The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yay! That's awesome Jenine and Ron! Way to go!
  2. arwenskywalker Jedi Youngling

Ok, have you ever looked for a movie on DVD that you remember from when you were little because you thought it kicked total butt at the time? Weel, i did just that. I finally found this movie, The last Unicorn. It was one of my favorites when I was little and my daughter and I watched it this weekend.

So Cheesy. It really was. And parts of it were just icky. I mean, the harpie part was enough to give someone nighmares! It was a dissapointment : ( And Mia Farrow was the voice of the Unicorn/Girl and they had her singing at one point. I truly thought my ears would bleed. It was terrible. Oh well. At least I always have the goonies to fall back on ; )
  3. UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well I thought I'd give everyone an update on what's going on this side of the Triangle. NC State has started back and I'm hard at work taking 12 credit hours towards my Degree. Right now I'm taking English Lit I, Shakespearean English, Medieval History, and Historical Geology. It's a lot of reading and effort on my part so I've been extremely busy with my classes.

On the job front, two opportunities have opened up at local banks in the area doing office work and I've applied for the positions. They are flexible with school hours which is good for me due to the fact that I can't work a full 40 hour schedule like I did when I worked down at the Hotel. I will be doing follow ups this week and hopefully I'll have some good news to report soon.

If anyone needs anything just let me know! :)

-Janers

ps: I saw the Vanity Fair Cover and it rocks!
  4. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yah, arwen, I've had similar experiences with The Last Starfighter, The Neverending Story, and The Black Cauldron, Enemy Mine. They inspired with some existentialism to ponder in younger years, then ultimately fell flat.
  5. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The first season of My Little Ponies is out on DVD and I can't wait to get it :D . I think I used to watch The Last Unicorn but I really don't remember it. I also loved Rainbow Bright, the Care Bears and Smurfs, I'm keeping my eyes open for those.

I'm taking Social Dance, Besic Rock Climbing, Yoga, Environmental Ethics, Computer Security, and Senior Project. My PE's are awesome!!!! Especially Social Dance. We are learning the Cha Cha and my prof's for my Projects course are really awesome. Our sponsor for the project is Tekelec. We have our second meeting with them on Tuesday. Then the thing I'm most scared about... I have to give a 15 minute presentation to 2 senior VP's of GlaxoSmithKline who are coming down from Philidelphia. I have a dress rehearsal tomorrow and need a lot of practice. The good thing is my boss is taking a few of us from work out to Second Empire afterwards! That might be the only chance I ever go to that restaurant!
  6. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master

star 5
    Actually I recently rewatched Enemy Mine and still quite enjoyed it. Then again, I really like Dennis Quaid, so that may have something to do with it.

As for a bad experience, there's a bad little movie with Olivia Newton-John called Xanadu. Even as a kid, I remember it being cheesy, but for some reason I enjoyed it. (Probably a lot to do with ONJ) My sister got a copy and we watched it about six months ago. Or should I say, we started to watch it and I questioned my sanity several times over.
  7. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just a quick note, the 501st stormtroopers will be live and in costume at Suncoast Videos at Triangle Town Center tomorrow, Saturday Jan 22, 10am -5PM.
  8. stacey113 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have to admit it to all of you, I was listening to the Xanadu soundtrack just the other day [face_blush]! I just like it alot. The movie may have been cheesy then and even cheesier now, but it is still entertaining.
  9. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love Xanadu! It's so wonderous because of it's innosence.
  10. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master

star 5
    Actually I still enjoy the soundtrack too. I was always a closet ELO fan. [face_shhh]
  11. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    For me, this is officially the worst year in sports ever. First it starts when the Carolina Panthers lose to the Patriots in last years Super Bowl. Then during baseball season the Pirates do absolutely nothing at all just like they have done for the past 34510128743921845413095 seasons. Then they cancel hockey season since the owners and players have to be greedy bastards. The NC State football team fails to go to a bowl game for the first time in 4 years eventhough they had the best defense in the entire nation. The NC State basketball team starts out ranked then loses to freakin' high school teams and is now in danger of not going to the NCAA college basketball thing. And now to top it all off the Pittsburgh Steelers lose to the freakin' Patriots again and fail to reach the Super Bowl. What else can go wrong this year? Oh yeah, the NC State basketball team not making it to the post-season of college basketball. And the way this year is going, they probably won't. Why? Because I'm a fan. I don't think any team that I like is ever going to win any championship because sports just don't seem to like me. Sorry, I had to vent somewhere.

