main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Travels With Yoda Thread - Current Location: Malaysia!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    As some of you know, I, unfortunately, have the title of "Interactive Yoda Killer" which means that any and all Interactive Yoda's I have owned, touched, seen in the stores, etc, have fried themselves, i.e. screamed, froze up, refused to work, smoked (yes literally smoked), made sizzling noises, etc. So, apparently the Will of the Force is that Master Kenobi is not allowed to have/play/communicate with/etc any and all Interactive Yodas..hence the idea for this thread.

I do have a very special IA Yoda..who met his current catatonic state in a unusual way. He never worked really properly and I spent more time than not changing batteries and trying to fix him. Well, this particular time, he had started to talk, then acted like his batteries went dead, I changed the batteries and he seemed to work..until....

I was watching Velvet Goldmine and a "certain performance involving a lot of painful looking jumping up and down and a jar of glitter" came on screen. I had Yoda facing the TV and apparently the vision of the Young Jedi before him in all of his Jedi Glory was too much. Yoda let out a blood curdling scream..his eyes widened, his mouth opened and he froze in that position. And has stayed frozen. The company that manufactured him couldn't fix him and offered to replace him with a Furby..um..no thanks. So except for one trip to Disneyland just to have fun with him. (He went ALL over the park with me and took lots of pics with various characters and various places)...he has been sitting on a shelf..still with that horrified expression on his face. Now for the plan. I remember a year or so ago that there was a Vader that was sent all over the world to different fan clubs. I'm not sure how it worked, but decided that instead of spending his twilight years in catatonic shock, perhaps our little green friend would like to get out and about? How about it? Can we start the same thing with him.

I was thinking of taking him back to Disneyland and during the SW Day, handing him over to another FF (Hey San Diego - interested) to keep for a week (or two) and then seeing how far we can get with this. Get a site going ( Santa Cruz is working on a Web site). and see if we can get our little guy around the world?

Any ideas..any suggestions. Who is going and how do I make this happen. After all, seeing a "potential great Jedi" in such a compromising situation has really taken it's toll. Let's get Yoda out and let him have some fun.

(Actually, I would give my eye-teeth to get a pic of Ewan with Yoda..after all it is McGregor's fault that he is fried!)

Thanks

Master K

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    That's it, Obi.

The Dark Lord is barely able to tolerate sharing a room with three Jedi, you want to make it FOUR???!!! And YODA????

You better keep that thing well hidden next weekend. You-know-who has issues with me buying that native doll from "Three Tales of Terror" ("If it ever comes in the house, I'm leaving!" she's said), I can imagine how she'd run from the room screaming waking up with YODA staring at her from on top of the TV with THAT look on his face, like he'd gotten fixed or something, and I'm talking about "fixed" where you have less parts than when you started.

And exposing him to, well.. THAT scene. Heck, that gives me the wil... er, scars the heck out of me as well, I'd blow a power cell too.

That whole movie is just... (at a loss for words)...

UN-NAT-U-RAL.

Bring "it" or that movie into the room; You can sleep in your car!

And next time you come to visit, we're locking you out with the racoons.

AND you are never, EVER handling ANY electronic device I own again, either, not with that kind of cruddy High Tech Karma.

And stay away from our car too!

You..you...you... weirdo whack job.

((I'm kidding about most of this, well, I think most of it..))

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I Love you too, Sid! :D

4. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    PPPPHHHHTTTTT!!!

This is even scarier...

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=3686;category_id=100517;pcid1[face_talk_hand]pcid2=

((Runs in circles screaming))

Actually, I'm not sure what is scarier, the look on the stocking's face...

or the fact that they are already pushing CHRISTMAS MERCHANDISE IN JUNE!!!!!

((Shrieks and passes out))

Aaaand by the way, ever think how slightly SICK it is to have Mr. kid slaughtering lava basted wife strangling Jedi hacker Darth Vader on wrappings, ornaments and stockings "placed by the chimney with care"????? Anyone else thinking that it's a LITTLE weird for kids to be running around in Vader costumes? Sounds as weird as a Jason hockey mask ornament, but maybe it's JUST ME...

Maybe I'll call them "Stumpy the eighth dwarf" just to see if they have thought it out...

