main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official thread of THE SITH UPRISING

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Dalton_Senaska, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalton_Senaska

Dalton_Senaska Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    Well... here we go...

Dalton

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    (Note to all: let's let the other threads sink...)
    (Note to Dalton, why not edit the first post and say a few words about the flick, perhaps a short synopsis, plug the Web site? heh)

I've checked out the MSN community. Some nice images. And apparently there's eight women in the cast. Hmmm. [face_love]

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    Okay... for those of you interested, here is a summary of Star Wars: The Sith Uprising: Jedi Knights

(WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Dalton Senaska is the main character. He is from Tatooine and is Jedi apprentice to Con-Pres Sorpio. Con-Pres leaves Tatooine to go investigate the disappearance of a Jedi convoy. He takes his other student Re-Shon Goss with him. Little does Con-Pres realize it but Re-Shon is a traitor. Dalton, meanwhile is on Tatooine waiting for his master to return. Con-Pres and Re-Shon get to the convoy and realize that everyone that was aboard is either dead or missing. About that time a Sith lord comes in and they see that he has one survivor with him. He kills the young one and then the two Jedi attack him. They fight and Royder seemingly kills Re-Shon first but it is just a fake, Con-Pres attacks then and really is killed. The pilot of the ship they arrived on then calls for assistance, alerting the rest of the Jedi to the presence of this dark man and letting them know that Re-Shon is dead.
    The Sith lord, Darth Royder, then gets on board the ship and kills the pilot. Then he takes the ship back to Tatooine. The reason for this is mysterious and will not be revealed until the second film. All you will understand is that he wants Dalton to come to the dark side and train as his apprentice. He also wants Dalton's fellow students, Kashira and Nathan Prishea to come with him. They refuse and so he attacks them. Nathan runs and tells Dalton's parents what is happening while Kashira and Dalton duel with Royder. When Nathan comes out he is just in time to save Dalton from a saber strike from Royder. Nathan shoves Royder back and he stumbles into Kashira, who by the way is Dalton's girlfriend, which is demonstrated by a kiss earlier. Royder strikes Kashira and then kills Nathan also. Dalton duels with him, enraged by what has just happened, while his father, Biv, tries to gun down Royder. Royder deflects one of the bolts and hits Biv, killing him also.
    Dalton chases Royder back to the transport and tries to get at him but Royder escapes and leaves Tatooine without what he came for.
    Dalton is persuaded by his mother to go peacefully to the Jedi Academy and complete his training, even though all Dalton wants to do is track down Royder and kill him for what he did to Kashira and the others. When Dalton arrives at the Academy he does try to escape and he fights off the Jedi that try to stop him but then Stace Darklighter, a Jedi apprentice, comes out to help the others. When Dalton sees her he is amazed to see that she looks exactly like Kashira.
    He refuses to fight her and says that he will go ahead and train at the Academy.
    While he is there he has serveral brushes with the dark side and has to fight off his tendencies to give in to anger but Stace stays by his side the whole time as his friend. Dalton begins to fall in love with her because of the similarities between her and Kashira. A Jedi Master, Si-Bec Qui, takes Dalton as his unwilling apprentice and tries to help him also. Meanwhile the Sith plan an invasion of the Jedi Academy. When they do invade, there is a huge battle on the land and in space. Dalton ends up facing off with all of the Sith including the murderer of his loved ones, his old friend Re-Shon Goss, another traitor called Ci-Patros Budai, and the Master of them all, Lord Sidious... that's right...DARTH SIDIOUS... you'll have to see the film to find out what's up with that. Dalton defeats them all, though he doesn't kill Ci-Patros or Royder. When he kills Sidious, they think that the Sith are all but extinct but they are wrong as is found out in the second film, then the story gets very deep and Stace and Dalton's relationship grows.

Let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions or make any suggestions you want. I hope you all anticipate, with eagerness, our film. We should be posting a short film titled "Prelude to Uprising" very soon. And a preview for "Jedi Knights" should be out by sometime in May.

as a side note... you can also look

4. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    for those interested... go to the website in my signature and check out a bit of our work

dalton

5. Quinn_Domo

Quinn_Domo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2001
    is there no trailer??

I'll check it out, but, from the stills.... I dunno, if thats the official website, with what is said screens from the movie, you might want to think about changing the pics of dudes in their t-shirts...makes for cheezy pictures.

Just being honest...

6. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    yeah... those are not actually from the film... they are just the first concepts of lightsabers
    we are working on some screen grabs from our two films... "PRELUDE TO UPRISING" and "JEDI KNIGHTS"... we should have some up soon.

dalton

7. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    will you stop making threads......you are making threads to try to get peoples intrest in a fan film which has nothing to show us. leave us alone and come back when you have a trailer and then only post one thread not 5 like you have done so far.

stop spaming the forum....your kicking good threads of the front page....threads that people might actually like to look at.

8. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    that is your opinion... and i didn't mean to post that many threads... it was by accident the first time and the reason that i posted this one was because of advice given by adam... you will eat those words when you see what we have to offer! you should probably shut your mouth about things you don't know much about...

dalton

9. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Let's not get carried away, boys.

Tempest, dalton's a new member, bear with him and excuse the few mistakes everyone makes upon arriving here. :)

10. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    i know what u mean JBK, but i don't like him spaming up the whole forum. i'll forgive him considering he is new member.....he will wise up soon.

