main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Good Luck to you Don, hope you get what you are looking for then.

saving Star Wars stuff, I do that anyway. but I assume that he was talking bout how this would be the last SW movie so it would be wise to save all the SW stuff. But there are rumors floating around about movies past ROTJ.

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Right Anakin, Prowse just talked about how SW can't just fade away after ep3. He discussed the post-"Sith" movies and the TV show slated for 2006. Mostly how everyone had a stake in keeping the franchise alive by continuing to purchase sw products, playing sw games, keeping the writers in biz by buying books so that it won't fade from collective memory.

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Wow, Natalie, those big cat pics are amazing. I particlularly liked the next to the last one, with you beaming at the tiger. You looked very comfy and not at all intimidated. Most impressive! Question - did any of them purr? This sounds like something we as a group could do to volunteer - probably be wickedly cool. :D

4. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ooooh yes they purred! It was amazing - like a big rumbling sounds. It was super super cool.

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Jane is in Wake Med for some lower GI problems. Get well soon Jane!

I have an interview with Cisco tomorrow morning and I have to finish my project management class today and Thursday!

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Prowse has a great deal of self-interest in keeping Star Wars alive. If Star Wars ever fades from favor, he'll no longer be a big draw on the autograph circuit. He has milked his celebrity despite his more than candid views on his dislike for the PT, especially after he felt slighted by not being allowed in them. While I can't fault a guy for looking after his well-being, he has consistently overcharged, misrepresented, or basically lied about his autograph pricing in the past and it wasn't until the Star Wars resurgence brought about by Zahn that he has been able to once again name his price. I know the guy has had health issues and other problems, but on the numerous times I have met him, only once was he cordial and that was when Star Wars was dormant in the early 90's. At another convention, he was the only one charging for his autograph when much bigger names were charging nothing and at another, he was charging, but would not tell anyone until after he had signed, at which point people were basically stuck having to pay. Outside of that first time, I have found him to be about the least pleasant of the Star Wars actors I have met. I hope Star Wars continues to stay alive after the final movie and the TV shows, but I hope it's for the right reasons and not the ones I believe concern Prowse.

7. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Don, please tell Jane I send my best wishes for a quick recovery. Good luck to you on that interview tomorrow, I know you will do well.

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I saw Jane in WakeMed Cary, and she's recovering after an appendectomy. I dropped off a get well card, a baloon, and a Movie Magic magazine covering the release of the Star Wars dvd to help cheer her up.

She's in rm 223, but don't know if she'll be released today or not.

9. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm picking Jane up today :) around 2pm.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Welcome home Jane! Hope you're feeling better! Is there lots of ice cream and jello involved with removing an appendix or is that just a tonsils thing? Either way, somebody get that girl some ice cream or jello! Or even better, blue milk!

11. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I hope you feel better soon Jane! Too bad they didn't have a bacta tank for you, then you would have felt better in a jiffy!

Are any of yo uguys planning on making it to the RenFaire in October?

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Jane is out of the hospital and back home and resting. We brought over homemade chicken soup and bananna nut bread for Jane and Natalie and we all watched 1/2 of a New Hope. Great to have her home! :)
    She's ready to do DragonCon next year. Hopefully she'll help with my Dooku costume.

More big news today! Adam is coming back home effective Monday Sept 27. YAY YAY YAY! :D :D :D

Yes, jgk_vader, I'm planning to go to the Renn Faire again in October or Nov, but the NCFellowship has not settled on a date. We have had discussions on NCFellowship@yahoogroups.com and on www.bucklebury.net/ncf but no date firmed up. Anyone willing to go?

What date would you prefer?

13. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey Don, where is the Renn Faire held at?

Chris

14. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey Don, how bout them Miami Hurricanes! ;) [face_batting] [face_devil]
    You FSU fans need a [:D]

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Chris, the Renaissance Fest is :

Dates: The 11th annual Carolina Renaissance Festival is open every Saturday and Sunday, from the October 2 and 3 through November 14 and 15.

Hours: 10:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. rain or shine.

Location: Just north of Charlotte between Concord and Huntersville on Highway 73 at Poplar Tent Road (between I-77 and I-85). Exit 25 on I-77 or exits 52 or 55 on I-85.

Stacey [face_devil] hmmm, looks like the ACC has a lot of talent this year.

16. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Just thought I'd say hi. I'm not feeling up to par yet and unfortunately sitting at my computer makes me very dizzy.

In a sense I'm Alive...

-UD

17. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Welcome back Janie! I am glad you are out of the hospital and on your way to recovery. Remember to not push yourself too hard too soon. You will only set yourself back in your recovery time. Take care of yourself and I am counting on you guys to help take care of Jane.

18. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yay! She's alive and *not* in perfect hibernation, thank goodness. Great to have ya back, kid!

19. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Everyone,

I can now stand to be at the Computer for 30 minutes and I'm moving faster around the apartment. Still in some pain but not as bad as it's been. I'm going to to the Doctor on Friday to get a check up.

Looking forward to next week possibly.

Janers

20. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Take it slow and easy Jane! Be well. I will be there in 2 weeks maybe we can all get together one evening.

21. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Trust me I'm not going to push it. :)

Just chilling and hanging and resting here at the apartment.

-UD

22. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Glad to hear your up and at 'ems, Jane!

Stacey, you of course are also invited to the party!

Don, the Garners will be hitting the RenFaire on Sat. October 16th. Think you'll be able to make it? Ron's Aragorn costume will be done by then!

23. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    OOOHHH! Ron as Aragorn! You are a lucky lady Janine. I have to check into whether or not I can make it for Halloween, but I sure do appreciate the invitation. I will let you know as soon as I can.

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Today is talk like a pirate day! Hoist the mainsail! Avast ye swab! Today this board is rated ARRRR....

Also in other news, Crabtree's Suncoast was fun, and I got in trouble with the mall management for wearing the royal guard outfit beyond the store area. HAH!

I did not get the job at Cisco, but there's a job fair tomorrow at Embassy Suites.

25. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Best of luck to you me matey!!!!

Avast ye Stacey, I bees a lucky land lubber indeed with my handsome Aragorn husband!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.