But then I'm the guy who pictures Dracula in a really crowded bar saying, "Man, I need a DRINK!" and then watching the rush for the door...

And you thought I just PLAYED a Sith...

Heh. Ten years working Haunted Houses changes your perspective...

Now if I could only burn that image of Ewen dancing naked while Yoda watches out of my brain, I might be normal again.

Probably not.

((only Seven edits??? Man, I'm losing my touch))

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Were it not for the fact my tendonitis in my wrists has flared up, I'd have a lot more to say on this topic. But for now:

BWAH HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, the description of the Yoda and "that scene" just about killed me. Love Velvet Goldmine, I do, but expose (the operative term, it is) Yoda to it, you should not.

- Kai, sniggering and icing her wrists

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok..whats REALLY scary about that Yoda stocking thing is that I knew someone who had a minature Boston Terrier ...named Yoda.. who literally looked like that stocking.. Even to the eyes doing the Marty Fieldman impersonation! If you had dyed that dog Green, it would have been an exact match.. ((shudders)).

Ok, I DID NOT intentionally expose Yoda to..um.. Jedi Exposure...It just happened..really..honest..uh huh,, that's my story and I'm sticking too it.

Take care of your wrists, Kai ..keeping icing them.. (ask Kenobi goes back to icing boo-booed knee)

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I spoke with the Boston Rebels (who hosted Vader's World Tour). The only person who really gave me any tips/advice said:

"get the tracking #s when yoda is shipped betwen groups so that the CRs can figure out when Yoda is going to get to them."

Also, you're going to need to figure out exactly which FF's this baby's going. You don't want it turning into the Vader tour. Vader got "intercepted" by other Fan Forces along the way. :)

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks, Miana...so this will take a bit more planning than a week..but will start setting it up. (BTW GREAT seeing you again last night!!)...Plus kicking back and partying at Chili's afterwards (even though I was still in "Kenobi").. LOL (To the rest of Santa Cruz, you will be happy to know that your ever-loving CR was busying doing Jedi Negotiations, along with our Master of Disguise, Siri - was living up to everything the Santa Cruz FF believes in..San Diego.. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!)

Your Representatives Working for You for a Better FanForce

9. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Can you believe we actually had 3 CRs (well, two, plus a former CR) all sitting at one table?!?!

I miss you guys already! Come up to Marin and I'll take you to the gates of Skywalker Ranch. :D

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    If we had gotten a picture with James, then it would have been 4. 2 current, 1 former, and 1 soon-to-be. :D

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kim, do you want me to go around to the major city FFs and see if there is an interest in participating?

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    That would be awsome, Miana..I would really appreciate it. Lets get this thing set up right..and remember the Ultimate Goal..Photo with Ewan! (He Fried Him..He Owes Me at LEAST a Picture with him!) :D

13. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    AIIIEEEE! Get out of my head! I mean, are you US?! Me and my partner? You are our evil twins! Oh, I mean our "good" twins I guess...

Oh, man, she literally ran the length of the exhibit hall at SDCC last year, found me and said, "Guess what, Majestic's selling the Zuni Fetish Doll!" I screamed: "Don't you ****** DARE buy that! That part of the movie scared the **** out of me!" Which was of course her cue to immediately run the 1/4 mile back and purchase one...

Do you know what she did? Do you KNOW what she DID? She was working an exhibitor booth and had to leave earlier than I did the next day. I was sleeping in the other bed at the hotel. Do you know what that ***** did?! Swear to God, she opened it up, took it out of the box and propped it up on a box in front of the telehone table between the beds, so that its nasty teeth were exactly at eye-level with my sleeping position. It was 'that face' that greeted me first thing, in all its glory, when I opened my eyes. We were on the 12th floor, she's lucky I didn't heave it out the window.

I roared off the bus and charged over to the booth, where she just grinned and said "Good morning! Did you say hello to your little friend?" Even with the caps-on number keys, my reply is unprintable.

It has since been relegated to the storage unit in another city, at my insistence.

MrCottonsParrot

14. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    My, what ARE you suggesting?! Velvet Goldmine, eh? Admit it, you like it on its own, EMcG or no, you know you do!