I didn't mean to offend your film Dalton_Senaska i have nothing against the film i don't want to say anything bad about a film until it is finished. I just don't like it when people post the same things in multiple threads. It's a waist of space. friends *holds out hand*

11. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    your alright tempestjonny... i'm easily forgiving... and i've seen some stuff you posted by the way that i liked up until that one... but that is cool... if you check the other threads though... you will find that most of what is in there is not what is in this paticular thread... also... people vere off to easily... by having an "official" thread, we eliminate that pretty much... and i do really believe that you will all enjoy everything that we will be posting... no need to worry if you haven't seen it yet... you will. and i've seen just about all of the sw fanfilms there are to see on the net and i know that ours, compared to the majority, is just better... not that they aren't good or even great or awesome... they just don't have the story or the cast that we do... no hard feelings at all though friends *takes hand*

dalton

12. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    fair enough the official thread does stop people from changing the subject.....oh hang on....this isn't what the thread is for....right lets talk sith.

well i had a look at the some of the screen shots. cast looks cool actually...loads of jedi and sith. can't go wrong with that now can you.

13. saber8

saber8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    The stills posted by "Vaner" are mine! hehe...anyway...

14. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Dalton, I know you're excited about your film, but PLEASE stop touting it as something that's going to be really great and elevating it above other films before it's even finished. I know you've got the best intentions and really believe your film is going to be great, but around here, that sort of behavior is regarded as classless and immature...most people who talk that way rarely end up with a finished product, and I'd hate to see Sith Uprising in that company. Let your work do the talking for you. :) THAT's how you create hype.

15. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    well... like i said earlier... i'm trying to make this film as popular as broken allegiance was before it came out... that film was talked about before any trailors were available. i do wish that you guys could just see what we've done so far. i really think that you would be very impressed... we should have some screen shots of the film up in a short while and you will see some of what i'm talking about... we won't have a trailer though until around the end of may most likely and i do not wish to stop talking about it or building it up just because i don't have anything posted yet...

dalton

16. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    That's what builds up real hype.

Anyone can claim anything. You're claiming that it'll be awesome. And you have almost nothing to show for it.

17. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    just give me a couple days... i'll have some screen shots posted on the site and you'll have something... and all i can offer you is my word as the director. like i said before... i've seen most of the sw fanfilms there are and i am not going to say anything about this film that isn't true... trust me, i'm a very negative person... lol... i'll try and give you guys something in the next couple days though... something that i have found however is that if you talk about a subject and find out information about it before you even have anything to look at... it does build anticipation

dalton

18. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    we are filming the second sequence of the film next saturday... it takes place on tatooine and introduces my character, dalton senaska... we plan to start early in the morning and be done around 3:00 in the afternoon... we should have some screen shots of our short film and first two sequences on the web page very soon

dalton

19. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Hope to see some more pics soon!

You realize that if these pictures aren't what you are touting them to be, people here are really gonna grill you, right?

Careful, buddy, careful.

Also, with BA, Nick Hallam didn't come in here and make tons of threads or say that it would be the best fanfilm ever. People generated excitement on their own.

Just warning you for what may be ahead.

~Neszis~

20. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Unlike, say, Run Leia Run, which Adam plugged every chance he got, and still does, killing kittens all over the world. 8-}

Just kidding, Adam.

21. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    will you think about the kittens....for god sake think about the kittens :p

22. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    The difference with Adam is that

1) he didn't say outright that his would be one of the best (except in jest),

2)from the beginning, Run Leia Run was obviously going to be something very different (what with the Flash format and all), and

3)he didn't compare his film to others (again, except in jest).

Dalton, another problem with hype is living up to it. Remember all the hype that surrounded Godzilla, and the disappointing final product? I think you ARE building anticipation, but it's more cynical than optimistic, and that can only hurt your film when it comes out. Like I said, let your work do the talking.

23. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I agree.

24. Dalton_Senaska

Mar 15, 2003
    alright... gosh... you guys are unbelievable... it really doesn't matter anyway... i didn't want to just build anticipation for the film... i wanted to talk about it... that is all... that is why i created this thread... for those of you who think i'm setting myself up for disaster... i will laugh in your face when this is over... but for a little bit, can we just get on the topic of what the fan film will be all about... i set this up so that people could ask questions and give suggestions... not dog on me because i like to talk good about my film...

dalton

25. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Dalton, I didn't mean to put you or your film down, and if I came off sounding that way, I apologize.

I want Sith Uprising to be a success. Honestly, I do. The pictures you've got up are promising, and you've definitely proven that you have the excitement and the drive. It's just that there's a certain etiquette on the FanFilm boards that you may not be aware of as someone new.

Maybe I can put this in perspective...I've been around these boards for about a year now, and in that time I've seen at least a half dozen newly registered people start threads about how their incomplete fanfilm will be something great. These projects often end up going nowhere and the people disappear from the boards.

It's such a common place occurence that it's become a running joke: Digital Llama Radio brought it up in one episode, spoof threads come up every now and then, and almost every time a newbie joins the board, someone cracks a joke about it.

Because of this, around here talk is cheap. Ideas are cheap. People are cynical when it comes to hype unless it's from a person who's already established a good reputation. Otherwise, people look for something more solid: a teaser trailer for example. Even pre-production shots aren't very effective any more, since so many projects never make it out of pre-production. Basically, if you want to create buzz about your film, it helps to have made significant progress into production: it lets people know you're less likely to flameout, and more willing to help out.

If you want to take full advantage of the boards (and trust me, there's a lot of talent around here), start contributing to other people's threads, offering your own expertise. People are more than willing to reciprocate. Post significant updates in your official thread, like pictures and trailers, rather than just talk. That's how BA built hype, and it's a more or less guaranteed formula.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.