The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Run and go out to Best Buy now! They have the original Transformers cartoons (Season One and Two) on DVD. Oh, the memories...
  2. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    This may sound silly...but I keep looking for My Little Pony on DVD... It was my childhood cartoon that I adore.
  3. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't seen any of them on DVD, but I have seen some on VHS over at Amazon.com. I remember getting those My Little Pony toys. And let us not forget Strawberry Shortcake. I got one of her dolls - it was the girl that wore a lot of purple and had glasses. Also, Strawberry Shortcake taught me my first lesson on the pitfalls of corporate America at an early age. I sent in for a Strawberry Shortcake kite after seeing an offer on a cereal box - and never got it. I want my kite darnit!

I also watched He-Man a lot. I had younger brothers - what can I say?
  4. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yes Strawberry Shortcake! I had a doll of her that when you squeezed her she smeeled like strawberries. hehe my proffesor in Linear Algebra last semester looked like the purple pie man (I know its kind of mean but its true! hehe). I loved the My Little Pony toys, I wish I never got rid of them.
  5. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    He-man was the bomb. You can't go wrong with He-man. Don't forget about GI Joe too. At the end of every cartoon they taught you valuable lessons in life, like how to stop a nose bleed!!! Cuz knowing is half the battle.
  6. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    another good cartoon was Exo-Squad. I loved watching that when I was in high school...
  7. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    I can definitely see Psycho beefed up in a He-Man tunic - would Natalie be your She-Ra?

Me - I'm an old Tom & Jerry fan and Bugs Bunny nutcase. Now I'm not going to tell you this but I was also into some early Sat AM puppet shows like Fireball XL-5 (sorry, before your time).
  8. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    It would definitely be interesting to see Natalie in a She-Ra outfit...........maybe we can start working on Halloween costumes!!!
  9. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I grew up on G.I. Joe, He-Man, Ghostbusters, Thundercats and TMNT. I also watched alot of Thom and Jerry, Rescue Rangers, and Dennis the Menace. Ah, the good ole days. I kick myself everyday thinking of the toys and cool figures I ruined, stomped on, or blew apart with M-80's, but I guess thats what they are really made for when you are a kid, to play with them, enjoy them, and let your imagination run wild. But when I think of that old Indiana Jones ROTLA, figure I broke or, first edition electronic X-Wing I threw in the pool to reinact the Dagobah crash, it just makes me want to cry. :-(
  10. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    Tallon, I have one thing to say,*dresses up as Elmer Fudd in Brunhilda costume* " Kill the Rabbit, Kill the Rabbit!"

Seriously, Speed Racer was the best cartoon when I was very young. All of the others mentioned above were also very cool, but Don is right, you can't beat the old classic Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry shows. They still make me laugh out loud today.
  11. motha17 Jedi Padawan

hey everyone. i am a big star wars fan and have been wanting to get to know a few fellow fans...so i went ahead and signed up. so feel free to hollar at me
  12. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    motha17 is a good friend of mine, we used to be in Tae Kwon Do together. I got him into reading the New Jedi Order books. So we have a new member to our group :D .
  13. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome Motha17, any friend of Master Natalie is a friend of ours.
  14. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I just put on the most impressive display of failure ever. And I hate birds.

That is all.
  15. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Psy - dude, you did not fail - you merely made a choice that was not advantageous - and there is no disgrace in that. Remember all life is an experiment. failure is a part of life - learn from it and let it go - and geez, dude you have that sweet Natalie to love - that makes you a success in my book.
  16. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Motha17, we are honored, that you have joined us....
  17. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    I did the wierdest thing today. I went to get out of the car and to roll the window up and the skin between my fingers was like pinched in between the nob of the window handle....It took a while to get unstuck. I have no idea how my hand got stuck on the handle but I tried to pull the nob out and it wouldn't budge, I had to slowly work my hand free. It really hurt too but we couldn't stop laughing....just had no idea you can get you hand stuck rolling up the car door window due to the nob.......
  18. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Psycho - I believe Dark Horizons mentioned something about the rights to G.I. Joe being bought to write a screenplay. You may get a G.I. movie sooner rather than later!

If they made a great Transformers movie - that would totally rock!

Edit: I forgot to include this:

Also, I want to say that I love one of my fellow managers at the theater. He's the first assistant and deals with the projectionists and movie posters. Well, I made it clear that I wanted an X2 movie poster, but there were none left he and the general manager had grabbed one, and then we had one or two for display (and they would be faded by the time I would get them). Anyway, he walks up to me tonight with an X2 poster and hands it to me. Turns out they just got some more in (at least that's what he says - he may have been hiding some), but he gave me one, and I was so excited. Yay!
  19. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    I just back from seeing Steve Wozniak speak at the McKimmon center. He told his story of how he got started on the Apple series computers and how he got there. Interesting to listen to, had a good time.

Now we have a semi-formal to get ready for :) .
  20. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    I did my civic duty today and picked up garbage along Millbrook between Creedmoor and Shelley Lake Park as part of the Adopt-A-Highway program for the NC RoadRunners club. Now I need to hit the road and start running again...its been way too long.

Also got a call from Dan Bojanowski, lead DGMA tournament director from Decipher. He's coming down here for the fiece Black Rider tour, I have him officially for Wed. June 4 and Thursday June 5, he'll be giving away LOTR black rider cards with $20. I'm psyched!
  21. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Glad I have this thread to "gab" to:

1) I already hate the movie "Legally Blonde 2" due to the fact that the standee was a pain in the butt to build.

2) I won a cute little E.T. doll made of soft vinyl from eBay. I used to have one when I was little and I loved it. I can't believe I found one! Check it out - it's so cute! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=153&item=2171579121&rd=1

3) Although I think the first asst. manager may be playing a joke on me, he's said I won't be able to preview X2. He better be playing a joke on me - cause I swear I'm gonna see Hugh Jackman on Thursday if I have to hide in that theater!
  22. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh I used to be so scared of ET when I was little. I remember in preschool we had a loft that was the coolest thing but they put a movie poster of ET up (the image where they are flying by hte horizon in the bycicle) and it would scare me so bad! I would never go up there again and if I did I better not be the last one up there. Anyway I went to see ET when it came out again and marveled at it as if it were the first time seeing it, scared me so bad when I was little.
  23. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    That's pretty cool, Starbrstlvr :) but I went to see Anger Management last night (was totally unimpressed) but saw the Down with Love in the lobby and nearly had to restrain myself from wanting to kiss the Renee Zelleweger standee, she was just so cute reclining there in her 60s dress looking all Marilyn Monroe-ish. Geez. :)

Anyway has anyone else had a scary or other visceral feeling from movie standees like Jedi_Natalie, Starbrstlvr, and myself??
  24. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I dont have a story about a Standee, but I can vividly remember being about 4 years old and watching King Kong for the first time. It scared the pants off of me, I remember having a nightmare that night about King Kong looking in the 2nd story window of my bedroom, and waking up shaking and scared to death, then I ran and hid in my closet, haha. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to seeing Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong, in the near future!

Chris
  25. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    The movies that scared me the most when I was little were the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Freddy was just really scary and my sister loved the movies so she watched them often.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.