And in case anyone is wondering, if you happen to think that the current EmcG film "The Island" is all that, it's really just a direct rip-off/remake of a wonderfully awful 1970's film "The Clonus Horror." They don't seem to be mentioning that very loudly, even though the story and plot are exactly the same...

So Spaketh
    MrCottonsParrot

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMAO!!! Hey MrCottonsParrot..have missed seeing you around. Soooo,, Mr. and Mrs. Emperor arent' the only ones with the Zuni Fetish Doll...Gods, same thing here, this little Jedi had to go and change their trousers after seeing that thing on TV. But your story is hysterical.

As for Velvet Goldmine..well, originally watched it for EmG, but really like it on it's own. (Ok, I was always fascinated by Glam Rock..:) ) As for the Island..OMG totally forgot about the Clonus Horror..what a really great bad film that was. Ok, now I REALLY have to go see the Island. Too bad MST3K still isn't around.. they would probably have a blast with it.[face_laugh]

So, are you going to be at Disneyland this Sat? :)

Maybe we could run into each other there.

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    1. Sorry, I don't allow clones of us, they would be too scary.

2. I didn't buy the doll, hence, my wife is still living in the house (that was NOT a threat, she doesn't make threats, she makes promises and keeps them). Besides, it gave me enough nightmares as a kid, it would have been long gone anyway. When I was young I used to have a yardstick next to the bed, because I knew the little demon bugger was hiding under it, and if I leaped to the bed without touching the floor near the bed, it couldn't get me (typical kid logic). I then used the yardstick to sweep under the bed to make sure it was clear and next to turn off the light switch by the door. My mom without telling me put a box of my stuff under the bed once. After the yardstick hit it, I was up all night sweating, petrified, terrified that it was IT in the box. Did I mention that in my teens she used to buy me Stephen King books as well as Poe and Lovecraft? Well, OK, I did ask for them...

But I don't have issues. Really. Stop laughing. No really. Don't make me get Jack and his mallet now...

3. I'm surprised yours is still INTACT, that was wayyyy too twisted a thing to do... not that I don't approve of scaring the heck out of people, I spent ten years at it working a haunted house (and I'm VERY VERY VERY GOOD AT IT, heh), but even I have my limits. Was bad enough one con waking up with Mr. Max's Tom Servo dimly glowing in the dull morning light on top of the TV... and don't even get me started with the clown from Poltergeist...

17. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Philadelphia reporting in.

We'd love to host the little green guy as a stop on his tour. :D

18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh stopping in. We'd love to have Yoda come visit with us.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Dang that was fast! :eek:

Anyways, Kim! Here's a list of everywhere I asked. Tell me if there are more places you'd like to add:

Sacramento, CA
    Los Angeles, CA
    San Francisco, CA
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Boise, Idaho
    Spokane, WA
    Oregon
    Houston, TX
    NYC, NY
    Pittsburgh, PA ( :D)
    Philadelphia, PA ( :D)
    Washington DC
    Phoenix, AZ
    Denver, CO
    Albuquerque, NM
    Southern Nevada, NV
    Provo, UT
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Raleigh, NC
    Charlotte, NC
    London, UK
    Scotland, UK

I didn't know how far you wanted to let him go. :p

EDIT:

Oh, and San Diego, of course. :p

20. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, on behalf of the many UK chapters, we'd be happy to host the little fella for a while. Of course, how he gets here will have to be worked out ;)

Hmm, we might also have to see where abouts Ewan is during Yoda's visit :D

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Thats great! I think by next week I'll get a signup thread going so we can actually start putting this thing togeather. And appreciate the fact that Ewan maybe tracked down for that picture. [face_laugh] If anyone can do it..it you guys across the pond.

Thanks

Kim/Kenobi

22. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    HI!!

New Jersey would like to host your 'little green friend' !

Believe it or not, there ARE scenic/memorable places in JERSEY!! [face_laugh]

Let us know!
    ~DG~

23. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Count in daytona beach!

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    This is great.. I hope to start getting everything ready to go by next week. Yes, as you have all seen by the original post, Poor Yoda has had more than enough trauma to last his extra-long lifetime. Thanks all for helping him get out and see the universe! :)

25. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We'd love to host Master Yoda up here in Rochester, NY.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.