P.S. I hope the Patriots get the ever living crap beaten out of them in the Super Bowl against the Eagles. I want the Eagles to beat them like they own them, and send the Patriots home crying.
  12. stacey113 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am so with you Chris. Being a Florida football fan, I HATE THE PATRIOTS! I was hoping the Steel Curtain would come down on them. I just have to say Go Eagles!
  13. UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Michigan didn't win the Rose Bowl. NC State's Football and Basketball teams can't play. The Detroit Lions can't play football period so as usual they were denied a playoff spot. It looks like there will be no Hockey Season this year and the upcoming Baseball season doesn't look good ethier for Detroit.

:(

And on a another note, it looks like I will loose my CR blues for good. The higher-ups have caught up and given that the boards are moving to another server, they have to do what they have to do and decide what boards to keep and what boards to eliminate. I'd like to thank our RSA Mandy for everything that she has done to encourage me to continue on as CR for Havelock and I'd like to thank Don, Stacey, and Kevin for all their help and advice. It was a real honor to be a CR for a City and hopefully I can still play a role in the Fan Forces in the future.
  14. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Let me explain what Jayners is saying. The board gods have decided that they are paying much too much $$$ for the privllege of hosting us, so they're moving us lock stock and barrel to another hosting group. During the cleanup, some cities with little board activity are being gleaned from the system during the migration. We should see no other disruption of service. Good grief-you're no longer part of the blue crew? Hey don't worry - you're still a city rep to me.

;)

Psycho, you knew it was going to be an apocryphal year when Boston won the World Series. ;)
  15. SarkaVrae Jedi Master

star 5
    ok, i have nothing to say about sports, but "hi" anyway :)

just a fellowfanforcer checking out the boards of others to steal....er, I mean scan, borrow, & assimilate any good ideas you guys may have. no point in re-inventing the wheel, right? :D

anyway, hi! & good-bye ;)
  16. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hi, Saca, thanks for visiting us. We aren't lucky enough to have a Chattanooga Choo-Choo like you do. We have an acorn. A big brass acorn. In a downtown park.
    Does that prove we're nuts about Star Wars?
  17. arwenskywalker Jedi Youngling

OMG, call me cheesy, but I have to have this:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1130/dn/default.cfm

18. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, cheesy. And Sour Creamy. And chives-y.
  19. UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lol.

Suddenly I can just picture Darth Tater peeking up in Toy Story 3.
  20. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Adam landed a job at Coldstone Creamery in Cary as team lead. YAY!
  21. Padawan311 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I gots ta get me one of those Darth Taters.....loaded......with bacon.......and cheese! LOL

Chris
  22. SarkaVrae Jedi Master

star 5
    thanks for the welcome. i want a darth tater really really bad :D ;)
  23. JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You know, I guess I should be embarassed, but this 29 yr old really wants one of those Vader Taters. They are so cute.

PS Go Patriots!! (Been a fan since I collected football cards as a kid.) If the Cowboys and Texans can't get in..... I was actually hoping the Colts would be there though.
  24. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Star Trek has passed into the undiscovered country. With the cancellation of Enterprise, this is the end of the era. To all Trekkies, a warm K'pla and we wish you well.

Also, Adam has an interview with Duke Power for a nuclear engineering position, on March 1st. We'll be driving there to Kernersville the day before and stay at a hotel. Send lots of prayers.

25. stacey113 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Y'all! I will be leaving in a few hours to drive up there. I am signing my lease and I have some job interviews this week. Some of you have my cell phone number, give me a call if you have some time and want to get together one evening this week. I hope school is going well for those of you that are in college. Hope to see you this week or when I move up in 3-4 weeks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.