main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Hello guys, long time no post for me! I am no longer in the Raleigh area, I moved back home to Greensboro. There is no big fanforce base around here that I have found. I miss all the events and everything. I will not miss the convention coming on in April, I will be there no matter what! It would be great to meet up with the Raleigh fanforce once again. I would be happy to work on some ideas for a logo as well, I am working in a graphic arts dept. for a huge screenprinting plant up here, and I would love to work on one in my spare time. Please let me know any ideas, color schemes ect. that you may have! It would be my pleasure. Hope to see you all again soon!

Chris

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    My job is driving me insane.

I just thought I would let you all know that. ;)

3. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I have had and am now taking a computer program. If you want I can try to make a icon if you say its o.k tallon.Oh yah I have my writing test tomarow :( I am so nerovis.

4. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    It will take some time though. My frontpage dose not have the abilty to do what I want it to do. I will do it at school after I have completed my next web. That should only take 1, days. :)

5. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    well, i dunno if anybody read the other thread - but my father was wrongfully fired form his job...for doing his job. But then, the HR department where I work is headed up by people who don't know what it is IT does. Anyways, he is really upset and doesn't have any stable leads on a job till the end of the month. So he kinda is out of money by the end of this week I suppose...so I dunno where I'll be living if he doesn't get a new job, since I still live at home. Anyways, not a very happy environment around my house the past few days. So if anybody knows a company in RTP hiring Network/Computer Engineers who have 26+ years experience in the field, please lemme know. :)

6. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Sorry to here that. And no I dont have any help for you :(

7. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm afraid the job market for Engineers has significantly dropped in the area. My dad has been in danger of losing his job as well but he is secure now. I am sorry to hear about your father DinoX and I hope something works out for him soon. I'm afraid I don't know of anything right now.

I was also thinking about doing something web wise for the fan force. I could easily turn over the Fan section of my web site into a TTF section. I know Chuck has been having some problems keeping the site going, if its ok with him I could take over hosting.

8. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll echo those sentiments, Jedi_Natalie. DinoX, I'm awfully sorry to hear that about your dad. It's really tough out there in this market. I'm not a manager at IBM, but please at least go and apply at IBM and Cisco.

Also call on Tek-systems. They are a contract company that IBM and Cisco hires from for networking guys. They originate from Dallas, TX (get it? Tek-sys-tems??), but they have offices here in Raleigh on Edwards Mill Rd. 816-1500. It may not be permanent, but hey, money is money, and it gets your foot in the door.

9. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    A contracting company might be the way to go right now. I got hired through Randstad and they are great to work with. They have a location up in RTP. I know they do a lot of work with GlaxoSmithKline but I"m sure they work with other companies as well. And engineers are needed throughout the marketplace. Like Don said it may be temporary but maybe it would buy your dad a little more time.

10. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    yeah, semi-good news: my dads best friend is contracting him this week I think until the end of the month when he has the funds to hire my dad full time. I've just been worried bout my dads well-being. :(

11. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    I hope he is doing o.k. Sorry about your situation dino x :(

12. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
  13. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Hey Raleigh TTF

Just wanted to say HI.

HI.

Thats all.

[face_plain]

14. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Howdy, how's everything going?

15. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey everyone. This JediKnight just wanted to drop by for a few. I have good news & bad news. Lets do the bad news first so we end on a good note.....Bad News: The ice storm in Greensboro last week hit my parents home. It was bad. A HUGE tree uprooted from a neighbors house & fell on my parents house. They are OK, but, it destroyed all but their bedroom & kitchen. It was a 3 bedroom home. They are devastated. :( Good News: I have been looking for a job since November when my hours were cut to "on call". I finally got hired yesterday! yippie! I start on Monday. Full time, M-F, no later than 6:30pm every day. I'll be a caregiver for a daycare center at a local church here in J'Ville. :)

16. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Ouch! I'm glad that your parents are alright Jerri. I hope that you enjoy your new job and hopefully we can buy things like mad in Greensboro when we go up there.

-Jane

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Jerri, sorry about the parents house, but thrilled you got that job! As long as your parents are ok, that's the main thing. Houses can be rebuilt. :)

18. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    AHHHH! Its a City Rep Trifecta!

[face_plain]

19. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    LOL....beafet, you never cease to amuse me!
    Thanks ya'll, for the concern & the congrats!

20. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Where where are the CR's? Ahhh they are everywhere! What I'm one of them? Oh ok :)

Hehe.

See ya Beafet, Jerri and Don hehe :).

21. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Glad to hear your parents are ok. I live in the Greensboro area, and it was a terrible storm. Winston-Salem and surrounding cities were all hit hard as well. I was without power and phones for 3 days, but things are slowly getting cleaned up and back to normal, hopefully spring will be upon us very soon. Anyone know if its true that the Batmobile will be on display at the convention in Greensboro this April? Is there a website with info on the show? Rock On Fellow Jedi \,,/

22. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I believe www.imperialquartermaster.com is the site you are looking for.

It's going to be so much fun! The Carolina 501st is gonna be there! So bring on the Stormtroopers, Sith Lords, Crewers and Imperial Guards this is gonna be a blast!

23. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    There is someone in NC that owns the Batmobile. He brought it to the Star Wars prop show last year in Raleigh, unfortunately it rained so he was only showing it in intervals inside of his trailer so I didn't get to see it. But I bet at big events we'll see him bring it. You might try the Replica Prop forum (sorry don't know the URL off the top of my head) but they probably have some pics up.

24. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    On this computer the batmobil is my wallpaper. :)

25. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Star Wars CCG tournaments are kicking back in. So far the schedule is Saturday March 8 at Tiger Lilly's Fuquay store, and Saturday March 15, Tiger Lilly's Raleigh store. Both are 11AM, and open constructed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.