

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That is another story.

etu brutai?

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Forget the password to ur name Charlemagne?

Was it Borsk? no wait he's dead.....um was it um...um...hmmm.....<thinks>

20. Supreme Chancellor Thrawn

Supreme Chancellor Thrawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 1999
    An excellent end to an excellent story! Bravo, Chralemagne. Let me extend my thanks to you for starting this fanfic and to everyone here for supporting it. I had a blast working on it, and I think that it is one of the best fanfics on this forum. Grreat job, everyone!

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Thanks to you Supreme Chancellor

Your writing did just as much

plus everyone for supporting it

22. greywolf

greywolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    Great Story!!!

But as always with those I'm sad when they're finished...

BTW, I ran through some older posts - beginnin of 2000 maybe - where someone wrote a story could befound at
    Forum9/HTML/001676.html
    Forum9/HTML/001676.html

Where is that???

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Truth be told I'm saving the betrayal for a possible sequel...but when I mean close I mean someone like Pelleon, Parck, General Traan etc...poor guys.

Hey anyone think this should go up on a webpage?

I'm to the point where I'm almost ready to do a essay on this page...it's *sob* so hard to let go.

Lets see we could describe Thrawn's depiction versus the books hmm...what Jerec C'boath represents...hmmmm oh and the various types of evil.

OOo and how much we loved Leia killing Sedriss (my favorite part), killing Kyp, and Borsk!

24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I hope you dont mind, but since I'm not making any headway on the main board, I'm going to advertise in here, as the readers seem to appreciate a different type of story.

Some, not many probably but a few, may remember my work in progress, "Eyes of the Empire" (which I'm editing and expanding). Well, this new story is not really a prequel, but some of the minor characters are featured in more prominent roles. It takes place 2.5 years after the signing of the truce with the Empire (HoT), and follows one agent's investigation of a series of murders and the resulting conspiracy that he uncovers. I'd say, PG-13, in some states, R, if only because description and language mirror that of real life.

The working title is "A Common Crime."

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2034185

By the way, I've been a shadow reader of the story here, and I thought it was great. Good pacing, characters we love to read new material about and situations that are, frankly, quite interesting to hypothesize on. I look forward to any future works in this AU.

25. The Butler's Butler

The Butler's Butler Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    It is so tough to let go.

But, hey, just from that last post alone, we've got enough temptations to start a new story...I don't even have to name them.

Yeah, we can have essays on the number of betrayals in this story, the psychological damage caused by rebirth, the effect of cloning on social order...I wish I could scrape up money and sponsor a Thrawn Chair in Military History or whatnot. You know, someone should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.